What's your evening skincare routine?

skincare
routine
evening
ritual
What's your evening skincare routine?

will be looking forward to that.

I have recently made a comeback to skincare routines after an embarrassing 2 year hiatus and my skin is just so happy to finally get some love and attention again!
Night time routine:
Cleanser is Essano Rosehip Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser and my Clarisonic Mia 2 with a sensitive brush. Some time ago I read that expensive cleansers are not much more effective than cheaper ones, so I’ve opted to go for gentle low cost cleansers. I’m eyeing out Sukin to find my next cleanser. Any thoughts on cheap vs exxy cleansers?
Next I use Alpha H Liquid Gold 2-3 nights per week. I love love love it. I have purchased an Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose and can’t wait to give it a try.
If it’s not a liquid gold night, I use Alpha H Essential Hydration Cream with Skinstitute Vitamin C 100% mixed through. My skin has been clear, bright and hydrated while using these products. I am looking at incorporating something else though - considering The Ordinary Buffet (the low cost investment) or Alpha H Vitamin Profiling collection (the $$$ investment). They’re not really the same thing and I’ll probably end up getting both eventually. It’s more about me resisting the ‘add to bag’ button on my Adore Beauty wishlist whilst hovering over the Alpah H products!

Morning routine is quick and simple:
A quick swish with Essano Rosehip Micellar water, Sukin hydrating mist toner, Hylamide hyaluronic acid (I love watching the lines disappear as I rub it in) and Skinstitute Moisture Defence - Ultra Dry (it smells lovely). And I know the big missing factor is the SPF. They always make me break out. I have been eyeing out Aspect Hydra Shield SPF15+. Has anyone used this? Or have any other recommendations?

@lillastore So many things in here I want to jump in about!
Firstly - I’ve been eyeing off the Alpha H Gold/Rose. How exactly has it improved your skin? I’ve previously used Neostrata’s AHA smoothing lotion which is awesome for smoothing my skin out and keeping it soft. Is the Alpha H just a different brand that does the same thing?

I’m totally with you on cheaper cleansers. I really think simpler is better and am a big fan of keeping it natural. I’ve previously even made up my own oil based cleanser using castor oil and olive oil and it’s worked great! I do love the sound of a Rosehip cleanser though. Is that one a cheapie?

As far as sunscreen goes. I’m usually pretty naughty and tend forego it as well. However, during summer I’ve recently started using a brand called Devita Solar Protective 30+ Moisturiser which is a natural zinc based mineral sunscreen. I can’t rave enough about it! It’s not greasy and it blends into my skin really well and doesn’t leave a white residue like most zinc sunscreens. Only thing is it’s not waterproof but I only use it for day time wear anyway so it works perfectly for me!

I think Liquid Gold is a stronger version of the Neostrata AHA smoothing lotion. Liquid Gold makes my skin bright, soft and hydrated. It boggles my mind that I place an acid on my skin with no moisturiser afterwards and my skin is so plump the next morning. Although I’m not prone to breakouts, if I see a pimple developing a dose of liquid gold literally stops it in its tracks. I watched the a video of the founder of Alpha H talking about the Liquid Gold Rose and this formulation will target skin concerns that the original one does not such as redness and being more kind to sensitive skin - things which tick boxes for me!
The Essano Rosehip cleanser is $13 at Coles/Woolworths and is reguarly discounted too. A winner! But I’m fickle, so I think the Sukin oil cleanser will be next for me.
I will definitely follow up on your sunscreen recommendation - it is so essential living on the east coast in Australia - the sun is out and about every day!

So I am one of those people that gave up on never having acne. Since I was 12, my mum had me try everything under the sun. Including medications, detoxes, medicated lotions. EVERYTHING!
In my late 20’s now, I had heard about Alhpa-H and saw that Adore beauty stocked it with free delivery! So I took a last ditched effort to improve my skin.
People say I am now unrecognizable. They cant believe I walk around without makeup now.
My routine (after watching owner of AlphaH explain routine that suits my skin type on TVSN)…

Night:

1. AlphaH triple action cleanser. Removes all my makeup in 1 go!
  2. AlphaH Liquid Gold
  3. Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
  4. Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
  5. Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Alternate Night;

1. AlphaH triple action cleanser.
  2. Alpha-H Instant Facial
  3. Alpha-H Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum
  4. Alpha-H Clear Skin Blemish Control Gel for any sneaky pimples
  5. Nuxe Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Eye Cream

Morning:

1. Alpha-H Instant Facial
  2. Alpha-H Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream
  3. Makeup

One per week before nightly routine:

1. Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing + Perfecting Mask (20min)
  2. Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba Oil was Purifying Clay Mask (20min)

It works for me. Started with basics, wash. liquid gold and moisturizer. Worked my way up to full product range. TVSN was great way to get info on right products for me. Then bought on Adore Beauty for better price and free postage, as well as promos and my fav timtam!

