Skincare for Sensitive Skin

Skincare for Sensitive Skin
0.0 0

Hi I have really sensitive skin (as professionally “diagnosed” by my dermatologist). What are some ingredients in commercial skincare I should avoid?

Hi @ingridtan I would say the more natural the ingredients the better. I would definitely try and avoid anything with parabens and sls if possible. That said there are probably some natural ingredients that may irritate your skin as well. Has your dermatologist given you any ideas of products that might be good?

I’d definitely stay away from anything that has “Alcohol” & “Fragrances” in them as they will more then lightly really aggravate the skin.

• Synthetic fragrance,scented lotions & creams can react with skin, causing inflammation and weakening the inner layers of skin. Luckily, there isn’t really a need for perfume in skincare, so opt for fragrance-free formulas.

• The number one ingredient i’d suggest weeding out of your routine is “Alcohol”. Many toners and creams have alcohol, which delivers a quick-dry finish, but can also sap your skin’s moisture levels, leading to irritation, itchy & uncomfortable skin (stay clear of wipes & read the ingredients in them before using).

• Bisabolol is good for senstive skin

The plant extract has soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits when applied to skin, and is often found in serums and moisturizers.