What is the best way to wash your hair to help with oily roots and dry frizzy ends?

What is the best way to wash your hair to help with oily roots and dry frizzy ends?
0.0 0

I have had oily roots and dry frizzy ends most of my adult life and I can’t for the life of me figure out a hair wash routine that will help smooth my hair out without making my hair oily.

I have the same concern. When I have oily roots and crazy dry ends I use macadamia oil deep repair mask. I use it once a week and it’s seriously changed my hair. It’s light weight enough that after you leave it in for say 30-60 mins you don’t have to shampoo your hair again (which I used to have to do with a hair mask because of my oils)
I find that the next few days after I use the mask my hairs stays soft and helps with lowering the production of oil on my roots IMG_9595

@kerry-annehinds have you tried conditioning the ends only?

Hey :slight_smile: You have a combination hair type which is so normal!! i totally understand that feeling. My best recommendation when it comes to finding a routine for your hair that will work is always get a shampoo for oily hair or a deep cleansing i have found evo normal persons shampoo is a really good shampoo for oily hair and been sulphate free it doeskin create extra frizz and using a conditioner like Kevin Murphy hydrate me rinse is really great with moisture for the dryness but isn’t heavy so won’t weigh the hair down. I have found that has worked for me :slight_smile: Just remember always go light weight shampoo moisturizing conditioner and if you still struggle add dry shampoo into your routine it is the absolute best!

xx

Thanks I will have to give this a try.

Yer I’ve done that. Doesn’t help at all :weary:

A major trim or a small trim every 6 weeks, small enough that the hairdresser doesn’t let you pay haha

@mazc, are there any salons that are willing to do a small trip without you paying though? If so, I’d love to know where those are! :smile:

Usually do a colour as well so I’m still paying for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh good call @mazconti! haha.