The Best Foundations For When You Struggle With Shades

The Best Foundations For When You Struggle With Shades
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-best-foundations-for-when-you-struggle-with-shades/

The foundation shade ranges available in the Australian beauty market are sometimes questionable. As a multicultural society, we should be catering to all skin tones, right?

Often light to medium shades are in abundance, but what about those of us with super fair skin, or very deep skin tones? There aren’t always options to choose from, or even if there is, the undertones are all wrong.

We want to ensure everyone has a shade choice, so I’ve picked out three different foundations that offer an extensive shade range, so hopefully we can find the right one for you!

I'm Looking For Full Coverage:

Say hello to BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème Foundation

This BECCA foundation has some excellent shade options for deeper skin tones - there are some lighter shades like Porcelain which are suitable for fair skin as well. This lightweight foundation formula manages give the skin a flawless, high-coverage finish while feeling comfortable.

- It gives a second-skin effect with a surprisingly weightless, breathable cream texture

- It blends in seamlessly to help neutralise uneven skin tones & blur imperfections

- This foundation is both hydrating and long-wearing

- The formula is non-comedogenic & oil-free

★★★★★ One of the best foundations I've used!! - Megs

"This is hands down one of the best foundations I have used! It's perfect for special events or everyday use. It seriously lasts all day used with a primer and a setting power. I'm 28 with combination skin and I feel this foundation suits my skin. It doesn't cake and feels very light on my skin. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and the coverage is great. Love love love!!"

Buy here

I'm Looking For Medium Coverage:

Get your hands on Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation SPF15

This iconic formula has just been released in 40 shades, so you're bound to find your match with this one. Vogue just did an awesome campaign featuring all the shades, which you can see here. This velvety, buildable formula allows you to customise your coverage day-to-day.
  • Comfortable to wear all day, without caking or heaviness

• Shine free & transfer-resistant with 24 hour staying power (without touch-ups)

• Available in 40 very fair-very deep shades to suit a wide range of skin tones

• Gives the skin a beautiful natural-looking flawless finish

★★★★★ My everyday foundation - Tamara

"I absolutely love this foundation, it’s so beautiful on the skin and you can build up coverage. I usually apply it with a damp beauty blender and work it into my skin. All foundations will make you look like you have foundation on (unless you don’t wear any), but this make up even though it’s full coverage, it’s so beautiful on the skin. I swap between this and Double Wear from Estée Lauder - since I have them in different colours I actually mix them together sometimes to build my custom colour and it looks amazing. It will last all day without looking cakey or separating!"

Buy here

I'm Looking For An All-In-One:

3INA The 3-in-1 Foundation is your match

3INA The 3-in-1 Foundation combines your primer, concealer and foundation all in one. It claims to be medium to high coverage, but because it's so buildable, it can be easily sheered out for lighter coverage. I also like to mix this one with an illuminating liquid, as it adds more radiance and makes the formula even easier to blend.
  • Gives the skin a natural-looking satin finish

• Contains SPF 15 sun protection

• Enriched with antioxidising Vitamin C & hydrating fruit extracts

• Has a long-lasting blendable texture

★★★★★ Best foundation EVER! - Key001

"This is the BEST foundation I have ever used. Dead set the BEST. Perfect match for my skin tone, full coverage and feels amazing on my skin. Not only that, it is vegan and cruelty free! Also so very affordable! I would highly recommend to everyone and anyone!"

Buy here

A post shared by 3INA Makeup (@3ina) on May 30, 2017 at 2:29am PDT

Choosing Your Shade:

Giving you a foundation formula to choose from is the easy part; trying to decide which shade you are is a different story. Luckily you can jump on Findation, or use the 'Find Your Shade' function on selected product pages to enter other shades you've used before. Findation compares thousands of other foundations to generate a match just for you!

Jump on Findation here

Shop Foundation here