The $20 Foundation Your Favourite YouTubers Are Raving About

The $20 Foundation Your Favourite YouTubers Are Raving About
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-20-foundation-your-favourite-youtubers-are-raving-about/

Who else is looking for a foundation that really makes your skin look radiant while giving you decent coverage? Look no further - I’ve found a product for under $20 that addresses everything you’re after.

It’s Designer Brands Hydrating Luminous Foundation, and I’m not surprised it’s getting rave reviews from some of our favourite YouTube stars.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 10.24.39 am

Why I'm Loving It:

- It's $19.99 (who wouldn't try this foundation at that price?!)
  • Gives your skin a naturally radiant, hydrated finish

• This foundation has a buildable gel-like formula which blends with ease

• Allows you to achieve medium to full coverage without looking cakey or heavy

• It’s enriched with soothing & hydrating Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera & Green Tea

• Uses light reflecting pigments to illuminate your complexion

Buy here

Who's It For?

I'd say this foundation is suitable for all skin types, in particular normal-dry skin, as the dewy formula will not clog pores or cling to dry areas.

For the oily skin types out there, this one on it’s own might be a little too ‘dewy’ for your liking, but it can certainly be powdered down to avoid excess oiliness throughout the day.

I have relatively normal skin, so this foundation works really well for me. I give the coverage, finish and lasting power five stars. And, if you’re looking for a vegan friendly, cruelty-free option, Designer Brands have got that covered too.

Buy here

shani

Shani Grimmond tried the Hydrating Luminous Foundation:

"I really like how it looks on my skin, especially because of the shade - this is like a beautiful golden goddess vibe that I'm getting from this shade. It made my skin feel so hydrated, and it has a really nice medium to full coverage. I'm very impressed!"

Application Tips:

I always recommend applying your foundation to the centre of your face and blending outwards. You can either use a buffing brush or blending sponge to buff the product into the skin, and simply build up until you've achieved your desired coverage. Designer Brands Rise and Prime Luminescent Primer works a treat underneath this formula if you want a super glowy, radiant finish.

What's Everyone Saying About It?

I asked Vanessa, our resident makeup artist, what her verdict was on Designer Brands Hydrating Luminous Foundation.

“This foundation is Designer Brands best kept secret. This foundation is a liquid formula which would be perfect for someone who is looking for a medium coverage, with either dry or normal skin. It leaves your skin looking flawless, without any adding any additional products. It has a great longevity compared to other hydrating foundations I’ve used. It acts like a second skin and will leave you with a glow all day!”

★★★★★ Love this foundation! - Emma

"This foundation is beautiful. It blends nicely and leaves my skin with a beautiful glow. It wears well and doesn't look cakey. Coverage is medium but buildable. I usually wear a NW25 in MAC and took a guess and bought Nude Beige and it's great, probably even better for my colour. It will be perfect in summer and I blend in well while I'm paler. A great foundation for the price."

★★★★★ Amazing - Jessica

"I've tried so many foundations and I've never been 100% happy till I tried this! I get so many comments on how good my skin is looking and what am I using! This is by far the best foundation I have come across and the price is just amazing!"

★★★★★ Glowy goodness - Madeleine

"So impressed with this foundation for the price! I have normal to oily skin but I didn’t let that scare me off from a dewy finish foundation, I do set it down with pressed powder but it doesn’t lose its glow. Medium buildable coverage and lasts on my skins for ten hours with some breaking down around my t-zone area, but doesn’t bother me much for the price. Lovely fresh scent and blends easily. So worth it to try!"

Buy Designer Brands Hydrating Luminous Foundation here