Volumnising mascara

Volumnising mascara

What do you use for big, fat lashes? On the hunt for something new (or classic!)

My pick is [B]Mabeylline’s XXL[/B], the double ended one with the primer. I have long lashes & only use this at night for a glam look but I have also used it on short lashes to great effect. Only trick is that it dries really fast so you need to comb out any clumps straight away.

So many great mascaras around for any budget! Volumising or thickening mascaras are my pick as I already have long lashes. The lengthening ones tend to be a “thinner” consistency too. The ones with the primer are really worth a go.

Current faves inlcude Max Factor More Lashes, Masterpiece (with the rubber thingies), Lancome L’Extreme and Diorshow.

Take care any contact lens wearers as some of the thickening mascaras rely on fibres to thicken which can irritate.

I agree with Medusa and LB. I own both Maybelline XXL and Lancome L Extreme’ and find these are both great. I find that I always get thicker, fatter and longer lashes when I use a primer. Estee Lauder have a good one :slight_smile:

i use MAC Zoom Lash, its fantastic

I have just started using Clarins Wonder Volume mascara, and it is the bomb! I already have the length, but sometimes like to vamp up the volume of my lashes, esp for night time, and this does the job, plus some. :worship: Thanks Kate for nudge in this direction!

Thanks guys, they all sound great. Must try the Clarins one BPJ, does sound good.

LB take your point about fibre being an irritant, do lots of mascaras have this?

[QUOTE=raspberryberet;9711]Thanks guys, they all sound great. Must try the Clarins one BPJ, does sound good.

LB take your point about fibre being an irritant, do lots of mascaras have this?[/QUOTE]

Ones that have a thickening effect do so with fibres. Avoid too much “building” up of lashes as bits falling could be a consequence.

[QUOTE=beautyproductjunkie;9669]I have just started using Clarins Wonder Volume mascara, and it is the bomb! I already have the length, but sometimes like to vamp up the volume of my lashes, esp for night time, and this does the job, plus some. :worship: Thanks Kate for nudge in this direction![/QUOTE]
I’ve got the Wonder mascara but have not yet opened it. I have too many mascara’s on the go at the moment, trying to be good. It is a very good mascara though, I tested it in store.

How long should I keep a mascara for?

[QUOTE=Medusa;9715]I’ve got the Wonder mascara but have not yet opened it. I have too many mascara’s on the go at the moment, trying to be good. It is a very good mascara though, I tested it in store.

How long should I keep a mascara for?[/QUOTE]

Unopened it should keep for ages, make sure the lid is tight. Was reading an article the other day by a medico who said tossing out mascara after 3 months was a load of rubbish!Good girl for using up your others!

Clarins Wonder Volume is the best :hearts:

I just picked up the issue of In Style mag with Drew Barrymore on the cover & it has a GWP - Napolean Jet Black mascara. Not bad for $7.80!
Sorry I can’t review because as just promised, I’m not opening any new mascaras yet. :sunnies:

M.A.C X Mascara is fabulous for volumising. My favourite is probably Benefit Bad Gal Mascara comes in a huge tube and has a massive applicator brush.

Just bought TBS Super Volume Mascara, I’m really impressed.

My favourite is Shocking Effect by loreal. My lashes look dangerous when I wear this.

I have tried Telescopic and I was very dissapointed :no:

Chanel have just released a volume mascara that is amazing. Although Chanel have been pro-active in the skincare and make-up arenas with cutting edge technology, their mascara has always been average, until now.

Girls pop in and pick up a sample ( if there are any left ) to try. :makeup: