Was This Your First Foundation?

Was This Your First Foundation?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/the-long-wearing-drugstore-foundation-everyone-is-raving-about/

I’m just going to take a wild guess that Revlon ColorStay Makeup was the first foundation you ever used. Am I correct? But you’ve probably since strayed to something else as your makeup collection grew?

Well, it’s time to get back on the ColorStay bandwagon because the formula is better than ever - or I should say formulas, because there’s one designed for combination/oily skin types, and normal/dry skin.

A post shared by Revlon Australia & New Zealand (@revlonanz) on Mar 12, 2017 at 11:22pm PDT

What's So Good About It?

- Provides the skin with comfortable, long-wearing coverage
  • Looks beautifully fresh for up to 24 hours

• The lightweight formula has a light-medium buildable coverage

• Gives the skin a natural-looking, non-cakey finish

• The improved formula features time release technology & a higher SPF

• The easy to use pump dispenser ensures minimal product wastage

• Transfer-resistant, so it won’t rub off on clothes

• Helps even out skin tone & texture for a smooth, flawless finish

• Softens the appearance of enlarged pores & minor imperfections

• Contains calming Vitamin E & Bisabolol for healthy skin

Buy here

Which Formula Is Right For You?

I love that Revlon have released this foundation for four different skin types. It's frustrating when everyone's talking about an amazing foundation and it doesn't work for your skin - this way you can enjoy the benefits of ColorStay regardless of whether your oily or dry.

The Combination/Oily formula is an oil-free, shine-control foundation that’s designed not to clog pores, while the Normal/Dry formula is moisture-balanced to ensure your dry skin feels comfortable and hydrated all day.

Both are available in nine shades from very fair to medium skin tones; unfortunately there are currently no shades for deeper skin tones available in Australia, but you should be able to find your shade in Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation SPF15 or Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation if you have a darker complexion.

Oily/Combo - Shade 150 | Normal/Dry - Shade 240

What's Everyone Saying?

★★★★★ Best long-lasting drugstore foundation - Tarli

“Would highly recommend if you cannot afford high end foundations. This is my go to when I’m out of my high end foundations but need to go out and can’t afford a new one! Very long lasting, go out clubbing for 8 hours and no rubbing off and transfering! Doesn’t show pores and works very well at controlling oil. Doesn’t look cakey and has no strong gross smell!”

★★★★★ Excellent for oily skin - Claire

“This foundation is what I use every day. I have oily, acne-prone skin and Revlon has produced a foundation that just works perfectly on my skin! It lasts all day (I use a powdered foundation over the top) and provides medium-full coverage without giving me the dreaded “caked on” look. When going out, I’ve found it is very buildable which gives me better coverage. I’ve always struggled to find a product that not only looks good but remains that way all day so now that I’ve found this, I’ll be sticking to it.”

★★★★★ Absolutely amazing! - Krystn

“I have been using this foundation for years and it is the best one I’ve come across. I found it even better than MAC and Napoleon. Great coverage, great for a pale complexion (110 Ivory is the perfect shade for my skin) and very long lasting. My skin still had great coverage even though I had been at a festival all day.”

★★★★★ Affordable and fabulous! - Linden

“For years I was searching for a cheap yet quality foundation that would actually stay matte on my oily skin! Paired with a setting powder this keeps my shine under control all day and all night if it needs to. I love that it also has SPF 15. Convenient glass bottle with a pump and a lot of product in each one, it lasts me ages! This is the best drug store foundation I have tried that works well for long lasting wear on oily skin. I have some acne scaring and it has full enough coverage to leave me looking flawless, and it’s very build-able as well. I have nothing to fault about this product!”

Shop Here