Sheer Brilliance: The Best 'Barely There' Makeup

Sheer Brilliance: The Best 'Barely There' Makeup
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/sheer-brilliance-the-best-barely-there-makeup/

Do you love Estée Lauder’s Double Wear foundation? I bet you’re looking for something more lightweight over summer, am I right? Well, you don’t have to stray far because now your favourite foundation is available in a more hydrating, lightweight, long-wearing formula - perfect for the warmer months.

I’ve used the original Double Wear myself, but now that I’ve tried the Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup, I don’t know if I’ll be turning back!

What Do I Love About It?

I'm not usually a full coverage wearer, however I do think Estée Lauder's Double Wear is a great 'going out' foundation, and it's ideal for those who prefer heavier coverage.

What’s converted me to the Nude Water Fresh variation, is that it’s more of a medium coverage formula which can be sheered out. That means I can comfortably wear this foundation during the day without feeling like I’ve gone OTT.

• It’s still long-wearing like the original, lasting up to 24 hours

• Contains SPF 25 so it’s ideal for day wear & throughout summer

• It has a lightweight fluid formula that feels super comfortable on the skin

• It has a beautiful semi-matte, hydrating finish

• The formula is oil-free and fragrance-free

• Leaves the skin looking fresh, natural & even-toned

• Available in 24 shades from very fair to medium-deep skin tones

Buy here

Before | After

Application Tip:

The great thing about this foundation formula is that it's easily buildable, so you can customise your coverage from light to medium, depending on the occasion.

For light coverage, I apply the foundation with a blending sponge starting at the centre of my face, blending outwards. This allows you to sheer out the formula for a super natural-looking finish.

For fuller coverage, I apply more product using a foundation brush and then pat the product into my skin with clean fingertips for a beautifully even finish.

The Shades:

If you already use Estée Lauder's Double Wear, simply select the same shade in the Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup. If you haven't used Double Wear before, I recommend using Findation to get your perfect shade match.

Find your shade here

What's Everyone Saying?

★★★★★ Lightweight with great coverage - Rebecca

"I love the way this foundation feels on my skin, its very lightweight but extremely buildable. I can put a light layer on just to even out my skin or if I want a full makeup look this foundation builds really evenly. I found it settled into my skin really nicely and even made my skin look dewy (not oily!) in 40 degree heat! It didn't have the heavy on my skin feeling that I sometimes get with the original Double Wear formulation but still gave my skin the same smooth texture and it didn't get patchy at all. I will definitely repurchase this as a lighter more flexible version of Double Wear foundation."

★★★★★ My new makeup bag staple - medium coverage with staying power - Danii

"LOVE this foundation! As I get older, my foundation preference is for lighter formulations and while I'm a fan of the original Double Wear, I usually retain use of this for night time special occasions only. Enter Double Wear Nude Water Fresh, which is a buildable, silky fluid that provides the perfect amount of coverage. I have combination/oily skin and even a sheer application lasted all Summer's day, withstanding heat and humidity with minimal shine. Will definitely repurchase."

★★★★★ I'm lovin' it! - Ron

"The Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup has a light natural coverage, but is really easy to built up on for a fuller coverage. It was really easy to apply using a sponge and blended into the skin effortlessly. I was SHOCKED when I came home, and looked in my bathroom mirror to see the foundation was in perfect condition (though my mascara was a different story) - considering I work in an air conditioned office, and it's been so hot outside. I would totally recommend this to anyone who doesn't like the original double wear, or is looking for something light weight, that also has a strong staying power."

Shop Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup