Q&A With Chey Birch From BLACK CHICKEN REMEDIES Skin Care

naturalskincare
blackchicken
blackchickenremedies
Q&A With Chey Birch From BLACK CHICKEN REMEDIES Skin Care

Thank you for your reply Chey, I have pushed out my shampoo&conditioner usage to once a week so at least I know I’m minimising my contact with all those chemicals. I’ll be watching with anticipation to see what you release in the future.

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your question. Natural ingredients, and especially oils, certainly do penetrate deeper into the skin.

For cleansing we recommend our Cleanse My Face oil cleanser used with a muslin cloth. As it is an oil cleanser it doesn’t strip oil from the skin, instead deeply cleanses and calms the skin at the same time.

For hydration we recommend our Love Your Face Serum and Hydrate My Face mist toner. Our serum is extremely hydrating and has no fillers or chemicals, it is a unique combination of oils to plump and hydrate the skin. While our Hydrate My Face is great to spritz before serum in order to ensure the serum sinks into the skin even better. But it can also be used at any time of day as a hydration boost!

Balm of Ages, our multi purpose balm, also works fantastically as a hydrating mask. Just put it on in place of moisturiser or serum and let it sink in all night as you sleep.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Mary-Kate,

That’s my pleasure, thanks for your question!

Our deodorant pastes are not anti-perspirants, we believe sweating is an important function of the body as your sweat glands help control your body temperature and work tirelessly to expel harmful toxins from your body through perspiration.

However, you are completely right in saying the body ‘re-calibrates’ after using natural deodorant. You should definitely notice less sweating with time!

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your question. Our Love Your Face Serum actually just won a Beauty Shortlist Award for Best Daily Face Serum for Combination Skin!

Love Your Face Serum and Cleanse My Face oil cleanser are used together by many people with combination skin as they help regulate sebum production. So rather than strip oil from the skin, only causing it to produce more, they communicate with the skin to balance oil production. The oils deeply cleanse, hydrate and calm the skin.

Every ingredient in every product we make is chosen specifically for its remedial benefits.
In our serum, the Organic Jojoba Oil is perfect for acneic, prematurely ageing or otherwise problematic skin as it mimics human sebum more closely than any other compound in nature. Therefore it assists in bringing balanced moisture to all skin types. Neroli essential oil helps improve elasticity in the skin. It acts as a rejuvenator for mature and sensitive skins because it is capable of stimulating the growth of new cells, and Sandalwood Essential oil is excellent for dehydrated skin plus it relieves irritation and inflammation of the skin. And that’s just to name a few of the ingredients! You can read about the remedial benefits of many more here: https://blackchicken.com.au/product/love-your-face-serum/

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your question. In order to make Axilla Deodorant Paste solid we would need to add water to the product, and as water breeds bacteria we would then need to add preservatives to it. We want to keep our products 100% natural! So we won’t be making a solid version any time soon.
Because we don’t use any chemicals to keep it hard (or soft in winter), using your hands is actually the best way to apply the product as it gives you more control over it!

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi there,

Thanks for your question!

Although we can’t choose the air we breathe, we can choose the products we put on our skin, use in our homes and the food we eat. All we can do to avoid the overload of toxins in the world is make the best decisions we can for ourselves and to use brands we trust!

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the question!

HairOm will definitely help with dry flakes. If you apply it to your hair and scalp before washing, leave it for at least an hour. But you can leave it for however long you like really - the longer the better!

Washing oily hair everyday isn’t a good idea as you don’t want to strip your hair of its natural oils. It can take time, but you can actually train your hair to need less washing. Reduce how often you wash your hair every week and with time your hair should adjust and produce less oil. We also have our Dry Shampoo which may help you to last longer between washes! Try to avoid applying it to the dryer areas and focus it on the oily sections.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks so much! It’s difficult to choose, but some of my favourites would have to be the Cleanse My Face oil cleanser and Balm of Ages multi purpose balm.

I love our cleanser as it leaves the skin so soft and hydrated, without stripping the natural oils from the skin. And my biggest tip for using Balm of Ages is actually to use it as a hydrating face mask! I often put it on in place of serum and let it sink in all night as I sleep.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Jackie,

Thank you so much! And thanks for the question.

