What On Earth Is Cryotherapy?

What On Earth Is Cryotherapy?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/what-on-earth-is-cryotherapy/

Okay, so cryotherapy isn’t a new concept. In fact, it’s been used for hundreds of years in medicine, and still is to this day. Essentially, cryotherapy involves exposing the skin or body to extremely cold temperatures to reap a range of health benefits. And when this concept is applied to skincare, you get Vanessa Megan’s Fire & Frost Skin Refining Treatment.

How Does This Treatment Work?

This skin refining treatment requires no downtime, as natural Vitamin C warms the skin, then plunges the temperature of the dermal layers with the ice cube serum. Ice causes the blood vessels to constrict and then dilate, pulsing oxygen and nutrients into the skin cells. Extreme polar temperatures encourage deep absorption of powerful plant-based ingredients for the best results.

What are the benefits?

- Rich in Vitamin C, this treatment helps to even skin tone & reduce pigmentation
  • The Cryo Facelift Serum (in ice cube form) deeply hydrates the skin

• Rejuvenates & revives the skin for a brightened, refined appearance

• Helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores

• Ideal for sun damaged, ageing, pigmented, uneven skin

• This treatment can be used on most skin types except sensitive

• Promotes collagen production & skin cell regeneration

• Has anti-inflammatory properties & a refreshing effect on the skin

Buy it here

How to use the Fire & Frost Skin Refining Treatment:

If you're into at-home pampering like I am, your Friday night is now sorted. This DIY treatment takes about 30 minutes and leaves your skin feeling softer and looking brighter and more refined. I did this treatment on myself on a 40 degree day and it was so refreshing, my face felt amazing afterwards, and the cooling effect lasted for about an hour.

Step One: Prebiotic +C Brightening Exfoliator

- Warms the epidermis
  • Removes dead skin cells

• Prepares the skin to absorb potent, active ingredients

How to use: Mix powder with water into a paste and use your fingertips to exfoliate the entire face, neck and decolletage area. Work into the skin using circular motions before rinsing.

Step Two: Two-Phase Vitamin C

- Creates superficial trauma on the skin’s surface
  • Induces heat to help aid in collagen synthesis

• Also contains Bearberry extract to reduce pigmentation

How to use: Place a very small amount of Vitamin C powder into the palm of your hand. Add equal amounts of Vitamin C serum. Mix well until the powder has dissolved, and apply to the face, neck and decolletage area. This will cause the heat and you may feel a tingling sensation.

Step Three: Activator Rose Water

- Has an activating effect on the Vitamin C
  • Helps to deliver ingredients deeper into the skin

• This spray is also used after Step 4

How to use: Use the rose water spray to penetrate the Vitamin C deeper into the layers of the skin, and after using the ice cube serum.

Step Four: Frost Cryo Facelift

- Plunges the epidermal layer to lower temperatures
  • This causes the body to pump anti-inflammatory oxygen to the site

• Has an immediate plumping & lifting effect on the skin

How to use: Remove frozen ice cube treatment from the freezer, wrap in the supplied muslin cloth and apply directly over entire face, neck and decolletage area, using all the serum. Apply rose water to activate the serum and deliver it deeper into the layers of the skin, do not be afraid to firmly massage this into the skin. Any temporary redness will reduce in 10-15 minutes.

The Verdict:

I'm officially a cryotherapy convert - this treatment has my tick of approval 100%. It's certainly effective for brightening and refining the skin, which you'll notice immediately afterwards. My skin's texture was soft and supple, and the cooling effect of the serum in ice cube form was like no other treatment I've ever experienced.

This treatment makes your skin feel so revived, it’s perfect for when your skin is looking dull, or you feel like it needs a boost. I’m planning on doing a Fire & Frost Treatment once a month to freshen up my skin. It’s not for those on a time limit though - this is a treatment you should take your time with, so I wouldn’t recommend it for when you’re on the run.

Buy Vanessa Megan Fire & Frost Skin Refining Treatment here