What's on your nails right now?

What's on your nails right now?

I do office work and I did find it started to look a bit ‘meh’ (like crack lines from my nail flexing) after about 4 or 5 days which I was disappointed with considering the amazing wear I get on my toes. I peeled it off myself after 6 days :redcheeks:

What’s on your nails right now?

Mine did well with 2 weeks and I almost got 3 weeks but they started to look shabby and it was hard to avoid housework and cleaning lol I get 2 days out of a regular manicure

Got my nails “Gellac”-ed this morning. Colour is called Bare Essential - a pale peachy nude colour. Looks lovely and neat and clean. I hope it lasts well.

What’s Gellac?

After a week, my Shellac are still flawless!

It’s the same as Shellac but the brand is Gellac.

[QUOTE=Angela Leigh;456177]It’s the same as Shellac but the brand is Gellac.[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh so I wasn’t going crazy! I was getting confused between Gellac and Shellac a few weeks ago thinking they were the same thing. :chuckle:

My toenail polish is all chipped, I need to re-do… maybe later in the week.

[QUOTE=elmo;456233]Oh my gosh so I wasn’t going crazy! I was getting confused between Gellac and Shellac a few weeks ago thinking they were the same thing. :chuckle:[/QUOTE]

They are essentially the same thing, just different names/brands.

There are a few different ones around, I think Shellac is a CND brand. Even OPI has a variety but they call theirs Axxium.

[QUOTE=Angela Leigh;456161]Got my nails “Gellac”-ed this morning. Colour is called Bare Essential - a pale peachy nude colour. Looks lovely and neat and clean. I hope it lasts well.[/QUOTE]

o o o let me know how it holds up Ange,I really want to give one of these a go soon.just need to find a salon:holmes:

[QUOTE=lilbabybeetroot;456260]o o o let me know how it holds up Ange,I really want to give one of these a go soon.just need to find a salon:holmes:[/QUOTE]

I just got it done at a local cheapy chain nail salon (Pearl Nails if you have them out west). I am a bit disappointed that they started lifting in a couple of places after 24 hours. Overall, they still look quite good, I am probably just being overly critical. They haven’t chipped at all so far which is a huge plus (I am a bit OCD about chipped nail polish - I can’t stand it!!). I am really enjoying them looking all neat and tidy and shiny though.

Will give you the final verdict after a few more days :waving:

Well my Shellac is now a week and three days running - NO CHIPS.

I have a feeling the Shellac is highly dependant on the technician!

[QUOTE=Pixie;456274]I have a feeling the Shellac is highly dependant on the technician![/QUOTE]

I agree. I don’t think that the girl that did mine was very good.

I’ll have to try and find a more reputable salon near me that does it.

Yup, I think the lady who did my finger nails (different to where I went for my toes) didn’t do proper job either, having heard that other peoples look so good after long periods :shakehead:

Oh, that’s a poo. I would’ve thought using the same product yields similar results. She put a few layers on mine with a base and top coat and UV lights.

I am so happy with my Shellac, I have never had nails last so long and I find painting and waiting for them to dry such a hassle…and I never do them neatly, right up to the edges of each side of the nail and right down to the cuticle so I can see myself having this as a regular investment. :slight_smile:

I keep seeing pics in blogs of 2 week old Shellac manis. They look better than mine did after 2 days!!

I really love the idea of it though so hopefully I can find someone near me that does it well.

that sucks Angela,I’d be peeved and wanting a refund.Can’t seem to find a salon anywhere near me,only people that do it mobile or from home,and I haven’t decided if I want to go that way.

Ulta3 Orchid - lovely colour but not too impressed with the new formula :frowning:

Does anyone know if you can use say OPI or Essie colours and then use Shellac topcoat on top to set it? WOuld it work for as long?

Anyway, I just did my toes in Essie Chinchilly.

[QUOTE=Pixie;456417]Does anyone know if you can use say OPI or Essie colours and then use Shellac topcoat on top to set it? WOuld it work for as long?[/QUOTE]

There seems to be mixed opinions about this from what I have seen from Google-ing. Most people seem to have tried using Shellac base coat, regular polish then Shellac top coat (google “Shellac sandwich manicure”). Some people say that you can as long as you make sure that the nail poish is [I]completely[/I] dry before you apply the top coat. Apparently if the nail polish is not completely dry the top coat ends up looking “wrinkled”.

The other option, which seems to work well for most, is to do the Shellac base and top coats and then put regular polish and top coat over it like you would on natural nails. Most seem to find that normal polish lasts longer over the gel that on natural nails.

Hope that helps Pixie :waving:

[B][U]UPDATE:[/U][/B] Got the first chip in my Gellac mani yesterday after 4 days and they have all lifted around the cuticle. I am going to try to tollerate it until Saturday when I will have time to remove it.