What is your AM and PM routine?

What is your AM and PM routine?
0.0 0

Hi everyone
I’ve been slowly building up my skin care routine for day an night. There is an overwhelming number of products on the market and it’s hard to know how much is too much, or if what I’m adding together is effective.

I would love to hear some of your skin care routines, and know what’s working for your skin. Perhaps your routine specifically targets acne scarring or dry skin etc.

My current routine (this changes a lot thought!)

AM:
Saturday skin - Rise and shine purifying cleanser
Niod - Copper amino isolate serum 1%
Niod - Multi-molecular hyaluronic complex
The Ordinary - Niacinamide
The Ordinary - Azelaic Acid
The Body Shop - Elderflower unperfumed eye gel

PM:
1st Cleanse - Alpha H Liquid laser cleansing oil
2nd Cleanse - Garnier Pure Active Anti-blemish soap free gel wash
Niod - Copper amino isolate serum 1%
Niod - Multi-molecular hyaluronic complex
The Ordinary - Niacinamide
Niod - fractionated eye contour concentrate
Saturday Skin - Balancing act skin smoothing lotion
Drunk elephant - Marula oil & glycolic night serum

Love your routine @hayleypan. Mine used to be a lot more basic before I got involved with the Adore Forum! :joy:
I’ve collected quite a few goodies this year and my routine currently looks like this.

AM
Cleanse with Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub
Hylamide - Hyaluronic Acid
The Ordinary - Squalane

PM
Sukin Cleanser
Dermalogica - Superfoliant
Glow - Peel Pads (Once a week)
The Ordinary Vit C Suspension (I just apply to a few pigmented spots on my face)
Rosehip Oil

My routine currently:

Morning:

• Dermalogica cleanse balm
  • estee lauder even skin serum
  • Trilogy or Ordinary rosehip oil
  • dermalogica power firm on eye area
  • sunscreen

Evening:

• Dermalogica cleanse balm
  • estee lauder even skin serum
  • Ordinary 2% retinoid 4x a week
  • Ordinary vit c suspension 2x a week
  • rosehip oil
  • Dermalogica power firm for eye area

How’s the cleanse balm going @lisatarasenko?

I LOVE it so much!!! Ill have to add a review. Its the best ive used - even better than the Clinique take the day off balm.

My routine is more or less like this:

AM
Sukin sensitive gel wash
Bioderma Hydro tonic
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Sukin Eye serum
Sukin sensitive facial moisturizer

PM
Voeu Micellar water
(tap water wash with cloth)
The Ordinary Retinoid 2% x5/week
The Body shop Vitamin C gel x5/week
The Ordinary Lipoic Acid x2/week

Once I finish the body shop vitamin C gel I’ll try one of The Ordinary. I also want to add The Ordinary squalene but it is hard to find it in stock.

C - CLEANSE - honey and witch hazel wash organic
T - TONE - papaya extract and tea tree organic
M - MOISTURISE - argan oil organic

AM
CT but for M, I use an every day cream with collagen, lactic acid and papaya oil plus spf 30

PM
CTM
scrub once a week - with vinifera seed oil and papaya oil

I was acne prone and this is how I control it.
The products I use are personally formulated by a friend of mine except for the argan oil

Haha yes! Reading through all the forums just makes me want to try alllllll the things!

I need to try The Ordinary retinoid!

Nice routine. I’ve never tried the Sukin brand before , might have to pick up something when There’s a sale

This sounds like such a great natural routine!

@hayleypan the Sukin range is awesome! It has a real Aesop vibe and scent about it but costs a lot less. Definitely worth trying. I love the Sukin body washes

@hayleypan I suffer from dermatitis and it can flare up with some products but I haven’t had a problem with the Sukin range. The other thing that I like about it is that a little goes a loooooong way.

Hi, mine is a bit excessive but here goes:

Morning routine:
Double cleanse with:

• Nuxe comforting cleansing milk with rose petals
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne or L’occitane immortelle brightening foaming cleanser
    Toner: L’occitane immortelle biologique essential water or L’occitane pivione sublime with peony extract perfecting toner
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisturizer: Olay complete defense daily UV moisterising lotion SPF 30+
    Eye cream: Embryolisse radiant eye and The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG (not everyday)

Evening routine - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays:
Before cleansing I spray my face with Avene thermal spring water, then
Double cleanse with:

• L’occitane immortelle harvest milk makeup remover
  • Caudalie instant foaming cleanser fleur de vigne
    Toner: L’occitane immortelle biologique essential water, L’occitane pivione sublime with peony extract perfecting toner or Caudalie grape water
    Followed by: Caudalie concentrated brightening essence
    Serum: Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting
    Moisteriser: Caudalie resveratrol lift night infusion cream
    Eye cream: Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment with avocado and The Ordinary caffeine solution 5% + EGCG (not everyday)
    Some nights I’ll wear a cream mask on top of my moisteriser. I alternate between the Sephora sleeping mask creams or the GlamGlow thirstymud hydrating treatment mask.
    On either Saturday or Sunday night I like to use a sheet mask.

