The best foundations for darker skin

foundation
undertones
perfectmatch
makeup
darkskin
The best foundations for darker skin
5.0 1

It’s always a struggle finding a good foundation with the right undertone when shopping for darker skin. Below are a few of my favourite brands that have a decent range of shades, which I use personally. (I have a yellow undertone and combination/oily skin):

1. Bobbi Brown (my absolute favourite is the Skin Foundation SPF15 in shade: Golden)
  2. BECCA
  3. Estee Lauder

What are your favourites? I’d love to know!

I’m on the darker end of olive in complexion (I look paler in my profile pic than I really am!) and I’m loving the Becca Aqua Luminous range! So nice and light (in weight) with a bit of a glow.

NARS is my holy grail because of its yellow based shades
Sheer Glow - Barcelona
Radiant Tinted Moisturiser - St Moritz

Oooh I love NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in Tahoe :slight_smile: and NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Malaga. Bobbi Brown and NARS are both genius at yellow-based foundations for darker skin.

@Shanthi have you ever tried any of the Stila foundations?

Hi @tinamiller, I haven’t yet! Would you recommend them? I’ve always heard good things about Stila. What shade/s do you wear?

Sorry no help to you there @Shanthi as I’m your typical celtic fair skinned lassie. I have a couple of friens who are Indian who I recommended Stila too and they both love it and they have a great range of colours for lots of skin tones.