Tubing Mascaras

Tubing Mascaras

Right,

I’ve decided that we need a thread solely dedicated to talking just about tubing mascaras! :worship:

That way we’ll know which ones are and arn’t tubing, and can ask each other questions.

The two tubing mascara’s I’ve tried are

1. Lancome Virtuose
    Pros
    Quite separating and curling. I get no clumping or globby bits on my upper eyelids.
    Cons
    Not so much with the volume, and it can be kind of hard to get off sometimes. It also can flake and smudge a bit at the end of its life.

2. Kevyn Aucoin Curling Mascara
    Pros
    Very easy to remove, quite a bit of volume, curls quite well.
    Cons
    At start in particular very wet, and clumps a bit as there is no bit at the top of the tube which removes excess as you bring it out.
    I also always seem to get mascara on my top eye lids…

So what other tubing mascara’s has everyone else used, loved or hated…

or want to try…

I tried the Mirenesse, but found it quite dry so didn’t do a lot for me. I’ve also tried Rimmel’s Coup de Theatre, which is equally as inky as it is 'tube’y so It can ‘panda’ if you sweat etc.

I have only ever tried one tubey, Becca The Ultimate so I can’t really compare. I prefer the oomph of Diorshow Blackout but the Ultimate is what I use daily as it’s so easy to remove.

I’ve used the Mirennesse but did not like it - it may have been an old batch or tube but it was so dry and hard to apply.

I have also used:

Modelco Lash Extend. My favourite as it never smudges under the eye, is easy to remove and really does lenghten the lashes. Does not clump either.

BECCA The Ultimate. A nice mascara but I like the Modelco better and I found the BECCA did not really enhance anything in terms of greater volume or length.

I [I]love[/I] Clinique Lash Power.

Pros: It goes on smoothly and delivers a lovely strong black. It is delightfully smudge/humidity/sweat-proof and comes off really easily in tubes. I love the brush - it’s not too big so it’s good for those of us with shorter lashes and small eyes (I think it was first released in the Asian market, designed primarily for Asian eyes and Asian climates). When the product is brand new, lashes look silky and not at all clumpy. Removing it is a lot more fun than removing a regular mascara. It just loosens with warm water and slides right off. It’s a joy not to have to drag cotton pads and makeup remover over my delicate eye skin.

Cons: It’s not particularly lengthening or curling, it’s just a basic mascara. It “goes off” very quickly and loses its liquidity and staying power big-time. It’s somewhat expensive ($38).

I love the Mirenesse one!:heartbeat::heartbeat:

For those of you who found it dry, just go and boil your kettle, wash the brush out under the boiling water and put it back in the tube while its still wet, this will bring it back to life :clapping: I am always doing this, it does not effect how it works, it still comes off easily, never gives me panda eyes :clapping:
If you get a leaflet with your mascara it usualy tells you that you can do the water trick.

[QUOTE=Gilly;346695]I love the Mirenesse one!:heartbeat::heartbeat:

For those of you who found it dry, just go and boil your kettle, wash the brush out under the boiling water and put it back in the tube while its still wet, this will bring it back to life :clapping: I am always doing this, it does not effect how it works, it still comes off easily, never gives me panda eyes :clapping:
If you get a leaflet with your mascara it usualy tells you that you can do the water trick.[/QUOTE]

ditto, love it too. i have about 20 of them:redcheeks:

It didn’t work out well for me either that one.

I also love the Clinque mascara.

I am interested in hearing about any tubing mascaras at the cheaper end of the price spectrum.

[QUOTE=Sapphire;345984]I’veModelco Lash Extend. My favourite as it never smudges under the eye, is easy to remove and really does lenghten the lashes. Does not clump either.

BECCA The Ultimate. A nice mascara but I like the Modelco better and I found the BECCA did not really enhance anything in terms of greater volume or length.[/QUOTE]

I have been using Becca the Ultimate, which is currently out of stock, I feel it lasts longer in the bottle than Mirenesse. I got very excited by Sapphire’s recommendation - guess what else is out of stock? I will buy the Clinque one,

I want to try the Becca mascara to. I actually have tried the new sexy look mascara, not certain of name,… but I dont really like the effect it has on me. I have always liked Clinique High Impact mascara but tried to go to a more gentlier formula that wouldnt dry out the lashes as much. Not that I am 100% certain if the Clinique actually does, Im not a daily mascara wearer.

