What's your evening skincare routine?

What's your evening skincare routine?
0.0 0

Seeing as it’s just about that time of night for me… Let’s jump on the evening skincare routine bandwagon. I definitely do more in the evenings than I do in the mornings, partially because I have more time and also because I feel it’s much easier to throw product on my skin before bed when I know I won’t be trying to wear it around in public or trying to juggle with makeup. I do also swap it up a bit between products…

So here we go :sunglasses:

• I like to use a natural cleanser. Currently I’m on Summer Salt’s ‘Soothe Me’ Milk cleanser (but really keen to try a few alternatives if anyone has ideas for natural cleansers? )

• If I feel like I need a bit more oomph or something to dig the dirt out of my pores I use Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore cleanser.

• I use organic cold pressed rosehip oil to remove any extra makeup around my eyes and also just to keep things moisturised around the delicate eye area.

• Occasionally I’ll use an anti ageing serum like Ole Henriksen Truth serum collagen booster

• When I feel like my skin needs a smooth over I’ll throw on some Neostrata Ultra Smoothing lotion which can be a bit stingy but really smoothes my skin!

What’s your evening ritual? I love to dabble with new skincare products so throw 'em at me ladies :dizzy:

So keen to hear what people say on this one. I have been following a pretty basic routine for a number of years, so I’m keen to shake it up!

1. I use a makeup remover wipe first to get rid of foundation and tough mascara. Nothing flash - just from the supermarket, but it works!

2. Cleansing time! Right now I am using the SKII Facial Treatment Cleanser. It’s a foaming cleanser and smells deelish. Previously I have used Kiehls Daily Cleanser and also the NUDE Oil cleanser. I love them all but have a theory it is good to shake it up every now and then - shock the skin!

3. I follow this with either the Kiehls toner or the SKII midday miracle essence.

4. I alternate between basic rosehip oil or the Skinstitut Retinol serum, which I just purchased. I really like the way it feels and am convinced my skin is clearer after just a few uses.

5. Moisturise! Currently using the SKII RNA power - it goes on so smooth! I also love Dermologica moisturisers.

• If I have makeup on I will use a facial wipe (the coconut scented ones from kmart smell amazing!), and use the Lancome Bi-Facial eye makeup remover
  • For cleanser I use the O Cosmedics gentle antioxidant cleanser (again smells so good!).
  • To exfoliate I was using the St. Ives apricot scrub but have recently heard it may do more damage than good so am about to try the Frank Body face scrub (have used the tester and my skin glows after using it)
  • Next I use toner from Pixi skintreats called Glow Tonic, which as the name says, makes your skin glowy
  • This past week i have just started using a serum from Clarins called the hydra-essential intensive bi-phase serum which is just amazing! (Super hyrdrating).
  • For my night cream I use the Clarins multi-active nuit cream for normal to combo skin which again, leaves my skin even more hydrated
  • Lastly i finish off with my Hydro-boost eye cream from Neutrogena. It certainly takes away any puffiness but i’m now more looking for an eye cream for dark circles instead.

Admittedly I haven’t changed this for a while but it works for my sensitive combination skin.

Make up remover- Dermalogica pre cleanse with the sponge cloth… I also use Garnier Micellar Water to remove my mascara since I hate how my mascara stains the sponge cloth!

Cleanser- Cetephil Gentle Skin Cleanser (cheap and effective)

Mist- Avene Eau Thermale

Serum- Aspect pigment punch

Moisturiser- Trilogy Rosapene night cream mixed with a few drops of the rosehip oil antioxidant plus as well as Hylamide hyaluronic acid

Once a week on 2 separate nights after cleansing I use the Dermalogica daily superfoliant and microfoliant. I know they can be used daily but as someone with sensitive skin I find once a week each is sufficient.

My skin can’t tolerate AHAs nor Vit C products so I keep if fairly simple:

Cleanse with ASAP Gentle Skin Cleanser using the Clarisonic

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repairs
Aspect Pigment Punch

(A lot I know by they are all doing a great job!)

The Ordinary Natural Moisturisinf Factors

Finally this routine has helped to combat my hormonal acne and post pregnant pigmentation

I’ve been using the below products for the past 3-4 weeks now.

1. Cosmedix Purity Clean Exfoliating Cleanser
  2. Cosmedix Purity Balance Exfoliating Prep
  3. Cosmedix Define Resurfacing Treatment (I’ve only just started using a retinol - love it so far!)
  4. Cosmedix Clarity Serum
    And then I alternate between:
  5. Aspect Extreme B 17 or
  6. asap DNA Renewal Treatment

I end up going through phases where I’ll use everything from one particular brand (with a few exceptions), so obviously at the moment I’m loving Cosmedix!

I’m probably due for a shake up but this has been my night routine for the last year or so:

1. Cosmedix Benefit Clean Gentle Cleanser (twice if I have makeup up)
  2. Cosmedix Define Resurfacing Treatment (5ish times a week)
  3. Aspect Phytostat 9

A couple of times a month I stick on some of the Lonvitalite 24k Gold eye masks and terrify my family :ghost:

I use a few different products at the moment…

1. I remove my makeup with Innoxa Oil cleanser (in a white bottle). It’s amazing at melting my makeup and only $10AUD from Priceline!
  2. I then use my banana face cleanser from “Oh!Deer Sugar”. This smells heavenly and works so nicely on my oily combo skin… (If I’m having a shower, then I’ll use the Lush Dark Angels instead).
  3. I tone with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner
  4. I sometimes will chemically exfoliate (a few times a week if needed) with The Ordinary Salicylic Acid. Prior to this I was using the Paula’s Choice equivalent and have not noticed much of a difference except for texture of the product. I will in all likelihood go back to Paula’s Choice when The Ordinary one is finished as I feel it’s easier to distribute over my face evenly.
  5. I use The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin with HA. I find this provides a real “stickiness” to my face that helps other serums to sink in well. Apart from that, haven’t noticed much of a change in my skin… I have the huge “Chemistry Brand” from Priceline pump bottle of hyalauronic acid in my bathroom and will probably just use this once the Alpha Arbutin is finished and see if there’s a difference.
  6. I then use Paula’s Choice Vitamin C Booster and Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age on my face.
  7. I use Hylamide SubQ for Eyes on my eyelids and under eye areas. This has helped so much with crepey undereyes. I love it.
  8. I don’t moisturize immediately after as my skin needs time for all this to sink in…
  9. At the moment, I’m using the Origins Plantscription Powerful Overnight Lifting Mask (what a mouthful!). I’m using it all up as it was expensive… but… while it makes my skin feel supple and smooth, I hate the fact that it does not sink into my skin and transfers all over my pillow. I think I’ll be on the hunt for another overnight cream when this one runs out.

Anybody got any ideas for changes/suggestions? I’m open :slight_smile:

@saralewis Sounds like you have a pretty awesome routine down pat. I’m curious about the Hylamide SubQ! How have you noticed it’s improved under your eyes and how long did it take etc?

Hi @christined!! I have found it decreases puffiness, has helped with undereye darkness (though to be fair I didn’t have a lot to begin with). It’s helped with small little wrinkles I was starting to get under my eyes, and I find it’s moisturizing without being oily (as I was experiencing with other products).

I do have to say that sometimes I will need a little more moisture so I’ll use the Lush under eye cream (little bit) and it helps considerably. I use this once a week at night.

I also use it on my eyelids and up to my brow bone… while I’m young I feel it’s helped prevent my skin below my brow bone from drooping so much (I have slightly hooded eyes).

I have just ordered the Skinstitut firming eye cream. I thought I’d give it a whirl. :slight_smile: I’m a bit of a skin care junkie, so I’m always trying something new :slight_smile:

Thanks @saralewis… I’m in a similar boat undereye wise… just starting to get very fine creases and I have the slightly hooded eye scenario as well :stuck_out_tongue: ! Will have to put Hylamide SubQ on the wish list!

Best of luck! You can buy it from Priceline or deciem directly. The subq for eyes :slight_smile:

My morning and night routines differ a bit because I don’t use retinol during the day.

1. Either a hot cloth cleanse with Ren Skincare Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser, or with Cetaphil sensitive skin wash, depending on how dirty my skin feels.
  2. If I feel like it, the Dickinson’s Witch Hazel toner.
  3. The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% solution around my chin where I get breakouts.
  4. Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion moisturiser.

1. Remove makeup with Avene Cleanance micellar water.
  2. Hot cloth cleanse with the Ren Rosa Centifolia. (this stuff is amazing honestly, and smells so great it’s such a treat to use)
  3. Witch hazel toner if I feel like it.
  4. The Ordinary Salicylic acid on my problem area.
  5. Ultraceuticals Ultra A Skin Perfecting Serum Concentrate on areas with large pores, acne scars, fine lines
  6. Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Moisture Cushion

I’m waiting on Alpha H Liquid Gold to come back into stock here so I can incorporate that a couple of times weekly! I have always wanted to try it.

Or from Adore Beauty :wink:

Morning routine :sunny:

Cleanse: Sodashi Balancing Cleanser
Acid tone: Nip + Fab Extreme Glycolic Pads
Spritz: Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray
Eyes: Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Gel
Vitamin C Serum: Medik8 C-Tetra
Booster: Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic Acid
Moisturise: Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme
SPF: Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 30 Mineral Gel Cream

Yes, I like to pack in the moisture for the day! :droplet::droplet::droplet:

Night routine :crescent_moon:

First cleanse: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse
Second Cleanse: Sodashi Balancing Cleanser
Acid tone: Nip + Fab Extreme Glycolic Pads OR Alpha-H Liquid Gold every third night
Spritz: Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray
Eyes: Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Gel
Serum: ASAP Super B Complex
Facial Oil: Sodashi Balancing Serum (but not when I’ve used Liquid Gold. I don’t like putting heavily, essential oil-based products on top of my skin when it’s more sensitised).
Moisturise: Alpha-H Essential Hydration Cream

On the to-do list is a retinol product, but my research is yet to land me on the one I want to commit to. It will be my first go on retinol so I’m very cautious.

@hayleybarbarich. Retinol products - I used the retinol booster from Paula’s Choice for a while. I only used twice a week to start with until my skin got used to it, then I used a little more and then every other day. However, I now use the stable retinoid from “The Ordinary”. Same thing, mix with other serums and use as much or as little as you like. I’m finding it’s really good, just get your skin used to the products first by starting slow. Beauty is that it can be mixed with other serums so you don’t need a whole new serum in your skin care routine :smile:

@KateMorrisCEO - Hi Kate! I had no idea you guys stocked this! Excited! I’ll totally be buying it from Adore Beauty from now on. Thanks!

so how was your experience with Skinstitut firming eye cream? is it good? I’m curious because my friend is also using it but I am not convinced yet

I’ve been using it every day but I don’t think I’ve been using it long enough to see results. My under eye is slightly less dry and I’ve noticed a slight difference in puffiness but that’s about it…I’ll keep trying it and report when it’s finished I guess, but it’s huge so that’ll take a while