Ultraceuticals Product Reviews

Ultraceuticals Product Reviews

I came into work today fresh faced (no foundation) having in mind I wanted to head straight to the tester stand and try the new Ultraceauticals Ultra Active Mineral Foundation. I decided Honey was the best colour for me. Boy do I love this foundation! (it’s already tucked away in my bad to take home and add to my collection :))

Its super easy to apply, just a quick brush over the face, gives great coverage (more then some of my other foundations) and feels like there is nothing on my face! It does give more of a matte look and works best when used over a primer.

Definitetly two enthusiastic thumbs up!

ohh, forgot to mention it comes in a powder form, so it’s a little confusing, but its definitely a foundation… :worship:

i went into dj’s and had a look and feel of the foundation. it does exactly what you say sarah. it offers just the right coverage without feeling like you caked it on. its on my list of wants !!

What are the colours like for fair-skinned misses like myself? It doesn’t have sunscreen built in, does it- that would be perfection!

I’m wearing it today!
Sapphire, the colours are quite pale - I’m usually the lightest shade in many foundations but in this one I’m the second lightest (Beige). The Ivory shade is about equivalent to Laura Mercier Porcelain Ivory or MAC NC15.

It doesn’t have an SPF rating on the packaging, however the main ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc, so I reckon it would offer some sun protection - it may just be that Ultraceuticals haven’t bothered to put it through TGA testing, since their moisturiser already has SPF30+.

Still, I don’t think I would want to risk an untested spf on my delicate flesh!

I have been using Megan Gale’s tinted sunscreen which is fab except that the colour is a bit too dark for me. It would be ok if I wanted to darken my skintone a little over summer but I like my fairness. Megan Gale, if you’re out there- please make one for fair skinned lasses! :shake:

Well no, you wouldn’t want to rely on it as your only sun protection. But any extra sun-protection is a bonus :wink:

I have been using Megan Gale’s tinted sunscreen which is fab except that the colour is a bit too dark for me. It would be ok if I wanted to darken my skintone a little over summer but I like my fairness. Megan Gale, if you’re out there- please make one for fair skinned lasses! :shake:

I’ve been told they are making a lighter colour that will be released early 2007 :whistle:

How do powder foundations compare to liquid? Does it look ‘powdery’ on? I’m confused!!

[QUOTE=celestefay;3715]How do powder foundations compare to liquid? Does it look ‘powdery’ on? I’m confused!![/QUOTE]
A liquid foundation consists of colour pigments plus emulsifiers and silicones/oil/water to make it a liquid that you can spread over the skin. A mineral foundation (like the Ultraceuticals one) contains just the colour pigments. So the effect in the end is much the same, but mineral foundations tend to stay on longer because they don’t slide around so much.

It will look a little bit powdery at first but not once it settles into your skin.

No, once it’s on the face it doesn’t look powdery at all, but it’s in a powder form. I used one of my other foundations this morning and it’s just so much harder to get an even coverage.

What do you prefer? When is a powder form better/liquid better?

I’m loving this foundation as a quick cover up in summer (becasue its so quick and feels strangely light). You know the days at the beach when you don’t want to wear makeup but would like to look a little nicer then a freak when you go straight out to dinner or shopping?!

I think it’s also great when you’re in a hurry becasue it’s so quick to apply. Kate used it the other day as she was leaving the salon from having a facial. Didn’t want to put on a heavy full makeup, but wanted to cover up the redness and skintone so she could step outside the door.

Does anyone have any reviews for the Ultraceuticals skin care to share?

I really love the Gentle Cleansing Gel, it makes my skin feel completely clean, without stripping it and making it feel dry. This is one of my all time favourite cleansers. I tried the Ultra ACE facial cream for the first time last night, and I love this product also, this cream just melted right into my skin, without leaving it greasy. My skin felt sooo soft and fresh afterwards. My face (apart from the pimply area on my chin) had a nice glow to it this morning also. I look forward to seeing how my skin looks after using this product for a longer period of time!

[QUOTE=Luisa Brown;6078]Does anyone have any reviews for the Ultraceuticals skin care to share?[/QUOTE]

I have just begun my second tube of the gentle cleanser- I love it too! My skin is easily irritated and reddened as I am quite fair, but also very oily and this cleanser manages to thoroughly clean without feeling too harsh. It also seems to keep my skin in balance. I would give it 4.5 stars.

[QUOTE=Kate (Staff);3638]I’m wearing it today!
Sapphire, the colours are quite pale - I’m usually the lightest shade in many foundations but in this one I’m the second lightest (Beige). The Ivory shade is about equivalent to Laura Mercier Porcelain Ivory or MAC NC15.QUOTE]

Kate, I am hesitant to puchase without trying the colour of the foundation- when I wear foundation it is usually Revlon new complexion in no 2 creamy peach beige. What would be the Ultraceuticals equivalent?

Also, I tried Megan Gales tinted zinc but it is far too dark for me, unless I want to look golden tanned, which I don’t.

Finally, how would you describe the coverage of the Ultraceuticals? Light? Sheer?

Cheers!

I have been so impressed with Ultaceuticals. I bought the bargain pack from Adore a couple of months ago and I really like the Gentle Exfoliating one, and the moisturiser is GREAT! I love that it is thick and 30+ but soaks straight in to my skin and my skin feels bare - perfect for applying make-up! Not at all greasy.

I would definately buy this again.

Just got confirmation this morning that the Ultraceuticals ACE Facial Treatment cream will have a name change from next month and will be known as Ultraceuticals A Treatment Cream. I am assured that it is the same formulation.

Really? Damn, glad they are keeping SOMEONE in the loop :explode:

I would be a bit annoyed too! Make sure you rough-up your rep!:mad:

Was emailed confirmation directly from Ultraceuticals customer service in Sydney this morning after I heard a whisper earlier in the week.