A very simple yet nourishing and soothing routine for your daughter would be to use our Cleanse My Face oil cleanser, with a damp muslin cloth to remove, followed by Love Your Face Serum for hydration. Then once a week she could mix our Complexion Polish with the cleanser for a gentle exfoliation. She can do this more or less often depending on how congested or sensitive her skin is at the time.

Cleanse My Face and Love Your Face Serum will ensure her skin stays hydrated, while also balancing the natural oils her skin produces to ensure it doesn’t overproduce oil. And the damp muslin cloth provides a gentle yet thorough way to remove the cleanser. Adding Complexion Polish to the cleansing step once a week means she can control how much of the exfoliator she adds to the oil and will remove dead cells and blocked dirt.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Elishia,

Thank you so much! It was definitely a slow progression. It didn’t happen overnight, but with time the demand for natural remedies grew larger and larger and eventually I was able to do what I loved full time and the business followed! We stick firmly to being a remedial brand first, and I think that kind of integrity is very important for brands to remain successful.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your question. We are releasing an oral health range very soon!
We definitely also have plans in the works for different deodorant scents and many other things, but we don’t have any plans to create a roll on deodorant. In order to make the Axilla Deodorant Paste a roll on we would need to add water to the product and as water breeds bacteria we’d then need to add preservatives to it. We want to keep our products 100% natural!

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi there,

Thanks for the question, we don’t have any plans to branch out into colour cosmetics as we are first and foremost all about being a remedial brand. Every product we create has a specific remedial purpose and every ingredient a remedial benefit!

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your question. For acneic skin I recommend our Cleanse My Face oil cleanser as it works to help regulate sebum production. So rather than strip oil from the skin, only causing it to produce more, it communicates with the skin to balance the oil production. The oils deeply cleanse and calm the skin at the same time.
I also recommend our Complexion Polish mixed with the cleanser two times a week to remove dead cells and blocked dirt. Because it is something you add to the cleansing oil yourself, you can control how much you use.
Alongside this our Cacao Revelation Mask used once a week will help tone and refine pores, the organic Cacao powder does an incredible job at evening out skin tone . It’s a very gentle mask that, again as it is a powder you mix together with water yourself, you can control the strength and thickness of the mask for when your skin is feeling more sensitive.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your question, yes I definitely recommend our products for children as they are gentle and natural. Children are now sweating earlier due to daily exposure to the toxins in food and traditional care products.
I would suggest starting kids out with our Axilla Barrier Booster for sensitive skin as it is super gentle on the skin, and a great first introduction to deodorant!

Thanks,

Chey x

Thank you Chey for providing me with the products to hydrate my skin. I look forward to trying some of these.
Best wishes
Alison

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much! And thanks for your question.
To address hydration and anti-ageing we recommend our Cleanse My Face oil cleanser and Love Your Face Serum as they are oil based products that help regulate sebum production. So rather than strip oil from the skin, only causing it to produce more, it balances the oil production. The oils deeply cleanse, hydrate and calm the skin.

On those days where you’ve spent time in the sun and need a little extra hydration, I recommend using Balm of Ages in place of serum or moisturiser. Balm of Ages will also work wonders on your psoriasis!

For congestion and blocked pores we have our Complexion Polish, an exfoliator you can add to Cleanse My Face and use a couple times a week to remove dead cells and blocked dirt. We also have the Cacao Revelation Mask which will help tone and refine pores.
Regarding pigmentations it has been shown that the essential oils of sandalwood, geranium, frankincense, carrot seed, and lavender all can help with pigmentaton and those oils are found in the Love Your Face Serum and Balm of Ages - the Balm also relieves the symptoms of psoriasis so that is a bonus.
I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chey x

Hi Marie
Thanks for your question. Regarding pigmentation it has been shown that the essential oils of sandalwood, geranium, frankincense, carrot seed, and lavender all can help with pigmentaton and those oils are found in the Love Your Face Serum and Balm of Ages. I would also advise keeping your face out of the sun as much as possible.
Hope that helps

Chey x

Thanks Chey, I really appreciate your advice. J