Rosehip oil

Rosehip oil

I’ve been reading through this forum heaps - maybe even a little obsessively! - and I’ve seen that so many Adorables use rosehip oil.

Just wondering if it would be suitable for me?

My current routine at night is Ultrabland cleanser, Eau Roma toner, and Cosmetic Lad moisturiser (all Lush).

In the morning (yes, I’m trying to stick to a morning routine!) it’s Ultrabland or Angels on Bare Skin, the Eau Roma toner again and Imperialis or Cosmetic Lad moisturiser.

I have weird skin - it can get red, and I have a T zone that can get oily, although winter is keeping my skin drier than I’m used to! Don’t really tend to break out very often at all but I do have a couple of bumps on my chin thanks to the boy’s goatee, even though I’ve been trying to avoid it lol. It’s almost like my skin is sensitive, yet tough when it comes to products - I don’t break out but I definitely feel tingles and the like. In the summer, my skin just likes to sweat oil through the T zone if I don’t use light enough products.

I think your skin would benefit from using Rosehip Oil in your night time routine. Its good for any skin type.

Give it a go and your skin doesn’t like it your cuticles will :clapping:

I love rosehip oil and had never heard of it until i joined the forum, i haven’t stopped using it since. I have oily/combo skin that can get inflammed on the cheeks, i find the oil very soothing and moisturising.

To lock in the moisture i liek to layer over the top a night cream or lotion.

That’s what I was worried about - that the rosehip oil and a moisturiser would be too much together.

Should I wait for the oil to absorb first or just put them together?

[QUOTE=Jackie;174410]That’s what I was worried about - that the rosehip oil and a moisturiser would be too much together.

Should I wait for the oil to absorb first or just put them together?[/QUOTE]

I only ever use the rosehip oil at night and this is how i do it

1. Cleanser tone etc
  2. Either leaving skin damp or add a few drops of water to the oilin your hand then massges into face
  3. Apply lip balm or brush teeth, then use your moisturiser. But i don’t always wait.

You can mix a glob of rosehip oil into your moisturiser if you like but generally, like PP, I massage it into a damp face and then apply moisturiser a few minutes later if it needs it (which it sometimes does even though my skin is quite oily).

Trouble is, I’m not sure I even need the rosehip oil! I’m 26 and don’t have any signs of ageing yet (I’m forever being IDed when I go places 'cause people think I’m like 19 lol) so that makes me think that I can get away with not using it but on the other hand, they say that prevention is the best cure…

RHO isn’t one of those things you really “need”, it’s just a lovely all-purpose product. It is anti-ageing because it does help the skin to retain moisture and it contains antioxidants, but if you wanted serious anti-ageing you’d probaly go with something else. I think most people use it for the short-term benefits - it helps to make your skin look and feel soft and glowy, and it also smooths over those rough areas under makeup, but it doesn’t clog pores in your greasier areas.

I’m 25 and I think lots of people use it who are younger than me (Princess Precious is like 23 I think).

I think you should give it a try but the great thing about it is that if your face doesn’t like it, you can mix it into your body lotion or use it as a cuticle oil.

Jackie I’ve been using RHO since I was 17/18!!

I love rose hip oil!
I bought the A’Kin one last week and so far I am really liking the results I am getting from it and my U/C ultra moisture at night, I also put it on in the morning under my Nivea oxygen day cream.
I am finding it is really boosing the moisturising effects of the creams, I am very happy with it! :glee:

Thanks girls - it definitely sounds like it’s worth a try!

One more q - is it just rosehip oil in specific that’s good for the face or are there other healthy oils that I can try?

I adore rosehip oil and have been known to add it to everything (even foundation) when my skin needs a boost.

I am 24 (soon to be 25…) and I have combo/sensitive skin.

I love the glowing effect I get from RHO

[QUOTE=Ozlicious;174423]RHO isn’t one of those things you really “need”, it’s just a lovely all-purpose product. It is anti-ageing because it does help the skin to retain moisture and it contains antioxidants, but if you wanted serious anti-ageing you’d probaly go with something else. I think most people use it for the short-term benefits - it helps to make your skin look and feel soft and glowy, and it also smooths over those rough areas under makeup, but it doesn’t clog pores in your greasier areas.

I’m 25 and I think lots of people use it who are younger than me (Princess Precious is like 23 I think).

I think you should give it a try but the great thing about it is that if your face doesn’t like it, you can mix it into your body lotion or use it as a cuticle oil.[/QUOTE]

Yep i’m 23 and i’ve been using rosehip oil for 2 years now i’d say and i’m only on my 2nd bottle with heaps to go. I think my skin has improved since using RHO. I don’t use it very sproratically, one night i’ll use it, then i won’t use it till i need it.

I seriously love RHO!!!

Make sure that the dilution of rosehip is around 12%. A high concentration of rosehip can actually aggrevate the skin and cause acne.

Rosehip diluted with jojoba oil is great. Jojoba is full of vitamin E and is similar to our natural skin sebum and is great for all skin types.

I’ve started using Rosehip Oil every morning under my makeup and it gives me skin such a smoother look and my makeup looks better.

[QUOTE=Yiie;174746]Make sure that the dilution of rosehip is around 12%. A high concentration of rosehip can actually aggrevate the skin and cause acne.

Rosehip diluted with jojoba oil is great. Jojoba is full of vitamin E and is similar to our natural skin sebum and is great for all skin types.[/QUOTE]

Yiie, Is the Trilogy one OK? The last thing I want is to start breaking out!

Really?? Hmm I’ve been using pure Rosehip Oil for a few months now without any problems and I have oily skin!

I just hate the smell of RHO the next day… makes me wanna vomit

A couple of people have said that but I can’t smell anything. That said, I’ve never used it in the height of summer. In summer, the smell of everything is magnified 200x on me.

after reading this forum i decided to also try out rosehip oil…
i use the Akin one and i absolutely love it!!

i find it leaves my skin so smooth in the morning

thank u forumers! :kissing:

[QUOTE=Ozlicious;174769]Really?? Hmm I’ve been using pure Rosehip Oil for a few months now without any problems and I have oily skin![/QUOTE]

Although it may be “pure”, it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been diluted, just means the blend is natural and contains only rosehip oil. If you have a read of the full ingredients, it may list other oils such as almond or jojoba.

I would expect most commercial brands such as Trilogy to be quite safe and would use the recommended dilution. 100% rosehip oil is also quite expensive.