This Is The Foundation Primer Our Beauty Editor Uses

This Is The Foundation Primer Our Beauty Editor Uses
0.0 0

Originally published at:

Before working in beauty, I really didn’t appreciate the purpose behind primers, and I bet some of you still feel that way. At the time, I thought priming was just an unnecessary additional step in my already lengthy makeup routine. But I was seriously wrong.

Using a primer to prep my skin is arguably the most important step in my makeup routine - without it, my foundation just doesn’t look as good. My primer stops my foundation from separating and oxidising, allows it to last all day (and night), and gives me a smooth canvas to apply everything else on top. So which primer do I use?

What You Should Know About

Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer:

- It has a gentle moisturising formula
  • It’s a pre-makeup base that ensures perfectly smooth, undetectable application

• The gel-like lotion glides on, giving the skin a soft-focus radiant effect

• Enriched with Chamomile, Yarrow extract & Vitamin E to deliver instant hydration

• It absorbs quickly, leaving minimal residue on the skin, prepping it for foundation

• It improves skin texture to prevent foundation caking in textural areas of the skin

• It has light-reflecting properties so it really does give your skin a glow

• It feels light on the skin and doesn’t cause congestion

• Can be worn alone for naturally healthy-looking skin

• A little bit goes a long way so the 50ml tube lasts me ages!

Buy it here

How To Use:

I always moisturise prior to applying my primer - I consider my primer to be makeup, so I complete my skincare prep before I prime. I can assure you, prepping your skin properly will always guarantee the best makeup application possible.

After applying your skincare, use clean fingertips, a foundation brush or a sponge to apply your primer all over the skin. Focus your application in areas where your makeup often wears off, for me that’s around my nose and the middle of my cheeks.

Allow your primer to absorb for a moment (luckily this one sinks in quickly), before going in with your foundation.

Pro Tip: I often wear this primer alone without makeup, as it gives my skin a beautiful soft-focus effect, and smooths out the texture. If you’re a mineral powder wearer, you can also dust your powder over the top while the primer is drying for light, natural-looking coverage.

Buy it here

What's Everyone Saying?

★★★★★ Keep coming back - Shaheeda

I love this primer. You can use it sparingly but still get the results, it has a lovely scent and is very moisturising. Despite using many primers it is still my absolute favourite. It has worked with every foundation I've ever tried with it and is always my first step for a flawless base. It is on the pricier side but I am onto my 4th tube and still loving it!

★★★★★ Best Primer - Kaylah

This is honestly my favourite make up product, the smell and actual texture of this product is so beautiful and very luxurious. Its so smooth on the face and allows for an even application of foundation, I am prone to breaking out and have an oily t-zone how ever this product prevents me from breaking out as it creates a barrier from the make up and skin (what primers are supposed to do) it also makes my make up stay on all day even with my oily t-zone, it is quite dewy but that's the finish I love!

★★★★★ Always come back to this product! - Stephanie

Whilst the gold packaging is really sweet (I'm a huge fan of bling), the actual product inside is everything its hyped up to be. I borrowed a friends once and immediately went to buy my own. While its not the best option out there to hide pores, make up really glides on and lasts all day. Its not drying, doesn't make your skin break out in spots, and mixes easily with foundation if you're looking for a more sheer look. I love this product and have always returned to it after using other primers

Shop Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer Here