Evening routine - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
Before cleansing I spray my face with Avene thermal spring water, then
Cleanse: L’occitane immortelle harvest milk makeup remover
Treatment: Alpha H liquid gold
Eye cream: Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment with avocado

Twice a week I try to exfoliate with Caudalie deep cleansing exfoliator and once a week I use Sephora mud mask purifying and mattifying.

Other products I occasionally use:

• The Ordinary buffet
  • Sephora luminizing booster
  • Trilogy certified organic rose hip oil
  • Caudalie beauty elixir
  • Kora Organics calming lavender mist
  • Embryolisse lait-creme concentrate moisturizer

I’ve just purchased the following which I plan to incorporate somehow:

• Caudalie vinosource overnight recovery oil
  • Caudalie vine [activ] overnight detox oil
  • Caudalie Premier cru elixir

I admire your dedication to your skincare routine!

I’m like you! I have a constant flow of new products that I want to try , but it’s hard to fit them into the routine!!

<p>I'm one for organic ingredients and simple routines...</p>

Morning - First Rising

First thing in the morning, I take a hot washcloth and rub it across my shea butter product, BODYTRUTH brand, Eczema Recovery Shea Butter by ghsoaps. I get about a tsp worth of butter on it and I work it over my entire face, esp the creases of my eyes. It's basically an oil cleansing method. If I'm not going out (with makeup and all), then that's all that is required.

I only use soap on my face once per day - and usually during my shower. The only two I use are:

They're like a facial in a bar

Evening - Before Bed

I repeat the process from the morning since Eczema Recovery Shea Butter is excellent as a makeup remover. I use it to remove my makeup, eyeliner and mascara. That is all that is needed unless I also wore foundation (I don't often). If I've worn foundation (liquid or powder), then I follow up my oil cleanse with PURIFI Sea Salt Mineral Tonic. Nothing more.

I've not found a need for harsh soaps. Nor do I cleanse it with soap more than once per day. and my 43 year old skin is well-balanced with a nice glow. With the shea butter cleansing, my skin is super soft and youthful - no need for anti-aging product, nor facial scrubs!

Hope you find it helpful!

My routine is so simple but has helped clear my acne. I used to use a million products and couldn’t understand why my skin was still breaking out. Now I keep it simple!

AM:
Dermalogica - Special Cleansing Gel
asap- Super B Serum

PM:
Dermalogica - Special Cleansing Gel
asap- Super B Serum

Then once a week I’ll either exfoliate with daily exfoliating facial scrub. If I’m having really problematic skin, then i’ll use the NIOD Flavanone Mud with really brings all the congestion to the surface.

My routine changes with the seasons, as your skin changes with the seasons too!
AM:
Cleanse with a glycolic or salicylic acid and a quick face massage to wake up my skin, I use a glycolic or salicylic acid every morning because it gently exfoliates my sensitive skin. And exfoliation is key!
Ice bath
Tone and hydrate
Vitamin C Serum
Moisturiser/ Sunscreen

PM:
Cleanse with a gentle cleanser, and with oil first if I’ve got a face of make up and a lymph drainage face massage
Ice bath
Tone and hydrate
Vitamin A or E Serum
Moisturiser

Then I’ll do purifying/ hydrating masks or peels once weekly and if my skin is lacking hydration I’ll skip using a cleanser and use a hydrating face mask to wash my face and give my skin a boost of hydration!

I’ve used shea butter as a body moisturizer before but never on my face. It’s a really interesting idea and I will keep that in mind to try one day!

I’ve never tried the 2 products you’ve used before. I would love to commit to just a select few products but I’m such a product junkie and want to try everything. I’m lucky that my skin seems to adapt to new skincare fairly well. Currently loving my Saturday Skin cleanser which is so refreshing and when used with my forex it works really well at giving a great wash without leaving me feeling dry.