@annettebisinella you’ve sold me on the liquid gold! It’s in the basket for my next purchase. Just one quick question… does it sting when you apply it?

I have had no irritation from it at all. If you have sensitive skin, best you use the rose gold instead. This is formulated specifically for people that cannot handle the strength of liquid gold…Added bonus. Liquid gold also stops ageing and wrinkles. Glycolic acid, you want it on your face all day everyday!

I’m working up to a more rigorous night time routine.

Cleanse: Swisse Hydrating Cleanser
Serum: The Jojoba Company - Ultimate Jojoba Youth Potion paying particular attention around my eyes
Moisturiser: DIY moisturiser with shea butter, aloe Vera, Vitamin E & Lavender Essential oil

Looking to buy The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 - to use every night for hydration
Plus - The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% - to use every other night

Let me know if you have suggestions/recommendations?
And any recommendations for a good night cream? Maybe The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - since I’m on The Ordinary skincare band wagon? :slight_smile:

I love reading everyones skin care routines! Im all over the place with mine as I love trying new things but these are what I mostly stick with.

Cleanse- This is the one I switch up the most. Currently using Kora Organics gel cleanser as it smells absolutely divine and works well. I will use basically any gentle and natural cleanser available at the time with Swisse and Sukin being some of my favorites.

At night I follow this with ASAP Exfoliating scrub

Then I either use Aspect Pigment punch or rosehip oil as a serum.

I was using Kora eye cream and have just run out. May repurchase as it worked so well

For moisturizer I have been using Moogoo recently (all over) and find it works well

Of a day I use Aspect HydraShield or a natural baby sunscreen if I’ve run out of that.

Serum and sunscreen are the two most important to me. The rest just have to smell nice,be natural and not irritate my sensitive skin!

Hi MarthaWhite,

So I’ve been using this for a while now. It’s soothing, non-irritating, but I can’t say that I noticed a huge difference until I started to use it in conjunction with the Lonvitalite 24K Gold and Collagen under eye masks. These make such a HUGE difference to my undereye area - and my husbands too! They are available at AdoreBeauty.

I would not repurchase the skinstitut firming eye cream on the basis that it has no spf. I really want to find an eye cream with spf content. I figure I spend a small fortune on the ASAP skin care range (which is amazing btw) so I should be using spf everywhere. I’m lazy, and I want it in my eye cream. I have my eye on the Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15 for my next purchase. Though, the skinstitut is likely to last me a long time!

Hope my review helps :slight_smile:

Mine is pretty simple:

1. Rub jurlique cleansing oil on face
  2. Remove using a halo pad rinsed in warm water
  3. Apply Jurlique age defying eye cream
  4. Apply Jurlique age defying cream

Its all very gentle and the halo pad and oil combination is divine. I hate splashing water around in my face.

Mine is pretty extensive!! I do a double or even triple cleanse at night.

1. Oil cleanse (palmers skin therapy oil cleanser) all over my face, neck, eyes, lips, to break up all waterproof make up and sunscreen. I use a cloth the wipe it off

2. Gentle cleanser (skinstitut) over face, eyes, neck. Wipe in gentle circles with cloth and rinse

3. Lactic acid cleanser (skinstitut), i lather my face and neck for 30 seconds in the shower and rinse clean. i use this as a third cleanse on my nights off from alpha H liquid gold for gentle exfoliation.

4. Toner mist (skinstitut active mist) to face, allow to dry.

5. Argireline (the ordinary)- 3-4 drops applied to dynamic wrinkles on forehead.

5.Alpha H liquid gold every second night, as my last step, unless I follow with skinstitut ultra dry moisturizer if i feel i need it or i just apply liquid gold without it for a more intensive treatment.

1. Matrixyl (the ordinary) I use this on days off liquid gold. I apply about 5 drops to whole face, eye area and neck.

2. Moisturizer (skinstitut ultra dry)- i mix it with skinstitut vitamin c powder on my days off alpha H- applied to whole face, neck and eye area.

This routine has given me amazing results. People often comment on my skin and how good it looks. I have been doing this about 6 months and now i basically never get any breakouts, or even an odd pimple. I have always been prone to pimples since puberty (i am 35 now) I wish i had taken care of my skin better earlier in life. My forehead lines have diminished alot too. In fact someone just commented the other day when i told her my age that she thought i was about 28, and how could i be 35 and have no wrinkles on my forehead! (i do have wrinkles on my forehead btw, but they are faint and have been improving over time, which is nice as when they started appearing i thought they were only going to get worse) Ill add though that i have just completed a series of microdermabrasion (6 session over three months) and i think that really super charged things) I am going to do a professional peel in a month or so.