The Best SPF Protection for Sensitive Skin

The Best SPF Protection for Sensitive Skin
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/french-pharmacy-spf-protection-for-sensitive-skin/

If there’s anyone who really knows sensitive skin, it’s the French. Have you wandered around the Parisian streets and noticed a pharmacy in every second block? They’re stocked full of brands like Avène, La Roche-Posay and Bioderma - all of which are designed to cater to sensitive skin.

With summer now fast approaching in Australia, I’d like to make sure you’re all using a broad spectrum SPF sunscreen. I know, I know - every facial sunscreen you’ve tried smells, or makes you break out, or is too greasy. Not anymore. These formulas will change your opinion, I promise.

A post shared by Eau Thermale Avène Australia (@avene_au) on Oct 24, 2017 at 2:06am PDT

For Gentle UV Protection:

Avène Sunscreen Emulsion Face SPF50+

This facial sunscreen formula by Avène offers very high, effective UVA/UVB protection for normal-combination sensitive skin. It’s specifically suitable for skin types that are hypersensitive to sun exposure and burn very easily.

• Has an ultra-fluid, silky & non-oily texture which gives the skin a satiny, matte finish

• Contains Thermal Spring Water which has natural soothing, anti-irritating properties

• Provides long-lasting stable UV protection & it’s water-resistant

• May assist in preventing some skin cancers & curb premature skin ageing

★★★★★ I use it with make up - Emma

“I actually have quite dry skin so was hesitant to get this one but ended up going for it to use as well as a moisturiser and it’s worked really well. I’m really fair so the extra sun protection is needed on a day to day basis. Would definitely recommend.”

Buy here

For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin:

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light SPF50+

Ideal for oily and acne-prone skin types, this lightweight, non-greasy formulation offers the highest protection against the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.

• Prevents premature skin ageing and long-term skin cell damage

• Specially designed for sensitive skin prone to sun intolerance

• It’s a non-greasy & non-sticky fluid which gives the skin an invisible finish

• This non-comedogenic, fragrance-free sunscreen instantly absorbs into the skin

★★★★★ Fantastic product - Jess

“I use this as it is the best UV protection available. It goes on nicely and doesn’t have a ‘ghosting’ effect. Doesn’t make me break out. Good under makeup or alone. Definitely will repurchase.”

Buy here

A post shared by La Roche-Posay Australia & NZ (@larocheposayaunz) on Sep 22, 2017 at 4:00pm PDT

For A Little Bit Of Coverage:

Bioderma Photoderm SPF50+ Tinted BB Cream

The Photoderm BB Cream evens out the complexion, hydrates and protects against UV rays in one easy step. It's suitable for all skin types (even sensitive), and gives you that little bit of coverage when you don't want to wear makeup.
  • Smoothly melts into the skin to cover redness & uneven skin tone

• It has a dry touch texture, leaving the skin moisturised & comfortable

• It has a non-greasy mattifying finish & is available is 2 shades

• Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic formula

• Offers very high protection against UVA & UVB rays

“Spring has sprung here in Australia and as someone who doesn’t need a full face a makeup every day, a tinted BB is the way I roll. With SPF 50+, Bioderma has me covered! I have dry skin and don’t need to powder at all.” - The Beauty Bloss

Buy here

A post shared by Bioderma Australia (@biodermaaustralia) on Oct 3, 2017 at 6:07pm PDT

Shop Moisturisers with SPF here