Sanctum

Sanctum

sanctum skincare, anyone used or using products from the range?

very comprehensive, cheap as chippies too! Maybe what I am looking and I’ll be driving past the pacific highway (outside Byron Bay) warehouse sales store so I might just pop in. Otherwise a few pharmacies and beauty retailers offer products … cheap and natural - better alternatives to REN and SIMPLICITE: although both look very cool. Sanctum will save my budget! …

Sanctum $20 cleanser 150ml, $23 exfoliant 75ml, $25 moisturiser 75ml, travel pack $30 (with essentials). Other products I may consider are the Eye treatment, Gel Mask and a couple of there body products.

the coffee body scrub from that outlet shop is the BOMB
i found sanctum a bit boring , sorry , nothing magical but great if u get it really cheap :clapping:

[QUOTE=fusspot;36934]the coffee body scrub from that outlet shop & it is the BOMB
i found sanctum a bit boring , sorry , nothing magical but great if u get it really cheap :clapping:[/QUOTE]

i also found the hand cream quite drying after a while as well

[QUOTE=fusspot;36934]the coffee body scrub from that outlet shop & it is the BOMB
i found sanctum a bit boring , sorry , nothing magical but great if u get it really cheap :clapping:[/QUOTE]

Cheers fusspot, I appreciate honest comments. I can’t get over how cheap they are I could get the essentials for just under $100 AUD. brilliant. I’m on such a tight a r s e budget as a student that this is just what I was looking for. Considering that I booked this holiday to Aussie (2nd trip in 3 months) months ago well before I had considered going back to university I am so straped for cash that I’ll have a little spare change to get a tube of clinique super city block spf 30, the best sunscreen for my skin and the only one I’ve never reacted too! - this is cheaper in Aussie than NZ. The rest of my spending money will be used for transport, eating out with a few friends a couple of times and maybe a couple of tops - I have a big b’day party to go to in September and I want to look good!

I’m not someone who is looking for miracles when it comes to skincare I want products that will do a good job at cleansing and moisturising. I have relatively great skin so I don’t have major issues. I like a basic routine using products that are free from as many chemicals as possible.

Post over sorry for side tracking. :redcheeks:

when i go up there i always buy up big for gifts

up north there is a great place to find lots of more natural products , even locals chemmists & little supermarkets have good local ranges , the oil garden isn’t too bad either , i LOVE their exfoliant so much .

i’m not sure though if sanctum is sls free ??

[QUOTE=fusspot;36942]when i go up there i always buy up big for gifts

up north there is a great place to find lots of more natural products , even locals chemmists & little supermarkets have good local ranges , the oil garden isn’t too bad either , i LOVE their exfoliant so much .

i’m not sure though if sanctum is sls free ??[/QUOTE]

it is …

see here

http://www.sanctumaustralia.com/story-difference.html

outlines changes.

[QUOTE=Alice;36945]it is …

see here

http://www.sanctumaustralia.com/story-difference.html

outlines changes.[/QUOTE]

cool thanks Alice, try to see if u can find that ‘sukin’ range while u r here , it looks good

hi Alice,

i feel like i’m following you around the skincare forum at the moment :chuckle:

i just checked out their website. i have heard of this brand, but not tried it before - my initial thoughts are that while the products look like they would be lovely to use, they don’t appear to be as high tech or use as active ingredients as the other 2 you have been investigating.

the products also don’t have very long shelf life i assume because of the packaging - ren products last at least 9 months because of the pump packaging they use which doesn’t let air in (and travel very well to!) so i guess if you have to repurchase the sanctum products every 3 - 5 months, the cost would at least even out…

ladyver:waving:

[QUOTE=ladyver;36947]hi Alice,

i feel like i’m following you around the skincare forum at the moment :chuckle:

i just checked out their website. i have heard of this brand, but not tried it before - my initial thoughts are that while the products look like they would be lovely to use, they don’t appear to be as high tech or use as active ingredients as the other 2 you have been investigating.

the products also don’t have very long shelf life i assume because of the packaging - ren products last at least 9 months because of the pump packaging they use which doesn’t let air in (and travel very well to!) so i guess if you have to repurchase the sanctum products every 3 - 5 months, the cost would at least even out…

ladyver:waving:[/QUOTE]

valid points made.

