This Foundation Has A Big Tick Of Approval From Kim K's Makeup Artist

This Foundation Has A Big Tick Of Approval From Kim K's Makeup Artist

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/this-foundation-has-a-big-tick-of-approval-from-kim-ks-makeup-artist/

It’s no secret that Laura Mercier is my favourite makeup brand, so when they launched their new Flawless Fusion Foundation, I was one of the first to jump at the chance to try it. Even if this formula doesn’t sound like what I’d normally go for in a foundation, I was still willing to give it a go.

Full coverage and matte finish are usually phrases I outwardly avoid when I’m shopping around for a new foundation, but I was won over by the promises of flawlessness and weighlessness. I mean, who wouldn’t be? Oh, and I saw Kim K’s makeup artist using it, so I figured it must be good.

A post shared by Laura Mercier Cosmetics (@lauramercier) on Nov 21, 2017 at 6:39pm PST

What You Need To Know:

- It has a 15-hour long-wearing medium to full coverage formula
  • This foundation is resistant to sweat, humidity, water & transferring

• The formula stays colour-true all day & won’t oxidise

• Flawless Fusion is super lightweight & comfortable on the skin

• The matte finish is never flat, dull or cakey like some other matte foundations

• It contains silky fine powders to help control oil breakthrough

Buy here

A post shared by Laura Mercier Cosmetics (@lauramercier) on Aug 4, 2017 at 12:52pm PDT

Who's It For?

This versatile formula is actually suitable for all skin types, especially normal to oily as it's oil-free and non-comedogenic. Unfortunately only the light to medium shades are currently available to us in the Australian market, so there are 18 shades to choose from, but sadly no options for deeper skin tones at this stage.

Pro Tip: For sheerer coverage, apply this foundation using a damp blending sponge, avoiding concentrating too much product in the centre of the face. If you want fuller coverage, opt for a foundation brush. I also recommend setting this foundation with Laura Mercier’s Loose Setting Powder to increase oil control and longevity.

A post shared by Laura Mercier Cosmetics (@lauramercier) on Jul 13, 2017 at 1:12pm PDT

What's Everyone Saying?

★★★★★ Hit it out of the park for me - Talia

"It is so lightweight and the pump applicator makes it super easy to apply to the face. I have dark spots and some discoloration. Surprisingly, I didn’t have to use a lot of product to cover my face. I have rarely seen a medium/full coverage formula that feels light as a feather. My problem areas were covered before I even had a chance to grab my concealer!"

★★★★★ Flawless - Monique

"It has a flawless finish & I didn’t even need to set it with powder! When they said matte they weren’t joking! I really like the texture as well, really feels like skin & far from caked on! This shade was slightly light for me but nothing bronzer couldn’t fix to warm me up! I applied this using my Real Techniques sponge and it blended perfectly!"

★★★★★ My go-to - Priya

"This foundation is beautiful, it's lightweight, lasts all day and is matte which is great because in recent years my face has become more and more oily (hence why I can't use NARS Sheer Glow anymore) but this is beautiful. You do have to work with it quickly because it dries down fast but that doesn't bother me, the courage is flawless and its not cakey, it sits on my skin well and the colour is perfect. So pleased I tried this and now it's my go to foundation everyday!"

★★★★★ Fabulous - Nikki

"This is a fabulous foundation for me. The colour was almost identical to my skin and the wear was impeccable. It lasted for about 12 hours of my work day. I was still so impressed at the end of the day as I was at the start. In fact, I feel that I looked better the longer the foundation was on."

Buy Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation Here