What Hand/Foot/Nail Care Products Did You Buy Today?

What Hand/Foot/Nail Care Products Did You Buy Today?

Yesterday I bought two coloured polishes from the Spring collection and ‘Melt Away’ cuticle remover by Butter London. I decided to do my own pedicure last night and the cuticle remover is FABULOUS but the polish is even fabulous-er! I used Artful Dodger on my toes and Muggins on my nails, the colour payoff is really good but the formula somehow won’t streak even if I put a little too much on-it just smooths out. Yaaaay! I am a convert.

Are they your nails locquacious?! :shockedhair:

I WISH they were my nails! No, I have “Muggins” on my fingernails and it’s a pastel purple shade that is actually quite bright - I was expecting a paler outcome but it’s still lots of fun.

I would kill for cuticles like that picture. Seriously - kill, maim, slaughter etc.

[QUOTE=locquacious;324115]Yesterday I bought two coloured polishes from the Spring collection and ‘Melt Away’ cuticle remover by Butter London. I decided to do my own pedicure last night and the cuticle remover is FABULOUS but the polish is even fabulous-er! I used Artful Dodger on my toes and Muggins on my nails, the colour payoff is really good but the formula somehow won’t streak even if I put a little too much on-it just smooths out. Yaaaay! I am a convert.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice!Where the heck do you get these from L?Never ever heard of this brand!

[QUOTE=threeglossesalady;324162]I would kill for cuticles like that picture. Seriously - kill, maim, slaughter etc.[/QUOTE]

Remind me to never show you my hands then:whistle:

take a picture! i would really like that LBB in the most non-creepy way possible, I promise. :chuckle:

how do you get your cuticles so perfect? what do you do to look after them? i want routines, names of products, everything. :detective: :chuckle:

Ditto!! My cuticles are the bain marie of my life. :chuckle: No amounts of oils, balms etc will stop them from being dry, overgrown, horrible beasts.

I don’t do that much to be honest.I push them up and away from the nail bed with an orange stick and cut off the excess,buff the nails to get rid of any bits of skin on the nail bed,and always moisturise with Mount Romance Emu Oil Skin Repair(my HG ‘everything’ cream.heals,nourishes from grazed knees to dry hands:heartbeat:).That’s it,boring but it works for me.

I took like 10 pics but I just can’t get it clearer than that,sorry TGAL.I reeeeaaaally need a new camera,the phone just doesn’t cut it for close-ups.:shakehead:

LBB I have massive cuticle envy!!! you are so lucky! do you get nervous cutting them? and it’s not boring at all :kissing:

Ozlicious I am the same - I get regular manis, and do so much for my cuticles, and they’re still a dry, raggedy, nasty, vindictive mess. it’s so unfair.

Thank you.No I don’t get nervous,I’ve been doing it the same way for soooo long now.But I have to use nail clippers to cut the cuticles,just can’t do it with the scissors.Injuries galore!

ahhhh I never cut my cuticles, maybe that’s part of my problem? I’m too scared though. :redcheeks:

It’s not so hard,just start off slowly.Once you push them up and AWAY from the nail bed,the part which is dead and can be cut off is whiter than the sorrounding skin,clip that,just don’t cut too far up to begin with as it’s painful if you cut the living part.Just takes practice.The reason I started is because I had these ridiculous cuticles that would cover half my nail!Just pushing them back wasn’t enough,there was too much there,so I cut them off.I suppose you could try one of those cuticle dissolving creams instead?I’ve never used any but they’re another option,and probably easier.

I think that cuticle creams are used to soften the dead skin just so it’s easier to use the cuticle stick effectively…that’s all I do and mine are fine-don’t need to cut them but I do believe there are dedicated cuticle cutters available from the pharmacy. Good luck.

yeah I use the creative cuticle eraser which is good - i don’t think my problem is overhanging cuticles or excess cuticle, it’s more that they’re dry and split and stuff. EW.

Ohhhh…yeah I hate that-I use the OPI oil-not slimy or sticky and that helps me avoid the splitting.

[QUOTE=locquacious;324259]Ohhhh…yeah I hate that-I use the OPI oil-not slimy or sticky and that helps me avoid the splitting.[/QUOTE]

I might try the OPI, I use the solar oil at the moment. thanks!

[QUOTE=threeglossesalady;324275]I might try the OPI, I use the solar oil at the moment. thanks![/QUOTE]

I find the OPI :clapping:Avoplex oil MUCH better than Solar oil!

[QUOTE=Gilly;324459]I find the OPI :clapping:Avoplex oil MUCH better than Solar oil![/QUOTE]

:heartbeat: the avoplex too

Oh wow! I have the solar oil and have been using it for-like-ever, but if you guys think that Avoplex is better then I’ll definitely try it out. Thanks so much lovelies :kissing: