What's This Leading MUA's Favourite Foundation?

What's This Leading MUA's Favourite Foundation?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/whats-this-leading-muas-favourite-foundation/

By Normie is one of our most talented celebrity makeup artists, and has painted the faces of Aussie icons like Jesinta Campbell, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Sophie Faulkiner and our CEO, Kate Morris.

Kate was quick to report back on a little secret Normie shared with her - his favourite foundation (which he used on her, by the way). It’s Clinique’s Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer.

A post shared by Clinique Australia (@clinique_oz) on Jun 5, 2017 at 1:53pm PDT

“My favourite Sydney makeup artist (Normie G) put me onto this foundation. It’s awesome for special events and photos - it’s full coverage and doesn’t flash white in photos - but best of all it looks like skin, only more perfect obviously! My skin tends towards dryness so I find that many other full coverage foundations are too matte and drying. I apply it with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.”

What You Need To Know:

• It’s a foundation and concealer in one formula

• Provides semi-matte, medium to full coverage

• It has quite a lightweight, hydrated feel

• It covers imperfections while keeping the skin comfortable

• It doesn’t clog pores, and stays put even in heat & humidity

• Suitable for all skin types, available in 22 shades

• It’s super long-wearing and oil-free

• Can be used as a full face foundation or to spot conceal

Buy it here

A post shared by bynormie (@bynormie) on Aug 11, 2015 at 3:06pm PDT

What's Normie's Verdict?

"This foundation is suitable for all ages, in my opinion. It's a hydrating formula, but I don't feel the need to use a powder - it can give you full coverage or light coverage, depending on how you apply it.

I love that when you apply this foundation to the skin, it looks like skin. It just moulds in, perfecting the complexion at the same time. The concealer factor of the product gives you that extra coverage and longevity if you need it.

I usually apply it as an all-over foundation, allow it to settle, then go in again using it as a concealer. The wand applicator is excellent and minimises any product wastage, so I only use the amount of foundation I need."

A post shared by bynormie (@bynormie) on Sep 2, 2016 at 12:53am PDT

How To Use:

If you’d like a dewy finish, Normie recommends mixing a liquid highlighter into your foundation to get a radiant look. For a matte finish, he skips the liquid highlighter and allows it to dry down after application to it’s natural finish.

Simply use the wand applicator to scoop out the amount of product you require, then use a foundation brush, damp blending sponge or clean fingertips to blend the product evenly into the skin.

Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper on the skin when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, the foundation will blend seamlessly with your skin.

Buy it here

A post shared by bynormie (@bynormie) on Oct 17, 2016 at 1:29pm PDT

What's Everyone Saying?

Our resident makeup artist, Vanessa, also tried out this foundation - this is what she thought:

"This product is great for any makeup artist's kit, for a couple of reasons. It's cuts out the need for additional concealers, so you can shrink your kit down if you're limited with space. Concealers can have a much heavier consistency than a foundation, with a different colour, finish or texture which can make the makeup look unnatural, but as this product is 2-in-1, you won’t encounter this problem.

It feels very lightweight on the skin and will stay put all day through any humidity. It photographs beautifully ensuring the skin looks flawless, with no flashback! It comes in an array of undertones - pink,golden and neutral and the shades will suit anyone who is from a light-medium deep skin tone."

★★★★★ Lightweight full coverage - Jessica

"I've searched everywhere for a lightweight full coverage foundation that doesn't break me out, and this is the first product that has not let me down. I've owned numerous high end foundations and this is the best one I've tried."

★★★★★ Long lasting, not drying - Sue

"I have spent copious amounts of money on foundations that make promises and do not deliver, while this foundation is truly perfecting, has great coverage and lasts all day - worth every cent, definitely re-purchasing!"

★★★★★ I really like it - Kim

"I purchased this after seeing it on YouTube. I was worried I wasn't going to like it as I have oily-ish skin and have trouble keeping foundations on my skin, but I really like it. The coverage is great, colour stays true until you wash it off and stays all day without being dry looking. I use either my fingers or a dense brush to apply and both work really well."

Buy Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer Here