Toner recommendations

Toner recommendations

AHi there,

I’m about to run out of L’occitane immortelle biologique essential water and I was wondering which you recommend for hydration, aging and brightness? I was after something that doesn’t have alcohol.

My skin is pretty normal but my forehead and cheeks can get a little dry at times, I have fair skin and freckles and can sometimes get red on the cheeks.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

My current skincare routine:

Morning routine:
Double cleanse with:

• L’occitane immortelle brightening foaming cleanser
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne
    Toner: L’occitane immortelle biologique essential water
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisteriser: Olay complete defense daily UV moisterising lotion SPF 30+
    Eye cream: Embryolisse radiant eye

Evening routine:
Double cleanse with:

• L’occitane immortelle harvest milk makeup remover
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne
    Toner: L’occitane immortelle biologique essential water or Caudalie grape water
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisteriser: Caudalie resveratrol lift night infusion cream
    Eye cream: Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment with avocado

Some nights I’ll wear a cream mask on top of my moisteriser. I alternate between the Sephora sleeping mask creams or the GlamGlow thirstymud hydrating treatment mask. This week I’ve started using the Alpha H Liquid Gold on alternate evenings.

I love a bit of a natural product and am currently a fan of the Sukin hydrating mist toner!

the Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. This stuff is free from alcohol, soy, gluten, silicone and is vegan too. The glycolic acid works wonders in mild chemical exfoliation and brightens the skin and gets rid of the little dry parts. It contains Tasmanian pepperberry, ginseng and aloe Vera and the best part is that you get a whopping amount for only $15. The bad part is that it is constantly out of stock on here as it’s so popular. I used to use alpha h liquid gold at $50 per 100ml bottle. This does the same job and I get 2 and a half times the volume for a quarter of the price.

Oh yes that’s definitely a good one too Karlie!

Hi, you have done an amazing job of outlining your beauty regime for the day and night. When I was in my early twenties I used the Clinique Toner/Clarification number 2 as my skin was oily in the T Zone and yes, it did contain alcohol. I could sense it quite strongly and finished using it. A few years later though my skin is still a little oily in T Zone, it can also be dehydrated, so feeling safe and familiar with Clarins products, I tried their Toning Lotion, with camomile. It is alcohol free , for Normal or Dry skin. It feels incredibly refreshing on my skin with a nice soft smell, not too fragrant, and my skin feels beautiful after. I love it