The fight back

haircare
skincare
The fight back

Looking back to when I was in high school and thinking, wow my skin was amazing and my hair had its day but not like how it is now. How do we go back to that stage? have I done something that has change everything about my body? Currently I wash my hair everyday, change my shampoo and conditioner and wasting money on products that are doing the opposite to the description and recommendations from professionals. My face is oily, dry and when I think the breakouts are stopping, bammm it is back!! I will be so grateful to those that have experienced these problems in making a recommendation to me. I think as I am getting older my skin is becoming more sensitive.

I am yet to conquer the beautiful hair debacle. So Id be keen to see what people say about that! Probably the age old, stop colouring, blow drying and straightening. And thats no fun!

But in terms of face. Here is my story which I posted on a recent nightly routine chat…

So I am one of those people that gave up on never having acne. Since I was 12, my mum had me try everything under the sun. Including medications, detoxes, medicated lotions. EVERYTHING!
In my late 20’s now, I had heard about Alhpa-H and saw that Adore beauty stocked it with free delivery! So I took a last ditched effort to improve my skin.
People say I am now unrecognizable. They cant believe I walk around without makeup now.
My routine (after watching owner of AlphaH explain routine that suits my skin type on TVSN)…

Night:
AlphaH triple action cleanser. Removes all my makeup in 1 go!
AlphaH Liquid Gold
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Alternate Night;
AlphaH triple action cleanser.
Alpha-H Instant Facial
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum
Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Morning:
Alpha-H Instant Facial
Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
Makeup

One per week before nightly routine:
Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing + Perfecting Mask (20min)
Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba Oil was Purifying Clay Mask (20min)

It works for me. Started with basics, wash. liquid gold and moisturizer. Worked my way up to full product range. TVSN was great way to get info on right products for me. Then bought on Adore Beauty for better price and free postage, as well as promos and my fav timtam!
Glycolic Acid, main ingredient in Liquid gold is said to reverse time! The more you use it, the younger and healthier your skin becomes. It def works that way for me!

Oh to be young again @sarahbrown!

I look back on photos from 10 years ago and love the look of my hair and skin. But you know what? At the time I remember thinking it was bad and wishing it was the same as when I was a teenager!

I think a big part of maturing as a woman is embracing your beauty as it changes. Turning 30 six years ago was a bit scary… I was worried about being in my 30s. However, by the time I was 32 I realised they were actually my best years yet and while my skin and hair was changing, the way I felt about myself was better. I had greater wisdom, I knew myself on a deeper level. I now care less about what others think of me and focus my energy on making myself happy while surrounding myself with the best people possible.

Sure, there’s lots you can do product wise to help your hair and skin as you age. Knowing that you need to change the routine a bit as you age is important, and being proactive with seeking advice on forums like this or having a professional facial is a good idea. But most importantly, be kind to yourself and embrace your evolving body as it ages. Yes serums, AHAs and treatments and masks are all wonderful and I whole heartedly embrace them, but self love is the most powerful ingredient I’ve come across.

xx

@sarahbrown I hear ya! I’ve had a lot of products that have turned out to be a waste of money. That’s why I now make sure I read customer reviews and go of word of mouth recommendations. This forum has been really great for that. I’ve transformed my routine with some amazing products like Hylamide’s Hyaluronic Acid, the Pixi Glow Peel Pads and now trying some new stuff from The Ordinary.

@annettebisinella also seems to be on the oney with the Alpha-H situation! I’m definitely keen to give them a try. Annette, if you were to start with 1 Alpha-H product what would you recommend? I’m thinking of getting the Rose Gold.

For sensitive skin, I would say Rose Gold is the way to go!
If you dont have sensitive skin, Liquid Gold is the best.

@sarahbrown - Can you post a list of the skincare items you currently use?

I’m finding as I get older, simple is best when it comes to my skincare routine.

One of my favourite moisturisers is Sukin Super Greens Nutrient Rich Facial Moisturiser. Adore Beauty sell it and it’s also available at your local supermarket & Priceline.

I also adore Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub 14% - best scrub ever! :heart:

Yes I love this too @linhhong! So good