Regimen for The Ordinary products

skincare
Regimen for The Ordinary products
0.0 0

I recently bought a few products from The Ordinary, coming from a fairly simple skin care regimen (cleanse, tone, moisturise) I now feel at a bit of a loose end with how to use them, as in what order to apply them! My skin is fairly good for a 45 year old, but I am starting to get some deep wrinkles around my mouth and am a lot dryer than when I was younger. I bought the Buffet, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Advanced Retinoid 2% and the Natural Moisturising Factors + HA. I have an idea of what should be used in the morning and what should be used at night, but I don’t know what’s ok to use everyday and the order of layering!

Hey @bethlane I’m not sure about the other products as I haven’t ordered them but I’ve got the Buffet and I use it evenings after I cleanse and mornings after cleansing before putting makeup on. I kind of feel that if you’re using the Buffet you probably don’t need to use the Hyaluronic Acid as well as the Buffet seems to plump up and moisturise my skin in the same way HA does.

I’d say the Retinoid might be good to layer on before bed.

Some of the other Adore ladies might have some good tips on when to use the other bits and pieces :two_hearts:

Thank you Christine! I have been using the Buffet in the morning followed by the Hyaluronic acid, followed by the Niacinamide and then the moisturiser, which does feel a bit clammy as the layers go on (it’s better to leave them sit for a short time between products but sometimes I don’t have a lot of morning time to do this!). During the winters lately I have been finding I have been getting very dry, maybe in the summer time I could cut back on the HA. Previous to purchasing these products from The Ordinary I only ever moisturised after cleaning and used Dermlogica, I swapped from the Skin Smoothing Cream in the winter to the Active Moist in the summer as in the winter I sucked up the Skin Smoothing Cream but in summer it seemed to sit on my skin rather than soak in.

I am much better at attending to my skin in the mornings, I did use the Retinoid at night last night but I’m not sure if it’s meant for every day, and I think I saw somewhere not to use it with the Niacinamide and I wasn’t certain if that meant to separate them into am and pm, or not use it at all if using Niacinamide.

@bethlane I think that particular Retinoid is a gentler one but Retinol products in general can be pretty potent. I remember using one a few years ago, every day and it really irritated my skin so probably best just to suss out how your skin reacts and cut back accordingly. x