What's your favorite skin care brand?

What's your favorite skin care brand?
0.0 0

I’m interested to know what’s everyone’s favorite skin care brand.

I’m looking to buy some new products as the ones I bought previously are not available in Australia.
I have sensitive, dehydrated skin. So I’m focusing on brands that are more friendly to sensitive skin.

I’d love to hear any recommendations but also your own favorite brands based on your own skin type (don’t forget to mention your skin type though for clarity :wink: )

@katrinazabarte I’m combination skin and I can’t pick just one! I’ve got my routine and just love different products and brands for what they’re good for. I think Alpha-H is amazing for skin smoothing and giving skin more of an overhaul. But I also love Hylamide for their Hyaluronic Acid and can’t go past The Ordinary for affordable products - I love their Squalane oil and The Buffet!j

Hi, girls! :slight_smile:

I am new to adore beauty!

I am a Skin Care Consultant, and my reccomendation must go to Eucerin.

@christined I’ve been hearing a lot about The Ordinary brand actually but I’ve never tried it. And I’ve just looked up Hylamide because of your post and seems pretty good. Now just got to add them to my wishlist :yum:
The different thing with me though is once I find a good brand, I tend to what to use that brand’s other products as well. I especially like it when the product is cruelty free and organic

@brigitteevans thanks for the recommendation. I’ll be looking into that brand now :slight_smile:

@katrinazabarte The Ordinary is awesome and so reasonably priced! Definitely check it out. If you like cruelty free and organic Inika is awesome for make-up but they don’t do skin care at this stage unfortunately. Black Chicken is probably quite good for natural skin care although I’ve only tried their deodorant - which is excellent.

Hi, @katrinazabarte

Yap, it is great especially for acne-prone skin :slight_smile:

@christined I was just looking at getting the Inika primer actually! I have added it to my wishlist. I found out about it from one of the articles of Adore Beauty. Also on the topic of deodorant, I was also interested in using natural deodorant actually. How was your experience with it?

I cannot recommend Aesop enough.
I have similar skin to yours - sensitive, combination but dehydrated over the past 6 months. I have been using:

• Aesop purifying cream cleanser (so gently on the skin, slight fragrance but nothing over the top)
  • Aesop B&T Toner (gentle, citrus/flower fragrance but very soothing)
  • Aesop Parsley Seed anti oxidant serum (very gentle, can layer other moisturisers on top)
  • The Original organic cold-pressed rosehip seed oil mixed with Olay moisturising lotion as a night cream or rosehip oil with sunscreen for day use

@karhys thank you so much for the detailed response!! That’s so helpful :slight_smile: I’ll be sure to check those out. I just recently got the Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 gel. I quite like it. I use it before my moisturiser and it doesn’t feel sticky. It gets absorbed really quickly. It’s literally right after I massage it in, the serum is absorbed leaving my skin feeling refreshed without any sticky residue. I feel it better preps my skin for the moisturiser that I place right after.

I also got the Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Masque. I haven’t tried it yet as I wait a couple of weeks before trying another new product on my skin (in case of any reactions, I would know the culprit :stuck_out_tongue: ). Based on reviews though, it sounds pretty good for calming the skin so I’m pretty excited to try it out

@katrinazabarte my experience with the Black Chicken Axilla Deodorant Paste has been AMAZING! Look here’s the thing - with a natural deodorant you are still going to sweat because it’s aluminium which is the active ingredient in “normal” deodorants which stops the sweating. However, it is SO GOOD at stopping you from smelling and I find that I also don’t sweat as much. Although if I have an event where I have to wear a nice silk dress or something I would probably use normal deodorant just because the sweat patches might show and look terrible. I was just in the Philippines in tropical hot weather though and my natural Black Chicken Deodorant held up really well. I highly recommend it. You could always start with the small version to try it?

I love Caudalie. It’s so gentle on the skin and smells so nice. I have normal skin which can have dry patches. You also can’t go past Alpha H liquid gold.

@christined thanks for that! I saw they have a version for sensitive skin. I’ve added the mini to my wishlist for my next Adore purchase :slight_smile:

@anabeldipaolo I’ve been hearing quite a bit about the Alpha H brand actually. Hm, i’ll look into it more then :slight_smile:

I love Alpha -H :slight_smile: their masks and cleansers are lovely

Trilogy has dons me well for years. Im now 36, sensitive combination skin that burns easily.
I have used the trilogy rosehip oil for 10+ years and my skin looks great. I am adding some serums etc for some pigmentation issues but otherwise love trilogy.

Im also a huge Dermalogica and the Ordinary fan.

I have sensitive, oily skin and I love the brand Pai. It is a natural and mainly organic brand that is made for sensitive skin. I use the Camellia and Rose Hydrating cleanser and the Chamomile and Rosehip Calming moisturiser. The Rosehip Oil also has fantastic reviews but at the moment I am using the Trilogy oil

@laurabassett I’m hearing quite a lot about Alpha H. I should definitely try it. And! I just recently realized my recent purchase came with a sample from Alpha H. It was the Absolute Eye Complex with Cucumber and Vitamin B5. Pretty excited to try it! :slight_smile:

@lisatarasenko I tried Trilogy before but can’t remember why I stopped. I’m currently using Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel though. It’s a serum that I use before the full moisturiser and I find it absorbs really quickly.

Also, I’ve used Dermalogica before, which I loved because I would never get any bad reactions with their products (excepts for toners but that’s just for all products - my skin doesn’t like toners :frowning: ). But I switched to other products because at some point, the effects on my skin plateaud, essentially not working anymore

@jenna I’ve never heard of the brand before but I am intrigued. I love it when the product is cruelty free and organic. Sadly, not all the products I use currently are the above but I’m hoping to switch to ones that are more ethical