Top Beauty Buys For Under $50

Top Beauty Buys For Under $50
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/top-beauty-buys-for-under-50/

As much as we’d all love to spend an absurd amount of money on makeup, for most of us, it’s just not a sustainable way of living.

I could spend hours online, reading reviews, trying to find my next holy grail product at a reasonable price. For a long time, these ‘drugstore’ products have been looked over, however, as the industry has become more competitive in recent years, the quality of what we consider essentials, has greatly improved.

From packaging, to pigment, to coverage, affordable cosmetics are living up to the hype - and here are my favourites that won’t break the bank.

An Affordable Foundation:

I recommend Designer Brands Hydrating Luminous Foundation

If you are looking for a luminous foundation without the price tag, look no further! Here's one that will provide you with that same flawless dewy complexion for only $19.99.
  • It provides a medium to full coverage

• Contains nourishing ingredients that your skin will love

• Won’t cling to any dry areas, or clog your pores

• Designer Brands are an Australian company & are certified vegan

• Suitable for all skin types, especially for those with sensitive, dry skin

Pro Tip:

For a seamless finish, I’d recommend using a buffing brush to apply this foundation. The domed shaped head of a buffing brush is fantastic for effortlessly blending this foundation into your skin.

Buy here

A Lengthening & Volumising Mascara:

I recommend PUR Cosmetics Big Look Mascara

This is my favourite mascara right now! It will give you long luscious lashes, while coating them with a rich black pigment.
  • Contains argan oil to nourish lashes & encourage growth

• It’s buildable without being clumpy, thanks to the clump-resistant wand

• Evenly applies and coats every lash

• Adds volume, defines & separates

★★★★ Great for bottom lashes! - Taylah

"I love how this mascara separates the lashes, you can apply multiple coats without experiencing any clumping! I always have had trouble applying mascara to my long lower lashes - finding they always look too clumpy, this has completely solved the issue!"

Buy here

A 'Lit From Within' Highlighter:

I recommend MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter

A good highlighter doesn't need to cost you a small fortune, with more affordable brands expanding their ranges and hopping on trends. I used the shade Irredescent Gold on Yasamin, and have this one at home to use on myself!
  • High end quality without the price tag - this is $11.00!

• This buildable formula will either give you a subtle glow, or an intense glow.

• Available in three versatile shades

• Apply with a damp brush for a super intense glow

Pro Tip:

Lightly dust above cheekbones, down the centre of the nose, middle of the chin, Cupid’s bow and down the centre of the legs.

Buy here

A Sun-kissed Bronzing Powder:

I recommend Pixi Beauty Bronzer + Kabuki

This pressed powder bronzer is finely milled, which provides enough pigment to give you a natural glow without leaving your skin looking 'muddy'.
  • Has a slight sheen, without being glittery on the skin

• This bronzer can be used to contour or warm up light to medium skin tones

• Apply to the eyelids for a wash of colour

• Can be used on the body to warm up the skin

• Comes with a kabuki brush for precise application

★★★★★ Absolutely lovely - Amber

"I was after a beach glow, and it suits my olive skin perfectly. Looks natural, unlike every other bronzer I've tried. I'd given up ever finding one! Will never be without this. It feels light and silky on and not too shimmery. The brush is quite good too."

Buy here

The Perfect Everyday Nude Lipstick:

I recommend Shanghai Suzy Whipped Matte Lipstick - Miss Leah Baby Cocoa

I'm obsessed with this shade. Miss Leah Baby Cocoa is one Shanghai Suzy's most popular lipsticks - and I can understand why! It's the perfect nude shade, you can't go wrong for $14.95.
  • Pigmented, creamy matte lipsticks, that won’t leave your lips looking dry

• Lightly scented with a strawberry fragrance

• This shade can be worn alone as a statement, or paired up with a smokey eye

• Australian owned & made, cruelty-free & vegan-friendly

★★★★★ Great lipstick! - Georgia

"I bought this lipstick a couple weeks ago and am absolutely in love! Not only is it a great colour, but Shanghai Suzy products are cruelty-free, vegan, made in Melbourne, but they're also really cheap!! I will definitely be buying more of this brand, and I've already started recommending it to family and friends. Only downside - it does wear off, so you do need to reapply it every so often."

Buy here

Shop Makeup Here