Sunscreen gives me blocked pores and pimples, help!

Sunscreen gives me blocked pores and pimples, help!
0.0 0

Hi everyone,

I double cleanse post a day at the beach or being outdoors when I’ve worn sunscreen. I still however notice pimples (white heads) and some blackheads forming especially in summer when I’ve been heavy-handed with the sunscreen. I double cleanse at night using a face washer to make sure it all comes off but am not having much luck.
Any recommendations?

Thank you Rebecca

Hey @Rebeccahambour , have you tried a natural sunscreen? Might be worth trying a zinc based natural sunscreen (don’t worry the zinc is invisible!). Apart from avoiding all the chemical gunk on your skin, zinc is meant to be great for healthy skin.

Hey @Rebeccahambour , have you tried a natural sunscreen? Might be worth trying a zinc based natural sunscreen (don’t worry the zinc is invisible!). Apart from avoiding all the chemical gunk on your skin, zinc is meant to be great for healthy skin.

My skin is not a particular fan of sunblock either but I have found that the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL range tends to make me break out less - and I think this is because it’s a really light fluid but is still 50+ As it’s not super water proof I’d be reapplying hourly if you’re swimming. Also a BHA product might be helpful in the evening as well as it will get down into your pores and really shift any left over sunscreen. I know this might be obvious - but ensure that you put the face cloth into the wash after each sunblock removal and have a clean one for the next cleanse will stop transfer as well.

I’m also a fan of the La Roche products for lightweight coverage though my all time favourite for my face is this product from Cosmedix. I wish it had a higher SPF though!