[quote=Gilly;346695]I love the Mirenesse one!:heartbeat::heartbeat:

If you get a leaflet with your mascara it usualy tells you that you can do the water trick.[/quote]

I tried that but no good. I think it may have been an old tube?

Clinique one is good but I find the brush too small. Great for separating though. Only lengthens for me, not much in the way of volume.

L’oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes - great price when you can grab it on special at Priceline, fantastic result for me and I get lots of ‘are you sure you aren’t wearing false eyelashes’ comments. Plumps as well as lengthens. Excellent for on holidays as it doesn’t come off when you jump in a warm pool/ocean which some of the others tend to do. Apply the primer first can be a pain, but it gives a great result. Need to work fairly fast to avoid clumping. Doesn’t take any longer than a regular mascara once you get used to applying it. A little bit harder to remove than the others and is probably the only downside for me.

Been a while since I used the Mirenesse one. I have put a few friends on to that one and repurchased a few times. I think I had problems with the tube too. Good result but not amazing.

Model Co one gives a fantastic result but the separate tubes is annoying. Have to go searching for it. Plus you have to apply the mascara, then apply the fibres (separate tube) and then mascara again. Not quite as thickening as the Becca but pretty close result.

Becca is still a favourite although I am still a bit up in the air over the price. Single tube, easy to remove, length and volume in one sweep.

I still haven’t found my HG tube mascara BUT tube mascara in general is a HG for me as I prefer it to paint. :spin:

I really really want to try the Cargo Better Than Waterproof tube mascara. Anyone tried it? and is it available in Aus. seen it on the Sephora site :whistle:

ModelCo lash extend is not the fibre one but it is a tube one … only comes in one tube.

Thanks for letting me know :waving:I did not know they had another tubey. Must investigate :detective: I’ve only tried the fibre one. Sounds like it is next on my list :whistle:

[quote=Medusa;346743]It didn’t work out well for me either that one.

I also love the Clinque mascara.

I am interested in hearing about any tubing mascaras at the cheaper end of the price spectrum.[/quote]

I tried the Prestige Cosmetics Lash Matrix (about $18) and it was HORRIBLE. It advertises itself as a tube mascara but was not tubey AT ALL. Just smudged and ran in the shower.

Madison - I think I’ve asked you this before, but does the L’Oreal Double Extend one have a white primer?? Because I’ve used something with a white primer before and it was horrible, I needed to do 18 coats to cover all the white and it ended up being crusty and disgusting. But I’d be very interested in this if the primer is okay.

[quote=Vanillaheart;347891]
Madison - I think I’ve asked you this before, but does the L’Oreal Double Extend one have a white primer?? Because I’ve used something with a white primer before and it was horrible, I needed to do 18 coats to cover all the white and it ended up being crusty and disgusting. But I’d be very interested in this if the primer is okay.[/quote]

That’s ok. Yes it is white but the black covers it fine in one coat. Like I said, once you are used to applying it it’s pretty easy. I haven’t applied mascara yet so I will go take some pics and add them back here later…

Excuse me for being a mascara nuff nuff but could someone tell me the difference between a normal mascara and these tube types please?:redcheeks:

[QUOTE=Jahzie;347969]Excuse me for being a mascara nuff nuff but could someone tell me the difference between a normal mascara and these tube types please?:redcheeks:[/QUOTE]

I can’t help you with why they are different - ingrediants etc, but the tube mascaras form a tube around the lashes that sets and stays put until it is removed with warm water that loosens its grip on the lashes. The other kind paints on and on some of us is what creates that panda eye when our eyes water or the weather is humid.

L’oreal Beauty Tubes. First pic is a pic from a while ago, second is from today.

Madison your eyes look gorgeous but you are teasing us - your lashes are absurdly long and beautiful anyway!