What new skincare products are you trialling?

skincare
What new skincare products are you trialling?

I’ve just received the freebie sample of Dermalogica Superfoliant. I’ve never tried anything like it (with the powdery formula that you turn into a paste with wet hands) but I’m quite liking it so far. Only used it twice so far so nothing noticeable but it does feel good.

Otherwise I just purchased the Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster which I’m using morning and night and I love it so far. My skin is definitely feeling more plump and soft. Tempted to try the Hylamide pore serum next!

What newbies have you guys been trying?

Good question! I have actually just bought a few products from Skinstitut - a brand I have never used before.

I got their Retinol Serum as I have been reading a lot lately about the power of retinol for anti ageing! Really enjoying it so far - it sinks into the skin so quickly! I use it every second day as apparently it can be pretty tough on the skin.

I also just ordered their eye cream, which also includes retinol. I’ve been using a Kiehls eye cream for SO LONG so I am excited to try something new - will report back with results!

Sounds good! I think I should try this as I am searching for the new products. Well from last 6 months I am using Aveeno Health Looking Radiance by https://www.reecoupons.com/view/perfume-emporium & the result is for sure great it helps me to reduce the scars of pimples that I was facing so long.

how does it go so far? I am considering Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster … can’t wait to see the results!

@marthawhite I’ve been using the Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster for a couple of weeks now and it’s lovely. I usually use mineral powder foundation most days so this is nice to put on underneath it to keep my skin a little more hydrated and plump. Since using this and the Pixi Glow peel pads my skin is feeling baby soft.

Although I’m thinking that when I finish this bottle I might try The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid because it’s such a good price!

I’ve started using the Medik8 Dermaroller - it’s an at home skin needling device. At first, it seemed little scary rolling needles all over my face, but with time and practice, I feel confident using it.

@Vanessa_W does it hurt?

Nope! You only apply very light pressure, and I’m pretty heavy handed!

What benefits are you seeing from it @Vanessa_W? I’ve heard about derma rollers a bit but a bit scared of them

I’ve only been using it for about four weeks, and haven’t noticed any change in the texture of my skin, but it’s still early days! I’ll make sure to keep you update @christined!

Please do! I did also consider going to a professional to get “skin needling” done which I think is with a derma roller too but the whole concept of putting numbing cream on my skin freaked me out so decided to avoid for now.

That does sound a little scary - I’d be a little cautious also. I’m not even too sure how long it takes to see results! Hopefully soon :crossed_fingers:t4:

I’m currently trialling the Hyaluronic Acid from The Ordinary. I don’t see visible changes yet but my skin feels less dry than it normally would be at this time of year. It certainly feels really nice smoothing it on after cleansing and my serums seems to spread further on my face and neck following this product.

@Vanessa_W I don’t think I’m ever going to be brave enough for the derma rollers! :astonished:

hey @tresnalee! It sounds and looks a lot scarier than it actually is.

Have you tried any other products from The Ordinary?

@tresnalee have you used the Hylamide Low Molecular HA Booster? Would be curious to see how The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid compares… I’m on the Hylamide at the moment and it’s lovely but I’m keen to try The Ordinary next, partially because the price is so good!

@Vanessa_W not yet! I bought my husband the moisturiser and I’m waiting to run down some other products before I get more. I am thinking of the Vitamin C suspension when my Aspect C runs out. Any experience with this one? The texture of the grainy bits sounds intriguing…

@tresnalee I haven’t used the Vitamin C Suspension before, but I’ve heard a lot of good things and customers are always on the hunt for it. I’m currently using The Ordinary- Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution, which has reduced the redness in my acne scars! Next time I’ll definitely purchase Vitamin C Suspension.

@Vanessa_W I’m now waiting for the Vitamin C to come back in stock but in the mean time I’ve been using my husbands moisturiser that I got him from The Ordinary and all I can say is WOW. I really love the consistency and how it absorbs so I’ve got my own order coming :slight_smile:

Try mixing the powder exfoliant with a cleansing balm. I mix mine with the oskia balm cleanser every now and again and really love the results :slight_smile:

oh this sounds interesting @nancypiche! How do the results differ if you mix in the cleansing balm?