The Ultimate Lip Treatments For When You've Tried Everything

The Ultimate Lip Treatments For When You've Tried Everything
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-ultimate-lip-treatments-for-when-youve-tried-everything/

Chronic dry lips are the worst. Don’t make me tell you about the time I had cracked, peeling lips for 6 months straight 'cause that’s a long story - but I am going to tell you how I managed to solve the problem.

Before you start using every balm on the market, try to identify why you’re getting dry lips. Are you drinking enough water? Do you sit under an air conditioner at work? Have you been sunburnt or windburnt?

Your lips could also be sensitive to ingredients in your chosen lip balm, so I’ve picked out three products that worked miracles for me (and might for you, too).

Your Celeb-Approved Option: Smith's Rosebud Salve

"I love the Rosebud Salve in the blue can. I wear it with my lipstick. I did this trick last summer, when I was on vacation: I used it to prime my lashes before curling. It was like a natural mascara. It made the lashes hold the curl and look shiny. I use it for everything!" - Beyoncé
  • Formulated in 1892 & packaged in a cute vintage tin

• It has a very slight rosy tint to it

• Calms, soothes and heals irritation

• Beautifully fragranced with a lovely floral scent

• Dab it on chapped lips, elbows or knees to condition & relieve dryness

★★★★★ I use this for EVERYTHING - Jacinta

"This stuff is seriously amazing!! It works so well for dry lips, and it sounds crazy but my nose gets really dry and sore from constantly using tissues because of hayfever. I put this stuff around my nostrils and it literally solves all my problems. Also using this is a brow gel is amazing as it has a slight tint to it. Definitely recommend 10/10."

Buy it here

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Jul 28, 2016 at 4:42pm PDT

Your Natural Option: Lanolips 101 Ointment

I sing the praises of Lanolips to anyone I encounter complaining of dry lips. It was the first balm that actually worked on my chronically chapped lips, and I've never looked back.
  • Made from 100% medical-grade lanolin (derived from sheep’s wool)

- Provides extreme hydration for very dry lips, skin patches, cuticles & more

- It's a super dense balm that penetrates & seals in moisture

- Holds 200% of its weight in moisture

- Lanolips is a cruelty-free brand

★★★★★ Only lip balm I will buy again - Annabel

"I constantly struggle with super dry cracked lips and this is the only product that I have found to work for me and give me instant relief. My lips feel immediately hydrated and are smooth the next day when I wake up. I have about 4 of these lying around (one in car, handbag, room, desk) so I never go without. Every friend that I've recommended it to feels the same! This product is my holy grail for lips."

Buy it here

Your Sensitive Option: La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres

I couldn't go past a French pharmacy solution - La Roche-Posay are the sensitive skin experts, so I always trust the Cicaplast balm to do its job.
  • This repairing barrier balm soothes, protects & rebuilds the skin’s barrier

• Ideal for healing chapped, cracked, peeling & irritated lips

• Provides immediate relief from irritation

• Contains 5% Panthenol (Vitamin B5) which is easily absorbed by the skin

• Panthenol allows the skin to retain moisture & helps to soothe dry skin

★★★★★ Amazing! - Amanda

"This stuff is honestly fantastic! I just wanted something to apply every day to keep my lips soft and prevent them from chapping (I work in a store with open fridges and my lips always dry out). This really did the job, my lips feel so soft and I can even apply lipstick over the top and it still looks and feels really nice. Will definitely buy again."

Buy it here

Shop Lip Care Here