This Is How You Really Get Rid Of Blackheads

This Is How You Really Get Rid Of Blackheads
0.0 0

Originally published at:

Blackheads have to be the most stubborn skin concern to try and get rid of. You think you’ve tackled them, then they pop up again and again. If you’re guilty of trying every “pore refining” product on the market, you really need to continue reading.

What Are Blackheads?

Just a heads up, this description is a little gross - unless you're a fan of Dr Pimple Popper like me, then this will be highly satisfying. Blackheads form thanks to a mixture of oil, bacteria and dead skin cells building up in the pores.

Once this waxy plug of skin-clogging stuff reaches the skin’s surface, it oxidises causing the substance inside your pores to turn black.

Now, how do we get rid of them for good? No, The answer is not pore strips.

Use Salicylic Acid

I recommend: The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

- Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid (or BHA)
  • Exfoliates the skin & encourages cell turnover to prevent debris build up

• This Salicylic Acid 2% Solution helps to clear out the inside walls of pores

• It fights the appearance of blemishes to enhance skin clarity & texture

★★★★★ Miracle product - Molly

"I bought this product after a recommendation from the Adore Beauty team. I was looking for a product to help my awful acne scarring from dealing with hormonal and cystic acne, but not aggravate my already dry and sore skin. My scarring was very deep, red and quite noticeable. When I began using this product I still had some acne and my scars were much deeper. This salicylic acid solution has helped my skin immensely. It doesn’t dry my skin out, but has helped to treat my acne. Literally a miracle product, cannot recommend it enough."

Buy here

Use Vitamin A

I recommend: Medik8 Retinol 3 TR

- Vitamin A is known as Retinol, Retinoid, Retinyl Palmitate (the list goes on)
  • It’s a super effective anti-ageing & anti-acne ingredient

• Vitamin A regulates the skin’s natural cell turnover process

• This leads to less congestion caused by dead skin cell build up (bye bye blackheads)

★★★★★ The only retinol you should ever use! - Melinda

"This amazing product glides on so smooth, no sticky residue! I love the way it makes your face look and feel in the morning when you use this in your night skincare routine, I don't think I could ever go without it! It has helped to tighten my skin and clear stubborn blemishes in such a short period."

Buy here

Use An Enzyme Exfoliant

I recommend: Intraceuticals Rejuvenate Enzyme Exfoliant

- This high performance exfoliator polishes the skin
  • Gentle Carnauba & Wax beads help lift & manually sweep away dead skin & debris

• Fruit enzymes soften & help smooth the skin surface

• Lactic acid promotes cell renewal while salicylic acid helps refine visible pores

★★★★★ Great for congested skin - Rhi

"I found this after spending a lot of time looking for a new exfoliator that had no microbeads. My skin was having a bad breakout when I started and this has made a dramatic difference to my oily and congested skin in the last few weeks. Yes it's expensive but it's a decent size and will last for ages when your only using it a couple of times a week. Overall a big thumbs up."

Buy here

Pro Tip: Don't go crazy all at once. If you've never used active products like these before, your skin will have a meltdown if you slather all of them on at the same time.

Start off by gradually introducing each product into your skincare routine (around twice a week to begin with), and make sure you’ve got a hydrating moisturiser or serum to prevent dryness. Allow at least a few weeks for your congestion to start clearing up - and if it persists, I recommend consulting your GP or dermatologist.

I also recommend using a cleansing device to ensure you’re thoroughly cleansing your skin each night. I use my FOREO Luna 2 to advance my cleansing routine, especially after I’ve been wearing heavy makeup, or my skin feels rough or textured.

Shop Blackhead Treatments Here