Tooth Whitening

Tooth Whitening

Have you ever tried to whiten your teeth? In the chair or at home - What worked?

I was unimpressed with the Supersmile toothpaste although it always seems to be on Adore’s best seller list. I have had good success with the Colgate Simply White paint on one. It tastes a bit weird but whitened my teeth initially within the 2 week proclaimation and within a few days for maintence. :smiley:

Medusa,
I have bleched my teeth before. My dentist had these night guards made to fit my mouth and at night I would have to put a small amount of Dental Bleach in them and sleep with them in over night.

The results were astounding! My teeth looked so bright but not that fake hollywood white that a lot of celbrities have. I was also able to control how white I let my teeth get. If you reach your desired shade in four or five night you can stop, however if you want to keep bleaching you just keep the treatment uo for a longer time.

A side effect of the bleaching was that my teeth became very sensitive but this subsided once I stopped the bleaching. My teeth are really nice looking now and if they start to go a bit yellow I just stat bleaching again and they soon return to white.

From memory It was quite an expensive process. I think it cost me around $700 just for the guards and four vials of bleach. The vials only have about 5ml in them and now I have to buy them from my Dentist at $45 for each vial as I used all the initial ones up!

Hi girls, I have used the Colgate Simply White and found it to be quite good. Best results and one that I would highly recommend is the Go Smile range. It is a clear solution in a vial which you snap then soak this brush with the fluid. You “polish” the tooth surface of each tooth and dont eat or drink for a while. It is only a 14 day treatment and results are pretty spectacular. Pricey but effective!:smiley:

I love Colgate Whitening Toothpaste/Mouthwash 2 in 1 for giving your teeth back a bit of sparkle. The Oral B Whitening Pen is also good for whitening 2 or 3 shades brighter, if you don’t need that much of a dramatic change

i just got my teeth done last week at the dentist. it is called Zoom Laser. must admit it did hurt a little but the difference is great. takes about 80 mins to complete and teeth are a little sensitive after but great result.

How much did Zoom cost?

Medusa dont know how often lauren jumps on the forum but here is a link for Sydney.

I had my teeth brightened at D.spa in South Yarra in May last. I was advised beforehand that if I have sensitive teeth I must apply a sensitive tooth cream prior to treatment, which I did. The process took 90 minutes and I was provided with gel imprints of my teeth and a brightening system to use every 6 months following a thorough clean by a dental hygenist. I am blown away by the results. The most important thing that I learned was to de-sensify prior to treatment as many friends have had similar procedures without being advised about sensitivity and have suffered enormous pain. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had very noticable results with B’Dazzled. Got the kit from a salon here in Adelaide. Costs about $100 and had a little sensitivity afterwards but I did use the Express Kit which is done over the weekend. They do another one which you use over a 2 week period and produces the same results.

Hey gals!
I was just thinking about this very thread the other day. I have just done my teeth my self with an at home kit called the e-bright!
Its a LED activated combination of gel and strips that is used fro 5 consecutive 20mins sessions (booooriiing!! :rollthoseeyes: ) or you can use it (as i did) for 5 20mins sessions spread over 5 days. Its a funny little light that slides over the SEXY AS cheeck retractors. It is a little uncomfortable at first but i have had NO problems with sensativity AT ALL!! wooo! :dance: (couldnt resist heehee)

The kit is supplied by Vani-T (the same people that make that really yummy Liquid Sun Tan) It costs around $165 wholeslae (not sure wat the retail price is, usually a 40-60% markup :redcheeks: )
I have found it absolutely BRILLIANT!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I have used a few different whitening toothpastes over the past few years but only this has move those stubborn stains I had on my teeth. You think you have whitish teeth till you have them whitened then u realise the difference. I’m hooked!!
TIP: There is only 5 activator strips in the kit (You can get refills) but I reckon I could get anoth 2 extra treatments out of the whitening gel because I have used much less than they advised.

Here’s a link:http://www.beyonddent.com/productDetail.aspx?cul=en-us&proId=15&ass=False&lastmenuid=1

There is a professional in salon/spa etc equivelent treatment too which is the light on the big stand.

Hope that helps :stuck_out_tongue:
The_Beauty_Addict

I used GoSMILE’s “system” about a year ago, it was very good. I use Supersmile as a maintenance thing, but I think I am about ready to do the Gosmile again.

Hi Girls

I’ve actually just started looking into whitening - but also want to get a ‘gum lift’ (sounds horrible but apparently not that painful) as well so figure I should do them around the same time.

