What colours do you always end up buying?

What colours do you always end up buying?

I’m sure I’m not the only one with a collection of eyeshadows that are all pretty much the same colour - what colours do YOU always seem to end up buying?

For me, it’s shimmery beige/taupe eyeshadows (e.g. Bloom e/s in Beige and Taupe, Bloom Eye Paint in Taupe, Becca creme eye colour in Antique Gold, Stila Kitten & Grace, Laura Mercier Topaz). Can’t help myself!

[QUOTE=Kate (Staff);67]I’m sure I’m not the only one with a collection of eyeshadows that are all pretty much the same colour - what colours do YOU always seem to end up buying?

For me, it’s shimmery beige/taupe eyeshadows (e.g. Bloom e/s in Beige and Taupe, Bloom Eye Paint in Taupe, Becca creme eye colour in Antique Gold, Stila Kitten & Grace, Laura Mercier Topaz). Can’t help myself![/QUOTE]

Same here. I always end up buying/using up the beige shimmery colour. I’ve got tonnes of blue/pink etc. colours sitting in my drawer

For me it’s the same pinky/coral glosses. Have just discovered glosses after years of lipstick (and a short spell on matte ones) and now seem to accumulate the same shade in many different brands - at least they taste different!:rolleyes:

for me coral/peach lipglosses

and then green or peachy/golden eyeshadows…

I’m a new addict to the plum/purple shades on my eyes, and darker colours on my lips.

makeup colours

I have dark green eyes, so I always end up buying deep purple shadows, plum eyeliners and complimentary lipsticks. I also have a million lipsticks in the one colour. They all look pinky brown, like Estee Lauder in Love Affair, Clinique in All Heart, Revlon in Blush Chrome…I always go into a store or up to a counter with the sole purpose of purchasing a new, “hip” colour to update my look but end up taking home the same one. Oh well…if it works :slight_smile:

I was hooked on all things pink for quite a long time. I don’t even want to think about how much pink makeup I have! Next I went to natural browns and taupes. Then there was a green and plum phase and now I’m experimenting with navy blues! I wonder if anyone can console me and let me know that I am not alone in the never ending quest for more makeup!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=pinkcupcake;202]I wonder if anyone can console me and let me know that I am not alone in the never ending quest for more makeup!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Ha… you should see my bathroom cupboard :eek: (This is the extra bathroom cupboard that I had to buy because I ran out of room in the original one.)

[QUOTE=Kate (Staff);214]Ha… you should see my bathroom cupboard :eek: (This is the extra bathroom cupboard that I had to buy because I ran out of room in the original one.)[/QUOTE]

Ha! Have to show this thread to my husband as I am the only one in the world who requires this much space in the bathroom!:wink:

Definitely the Laura Mercier Topaz shimmery beige eye shadow. And I try to buy a mauve lipstick and always end up with a reddy pink. I think I have a lipstick shade confusion problem. Poor sales assistants will show me a billion shades and are met with ‘no… pinker but not pink’.

I tend to always buy pinky / neutral lipsticks and eyeshadows just cause i know they suit my skin colour.

Would love to experiment a bit more but too scared !

Me too! total sucker for the shimmery beige eyeshadows! I have tonnes of them… and frosty pale pink lipsticks and lipglosses… I also have a heap of eyeshadows in varying shades of blues/aquas and pinks, a few purples and greens which I save for evening/going out - pale blues and aquas suit me the best… I have many different foundations too! and make-up brushes… mostly Chanel and Nars - they rock…

My bathroom and make-up cases are overflowing, yet nothing can seem to satisfy my hunger for more and more make-up! I need therapy! Good to know I am not alone…

Hubby and 5yo daughter have all but given up trying to come into “my bathroom” and use the other one instead!

Glosses that always compliment my rosey coloured lips like shy biege glosswear for lips by clinique. I like Lucky Penny (clinique) eyeshadow which is brilliant pinky brown shade… and I always use black mascara, I go for a neutral colour for blush. Plum/Aubergine colour for eye liners.

I don’t wear foundations etc …

I have always stuck with neutral eye shadows - light beige, chocolate brown & black. I miht add in some sparkles or a touch of purple for a twist.
Lips are pretty natural & glossy, might have a tinge of red.

I mostly buy neutral colours too Medusa…there are so many different brands and textures to try!

Have noticed though that my collection has expanded over the past couple of years to include more purples/lilacs, greens and greys.

Always seem to wear pink blush so looking at more rosy/warmer tones…

Keep buying pink gloss as well, it’s a hard habit to break. Finally have a few ‘punchy’ colours to break it up i.e. reds and plums for winter.

I’m a big fan of Green eyshadows… I also like gold. I always buy peachy colours for the cheeks and lips.

In winter, I consistently buy neutral pinky-beige lipsticks and glosses, and I’m also a serial buyer of neutral pinky-beige powder blushes. In summer, I tend towards corals - coral pink lipglosses and coral/watermelon powder blushes, the type you can wear over a bit of bronzer. Oh, I also have a helluva lot of purple/lilac/lavender eyeshadows!!

In the last week I have bought about ten eyeshadows all in dark chocolate brown. On the weekend my partner was looking at them and he said “honey they are all the same colour” I was quite livid and pointed out to him that even if they were a similar colour they were all from different brands which makes them very different. He said to me “I am a plastic surgeon and very little that people say surprises me but you just confuse the hell out of me”:chuckle: Ah well as long as I keep him guessing I suppose!!

However today I bought yet more pink lip gloss and lipsticks. All my lippies are pink pink pink!

my lippies tend to be berry [various shades] in colour & eyeshadows tend to be warm browns , mauve, golden browns & greys .

I always buy peach lip glosses & gold & brown shimmery eye shadows.
Earth colours for me x