I love the products that sanctum have on offer, great natural cleansing and moisturising products, basic I know but thats I all I look for. I simply can not afford a brand like REN and I can’t access the brand here in New Zealand, unless I order online and charges for international shipping is one thing I can’t do. Simplicite are so much more $$$ in NZ, so that would be saying well why can’t I just continue with my current fave dr hauschka… student, budget, reality! … I have discovered that Sanctum is unavailable in NZ, so I [U]might [/U] just buy the essentials. Give it a whirl.

Otherwise we had considered Kosmea for my Mum, but I think shes jumping on the dr hauschka band wagon at the moment replacing any products she using with Dr Hauschka… her faves are the toned day cream and eye cream. So I might give Kosmea a go, and it is available in a couple of local pharmacies and health shoppes.

Trilogy
Living Nature maybe???
Simplicite too expensive
Dr Hauschka $$$ love it to bits though! when I’m back into full time employment I’ll be back to this brand
REN unavailable in NZ
Sanctum cheapie - sounds so good, just what I amlooking for a change but again unavailable in NZ so it would be a one off.
A’kin hit and miss with products …
Maybe kosmea would be a solid contender all round … not too $$$, available in nz, natural alternative, good sized products, basic not fancy routine required: cleanse, moisturise and exfoliate.

I’ve tried so many brands in the last 5 or 6 years but I wouldn’t dare consider using anything commerical/chemical… if I can absolutely help it coz the only product I do rebuy is clinique super city block the only sunscreen I haven’t reacted to!

ahh, i see… i remember the student budget days when i used cheap and nasty products that did terrible things to my skin :flames:

i read somewhere recently that dannii minogue uses kosmea and she always seems to have lovely glowing skin

[QUOTE=ladyver;37104]ahh, i see… i remember the student budget days when i used cheap and nasty products that did terrible things to my skin :flames:

i read somewhere recently that dannii minogue uses kosmea and she always seems to have lovely glowing skin[/QUOTE]

i felt kosmea was a bit pricey for what it is

Alice i know u r a one brand girl , but would u maybe consider changing it up a bit
i have to do this to afford more pricey things , say a cheapy [natural] toner etc - just a thought :wink: :spin:

[QUOTE=ladyver;37104]i read somewhere recently that dannii minogue uses kosmea and she always seems to have lovely glowing skin[/QUOTE]

That bit of plastic surgery hasnt hurt either!:chuckle:

[QUOTE=fusspot;37113]i felt kosmea was a bit pricey for what it is

Alice i know u r a one brand girl , but would u maybe consider changing it up a bit
i have to do this to afford more pricey things , say a cheapy [natural] toner etc - just a thought :wink: :spin:[/QUOTE]

:redcheeks: yes 1 brand girl.

i bought a few items of kosmea this morning. not bad. see purchases thread. cheers fusspot. :waving:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;37212]That bit of plastic surgery hasnt hurt either!:chuckle:[/QUOTE]

yes, so true - that seems to be the problem with most celebrity recommendations these days :shakehead:

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;37212]That bit of plastic surgery hasnt hurt either!:chuckle:[/QUOTE]

Your kind LB. DM has had many little bits of Plastic Surgery and endorses many products for the sizeable financial rewards.

Sanctum are now sending products to NZ. I can buy some of my favourites from this range, I’ll make an order I think later in the week when I get paid.

Hi Alice,

Every time I read your posts I wonder whether you have tried the Beauty and the Bees range? There are reviews on the forum, and in the Budget Skincare Star Performers thread. These are gorgeous natural products from Tasmania! And not too expensive. http://beebeauty.com/index.html

I am not 100% sure that they ship to NZ but you could drop them a line at their website. It says that they have stores in other countries but I don’t know whether they can ship to additional countries’. I have found their postal service to be excellent – in Australia the products arrive the next day!

Just a thought :slight_smile:

My housemate used to use Sanctum products while she was a student – now that she is working, she has switched to Clarins (her bathroom is like a Clarins store! It is crazy!)

thanks seagreen, beauty and bees is very much like nz’s the herb farm. Im suprised that your housemate would change from such a natural/organic range to clarins which has many for chemicals in them… do you know what sanctum products she used?, I really like sanctum as a low end brand, I have had lots of success with the brand in the past! …

I haven’t heard of this brand before now!
The Soothing Cream Cleanser sounds nice!

[QUOTE=LittleMissV;81834]I haven’t heard of this brand before now!
The Soothing Cream Cleanser sounds nice![/QUOTE]

have a look on the website. very cool products. gentle, effective, organic range. probably not right if you like strong active though…