The Final Word: Solutions For Thinning Hair

The Final Word: Solutions For Thinning Hair
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-final-word-solutions-for-thinning-hair/

Thinning hair doesn’t discriminate. Regardless of age and gender, feeling your luscious locks become thinner by the day is difficult for anyone, but it doesn’t mean you just have to put up with it. Adjusting your haircare routine to target this concern is the first step towards encouraging hair growth.

I would also recommend trying to get to the bottom of why you’re experiencing hair loss. There are conditions like male pattern baldness which often don’t benefit from topical products.

In the meantime, our nearest and dearest men have been trialling a whole range of solutions for thinning hair and have reported back to me with their results. Let’s take a look at what they loved.

Shampoos For Thinning Hair:

The last thing you want to be using is a harsh shampoo on your fragile locks. Our men have been testing shampoos which give the hair a gentle cleanse whilst building thickness, and these two have become firm favourites:

Kérastase Densifique Bain Dènsite Homme Shampoo

- Contains biotin to naturally thicken hair and encourage hair growth

- Uses a blend of texturising polymers to improve hair density

- Cleanses hair and scalp for a lighter and refreshed feel

★★★★★ Densifique – C’est magnifique! - Manny (aged 32)

I’m really blown away by this product. It absolutely delivered on its promises for me. After just the first use my wife noticed a difference and had to ask, “What have you done to your hair?” not knowing that I had just switched to this shampoo. My hair was thin and lifeless, but this shampoo has made it feel and look so much healthier and denser. The shampoo also smells great; It’s a well-balanced manly scent that doesn’t make you feel as though you’re bathing in ‘woodsy’ cologne. I don’t understand how this product does its magic, but I'm thrilled it lives up to its claims. I recommend this highly for men who want to bring their hair back a few steps closer to its former glory. “

★★★★ Showing promise! - Edward (aged 63)

"Just started using this shampoo and I have very sensitive skin and thought it was good. I am an older gent with thinning hair and it seems to have made the look of my existing hair denser. I need to keep using it for a month or two before I can give it 5 stars but it is well on the way!"

Buy here

Aveda Invati Men Nourishing Exfoliating Shampoo

- Uses salicylic acid to unclog pores of excess oil & product build-up

- Includes a potent blend of plant actives to invigorate the scalp

- Contains 98% naturally derived ingredients

★★★★★ Great for thinning hair - Jaden (aged 24)

“Recently I have found my hair has been looking quite limp, this shampoo has not only made it look fuller but so much healthier. It works into a nice creamy consistency - not so much a soapy lather, which I found different. I still found it left the hair and scalp feeling super clean and fresh. It also smells really herbal/lemony which I personally love.”

Buy here

Treatments for Thinning Hair:

You may think a good hair care routine doesn’t go much further than an effective shampoo, conditioner and maybe a styling aid, but actually using an additional treatment is a great way to tackle specific hair concerns, including thinning hair. Treatments mostly contain high concentrations of potent ingredients, so if you’re after quick results, it’s not a step worth missing out on.

Aveda Invati Men Scalp Revitalizer

- Formulated with ingredients to instantly thicken hair at the roots
  • 4 out of 5 men say it made their hair feel stronger & look thicker

- Also contains plant actives which invigorate the scalp when massaged in

★★★★★ Impressed - Jaden (aged 24)

“I tried this product in conjunction with with the Invati Exfoliating Shampoo (the first step in this two-step process). This product gives a cooling sensation when applied, leaving the scalp feeling refreshed. I generally have a really dry scaly scalp and have found with the use of this, it has reduced significantly! I was also quite pleased with how it left no shiny or oily residue - helping my roots to appear as thick as possible.”

Buy here

A Quick Fix for Thinning Hair:

If an instant result is what you're after, I’ve got one last suggestion up my sleeve and that’s the groundbreaking innovation from Viviscal, which disguises thinning hair in the blink of an eye.

Viviscal Male Conceal & Densify Fibres

- A unique applicator delivers a controlled amount of fibres

- The fibres attach to the hair follicle for volumised hair

- Weather resistant for all day use & easily washes out with shampoo

★★★★★ Wow - Steven (aged 35)

I wouldn’t say my hair is thinning, I’d say it was running away from my forehead! Over the past 10 years, I’ve noticed my hairline take the form of a very distinct ‘V’. Not keen on this look, I decided to try out the Viviscal hair fibres because my girlfriend asked me to, (she’s not as discreet as she likes to think). I have to say though, these hair fibres work like magic. Not sure what the science is, but they’re a quick fix for anyone with patchiness through their scalp. I can honestly say, shaking the fibres into my hair is the best instant coverup I’ve found so far."

Buy here

SHOP ALL MEN'S HAIRCARE