The Best Midday Mists For Keeping Your Makeup Fresh

The Best Midday Mists For Keeping Your Makeup Fresh
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-best-midday-mists-for-keeping-your-makeup-fresh/

I’ve got a face mist on my desk and in my handbag at all times. Why? Well, in summer, I use my face mist to cool and soothe my skin, and in winter, I use it to restore and maintain hydration. But that’s not all a face mist does…

Why Use A Face Mist?

In my books, face mists are a must in any skin care routine. They also make a handy addition to a makeup kit, for dampening brushes and blending sponges, to adding a dewy finish to the skin.

Face mists often contain hydrating and soothing ingredients, which can calm sensitive skin, and refresh your face throughout the day - not to mention setting makeup in place.

To Lock In Moisture:

I recommend: Alpha-H Moisture Boosting Facial Mist

You know when your skin is feeling really dry, tight and uncomfortable? This mist solves that feeling for me. Our skin goes through seasonal changes which can lead to it being unbalanced. Spritzing Alpha-H's Moisture Booster on throughout the day can help!
  • Designed for overworked delicate skin types

• Contains herbal extracts to soothe & repair the skin

• Contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties for healing

• Features a natural humectant that draws & holds moisture in the skin

★★★★★ A great mist that leaves skin soft & glowy - Laura Louise

"I adore this mist and it's a staple in my routine! I use it as a toner, mostly at nighttime straight after getting out of the shower. I find that giving it a couple of minutes to sink in before my night serums & moisturizers really lets it soften and calm my skin. During the day if I can't be bothered with makeup, I'll also spritz this on just before going out, to get that hydrated glowy look."

Buy here

A post shared by Alpha-H Concentrated Skincare (@alphahskincare) on Oct 19, 2017 at 1:33am PDT

To Set & Protect:

I recommend: Jane Iredale Pommist Hydration Spritz

Set your makeup in place while protecting your skin with Jane Iredale’s Pommist. It contains pomegranate extract, a powerful antioxidant and UV protector, and acts as a setting spray and refreshing mist.

• Use to set mineral powders & liquid foundation

• Ideal for dampening brushes & blending sponges

• Deeply hydrating lightweight formula

• Can be used to refresh the appearance of makeup throughout the day

★★★★★ Excellent - Jo

“Love this product, use it over Jane Iredale pressed powder, a few spritzes and it sets and softens the powder, giving a more dewy, natural look. Love the moisturising benefits too.”

Buy here

A post shared by jane iredale Australia (@janeiredale_australia) on Oct 16, 2017 at 2:54am PDT

To Calm & Destress:

I recommend: Dermalogica UltraCalming Mist

Love this mist for when my skin is feeling sensitive. I take this on flights with me, as my skin gets hot and uncomfortable when flying. It's a soothing, hydrating mist designed to calm redness and sensitivity.
  • Can be use post-cleanse to lock in hydration & prime skin for treatment products

• The lightweight mist helps create a shield against environmental aggressors

• Helps calm the skin while correcting moisture levels

• Quickly relieves inflammation and discomfort

★★★★★ Can't Live Without It - Bonny

"I first used this product about 2 years ago when on the hunt for a great hydrator. This is my number 1! Oh my! It really does give my dry, sensitive, tight skin the instant boost of hydration it needs. Whenever I use it, I feel like my skin actually sighs with pleasure and relief at the feel of this. I absolutely love it and recommend this product."

Buy here

A post shared by Dermalogica Australia (@dermalogicaaus) on Oct 4, 2016 at 5:21pm PDT

Shop Mists Here