Q&A With Meghan Horn From Alpha-H Skin Care

skincare
alpha-h
alphah
Q&A With Meghan Horn From Alpha-H Skin Care
0.0 0

Guys,
I am so thrilled about this one and I’m sure you all will be too. I am excited to announce that Meghan Horn, from one of our favourite skin care brands, Alpha-H, will be joining us live on the forum on Wednesday the 20th of September from 12noon -2pm AEST to answer all your questions about Alpha-H skin care products.

As the Education & Training Manager for Alpha-H, Meghan is a qualified Dermal Clinician with over 15 years experience in the professional beauty industry. With a passion for the science behind skincare, Meghan loves the potent concentrations of clinically validated ingredients in Alpha-H products and their ability to really deliver dramatic changes in skin that she treats. She started her career in 2002 as a Beauty Therapist working in an Alpha-H salon, which is where her love affair with the brand and Liquid Gold started. Since her early days she has furthered her studies in dermal therapies by completing a graduate certificate in Dermal Therapies and Laser Safety and is currently studying a bachelor degree in Dermal Science. Meghan is also a member of the Australian Society of Dermal Clinicians.

You are all welcome to start leaving your questions for Meghan from now until the 20th of September and we look forward to you joining us on the 20th as well. As a bonus - the best 10 questions (as chosen by Meghan) will be receiving an Alpha-H Liquid Gold from Adore Beauty!

Meghan will do her best to answer as many of your questions as possible.

:star_struck: I am so excited for this! Alpha-H has changed my life! The results and the confidence I now have thanks to AlphaH range is amazing.

My question is, what are the best products for me to use to really step up my routine and focus on removal of acne scarring?
And what are the best products to use to combat fine lines and wrinkles that are beginning to show around my eyes?

My current routine is below; I thought this might help you give me a more personalised response based on what is currently working for me. I have oily acne prone skin. Have suffered from cystic acne since age of 12, until switching to AlpahH 1 year ago.

Night:
AlphaH triple action cleanser.
AlphaH Liquid Gold
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream - added drops of Vitamin B & E
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel (as required for break outs)
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Alternate Night;
AlphaH triple action cleanser.
Alpha-H Instant Facial
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Morning:
Alpha-H Instant Facial
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer
Makeup

Once per week before nightly routine:
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing + Perfecting Mask
Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba Oil was Purifying Clay Mask

Hi,

I have super sensitive and mostly dry skin but oily in the T-zone. What are the best products for this? Also, whats the best serum to treat pigmentation on my face?

Thank you :slight_smile:
Rina

I’d love to try the Liquid Gold, but I’m worried about the high alcohol content inside it. My skin is oily and acne-prone, and I was wondering the reason/thought process behind including it in the ingredients list (and so high up as well) as research has shown it can be quite irritating on skin. Thanks in advance!

Hi Meghan,

I would love some help with my acne scarring. I do still suffer from hormonal breakouts and oily skin so i need to keep that under control as well.

What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Kate

Hi! I’m so thrilled that this Q&A is happening as I just started using Alpha-H products! Talk about good timing. Thanks to Adore Beauty for organizing this! :smile:
I’ve been using Neostrata AHA 10% moisturizer for many years and felt that my skin needs a change. I’ve been looking for a replacement with similar AHA ingredient and finally came across Alpha H!
Am now using the Alpha Gold on alternate nights and the Balancing moisturizer with exfoliant. Loving it!

My question would be - with all the various vitamin serum out there, do we have to use each one of them to get the individual results? I’m a fan of vitamin C and have been using another vit C serum daily… but you’ve got so many different types of other vitamin serums, what’s the benefit of applying all/each of them? I know that each works to benefit different purpose but do we need to get all of them? Is there one that’s all purpose? Imagine applying 4 different serums on top of the usual skincare regime!

Appreciate if you can enlighten us on that please?

Thanks and keep up the good work on supplying us with fab products! :kissing_heart:

Hi Meghan,

I was so excited to read that you were going to be answering our questions. I am so keen to try Alpha-H products and have been reading a lot about them online.
I got acne when I was 25 and was on Roaccutane for a year. I had amazing skin for the whole year after I finished and it has just started breaking out again. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on which products would be suitable for me? I’m looking for a full skincare routine as my Cetaphil and QV aren’t cutting it anymore.

I don’t have oily skin- I guess I would consider it normal. It seems that all of the products marketed towards problematic skin specifies that it is also oily skin. What do I do if my skin is problematic but not oily?
Also what is the difference between AHA and BHA and do you use both at the same time?

Looking forward to hearing your answers to our questions!

Big high five to Alpha-H! Iv loved every product i’v used so far, my question is cosmetics during pregnancy. I’v read to steer clear of products with vitamin A, is this true and is there anything else we should be aware of?

Becca

I’ve always thought I had oily skin, up until recently when I had a skin consultation and was told I had really dehydrated skin (with little to no oil presenting). I’ve used really drying and acne oriented skin care for as long as I can remember (and think my skin produced excess oil to compensate), and now need to reverse those effects! What’s the best way to do this?

Hi Meghan, I would love to know which masks and exfoliators to use to treat ageing and wrinkles and lines on the skin please. Also if I use the liquid Gold mask which I love, can I use other products in conjunction with this product?

Thankyou so much

Yes! This. I almost didn’t use it because of this reason - so glad I tried it though as I love it.

Hi Meghan,

I use the liquid gold twice a week on its own without any other skincare at night time. I was just wondering 2 questions please. Do I need to use any sun care products while you are using liquid Gold? My products for the day do contain some SPF but I was wondering if I needed a higher SPF? Also can the liquid gold be used on my neck and chest as I have a lot of sun damage, or what can I use for this area please.

Thankyou so much

Hi Meghan, I’m currently using the Liquid Rose Gold, a 2% retinol, vit C and HA regularly throughout the week (sunblock daily) but feel my skin has plateaued. I have normal to dry skin that is prone to dehydration and I have quite a lot of pigmentation across my cheeks and the start of wrinkles at the corners of my mouth. What would you recommend to ‘soup up’ my skincare routine and bring my skin up to another level.

Many thanks

Hi Meghan,

I’ve read a lot about the Alpha H liquid gold but am yet to try it. I have normal skin with at times dry cheeks and dry forehead and am 40 years old. Why would you recommend I start using this product?

Thanks,
Anabel

Hi!
I am 23 and really want to set up a great routine to make my skin glowing and healthy right now - but also prevent signs of aging for when I’m older.
What products would you recommend to achieve these short and long term skin goals?

Your reviews of Alpha H always make me tell myself I MUST try this!

It’s all about sunshine…

Is it true that a short (approx 15 mins) unprotected spell in the sun each day is beneficial to reap the health & vitamin D effects from those warming rays OR is is it vital to wear sunscreen all day, every day? And if so can you recommend a fairly priced chemical/ paraben free and importantly nano particle free brand – as there now are so many things to worry about when choosing a healthy sunscreen, it’s so confusing!!

Hi Meghan,

Love me some Liquid Gold! It’s the first product I’ve used which had instant results - and I’m 41!

My question is regarding extra uses for my L.G. I find it great as a topical treatment for hormonal spots. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Erica

Hi Meghan

Hoping to get some advice on what products to use with Alpha H Liquid Gold in the lead up to my wedding. I’m getting married in February and am hoping to start my skincare regime for the day now! Are you able to assist with products to assist and the frequency that I should be using them through the week please?

Thanks
Georgia

Hi,

Whats the ideal skin routine with Alpha-H products?