I’ve got sensitive teeth and actually am starting to lose the enamel on my teeth… the dentist tells me it’s quite common and it’s got to do with the acidity in my saliva - eeewww I know! :vomit:

So because of that I’ve been worried about any ‘at home’ kits and am currently looking into finding a good cosmetic dentist in the brisvegas area…

Hey nattieb I’m planning the professional whitening (I think zoom?) in the chair too. It’s going to cost a bomb but am sure it will be worth it. Let me know when you get yours done so I know what it’ll be like!

For at-home I’ve tried Supersmile and Go Smile but prefer the SS. I’m impatient though, I want the instant result!

I really love the idea of tooth whitening, and I plan to get it done one of these days. Just be careful though, I have seen people (friends included) that have the most rediculously white teeth, and to be honest they just look stupid and fake (kind of like too much botox). I saw a guy at the shops one day and his teeth were so white that the where blue looking:chuckle: Poor guy

I agree, teeth can be toooo white! I would like to whiten mine by a few shades but I’m also concerned about removing the natural enamel etc - I don’t want to ruin my beautiful straight teeth to be a bit whiter and brighter! Do you know the processes you’ve done are safe???

i have been told that the bleach or peroxide won’t do anything to the enamel but baking soda can 'cause it is an abrasive - though this is just what i have been told
my brother has done the home kit from the dentist [with the custom fit mouth guard] he had no in room treatment , his teeth look AMAZING :clapping:

[QUOTE=The_Beauty_Addict;6912]Hey gals!
I was just thinking about this very thread the other day. I have just done my teeth my self with an at home kit called the e-bright!
Its a LED activated combination of gel and strips that is used fro 5 consecutive 20mins sessions (booooriiing!! :rollthoseeyes: ) or you can use it (as i did) for 5 20mins sessions spread over 5 days. Its a funny little light that slides over the SEXY AS cheeck retractors. It is a little uncomfortable at first but i have had NO problems with sensativity AT ALL!! wooo! :dance: (couldnt resist heehee)

The kit is supplied by Vani-T (the same people that make that really yummy Liquid Sun Tan) It costs around $165 wholeslae (not sure wat the retail price is, usually a 40-60% markup :redcheeks: )
I have found it absolutely BRILLIANT!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I have used a few different whitening toothpastes over the past few years but only this has move those stubborn stains I had on my teeth. You think you have whitish teeth till you have them whitened then u realise the difference. I’m hooked!!
TIP: There is only 5 activator strips in the kit (You can get refills) but I reckon I could get anoth 2 extra treatments out of the whitening gel because I have used much less than they advised.

Here’s a link:http://www.beyonddent.com/productDetail.aspx?cul=en-us&proId=15&ass=False&lastmenuid=1

There is a professional in salon/spa etc equivelent treatment too which is the light on the big stand.

Hope that helps :stuck_out_tongue:
The_Beauty_Addict[/QUOTE]

I have used this too, is very good. The whitening toothpaste they sell is also very effective :o

[QUOTE=GoldAussieGirl;25305]I have used this too, is very good. The whitening toothpaste they sell is also very effective :o[/QUOTE]

Yea but why is it that most whitening toothpastes taste yucky. I like a full minty hit from my toothpaste and alot of them leave me feeling not so fresh. Like i need to brush my teeth with my good ol macleans :rollthoseeyes:

[quote=raspberryberet;6990]Hey nattieb I’m planning the professional whitening (I think zoom?) in the chair too. It’s going to cost a bomb but am sure it will be worth it. Let me know when you get yours done so I know what it’ll be like!

For at-home I’ve tried Supersmile and Go Smile but prefer the SS. I’m impatient though, I want the instant result![/quote]
Are you going to get it done in Canberra, rb? I noticed the other day that a place in Civic does it. Let us know how it goes!

[QUOTE=nattieb;6951]Hi Girls

I’ve actually just started looking into whitening - but also want to get a ‘gum lift’ (sounds horrible but apparently not that painful) as well so figure I should do them around the same time.

I’ve got sensitive teeth and actually am starting to lose the enamel on my teeth… the dentist tells me it’s quite common and it’s got to do with the acidity in my saliva - eeewww I know! :vomit:

So because of that I’ve been worried about any ‘at home’ kits and am currently looking into finding a good cosmetic dentist in the brisvegas area…[/QUOTE]

I have acidic saliva and enamel erosion along my gumline too nattieb. I recently had to have all my gaps along the gumline filled. The dentist said one of the best things to do if you have this problem is to use an electric toothbrush, if you don’t already. And of course swish around with water after you eat anything acidic!