The Budget-Friendly Lipstick I Keep Getting Compliments On

The Budget-Friendly Lipstick I Keep Getting Compliments On
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-lipstick-i-keep-getting-compliments-on/

I wouldn’t say I’m a regular lipstick wearer, but I do enjoy dabbling in lipstick when I’m going all out with my makeup. And while I usually stick with my favourite nude, I do occasionally experiment with pinks, reds and oranges.

Playing around with colour is what lead me to one of my new favourites - Shanghai Suzy Whipped Matte Lipstick in Miss Sally Watermelon.

What I Love About It:

- Miss Sally Watermelon is a bold & bright watermelon pink
  • The undertones of this shade suit fair, medium & deep skin tones

• Comes in a comfortable to wear whipped matte formula

• It has a lightweight, mousse-like texture

• Long-lasting wear, even through eating & drinking

• It’s vegan, cruelty-free & 100% Australian made & owned

• The scent reminds me of strawberry-flavoured lollies

Buy it here

The Shade:

This shade is super versatile and works well with most skin tones due to it's vibrancy and deep pink undertone. I actually love that it looks so different on varying skin tones, as you can see below.

In my opinion, it’s the perfect summer shade. The shade name describes this colour perfectly - watermelon. If you’ve been looking for a rich coral pink with almost an orangey payoff, this one is for you.

Pro Tip: Simply pair up this lip colour with with bronzed, dewy skin, feathery brows and beachy waves, and your go-to look is sorted for the summer.

The Formula:

The whipped matte formula of this lipstick has a lightweight, mousse-like texture that glides onto the lips. It's enriched with shea butter extract and jojoba seed oil, so although it's matte, it's actually quite nourishing on the lips and comfortable to wear all day.  

Application Tip:

Apply one or two base coats directly from the bullet of the lipstick, then finish with a final coating applied with a lip brush for precise edges. I usually line my lips with a pink/nude liner underneath, as I find this helps prolong the wear of this formula.  

Buy Shanghai Suzy Miss Sally Watermelon here