What's your morning skincare routine?

What's your morning skincare routine?
5.0 1

I’ve been a disciplined skincare junkie since the age of 14 (thanks mum! :grinning:) I love learning about new products that can evolve with my skin as I get older and I’m always curious what others use. I’d love to learn more about your morning routine and ,if you’re up for it, how old you are!

I’m 35 and here’s my morning routine:

• Cosmedix benefit cleanse
  • 1-2 times per week Cosmedix Pure Enzymes mask
  • Aspect Serum Extreme B17 & Extreme C
  • Aspect Phytostat 9
  • NEW —> Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye lift (scored a sample of this recently and I’m amazed at how it improves my dark circles! :sunglasses:)
  • Cosmedix Reflect Sunscreen

I really noticed the difference moving on to this routine a couple of years ago but wonder if it’s time to up the anti?

I keep things pretty simple with mine! :slight_smile:

-I usually just start the morning with a splash of cold water on my face. I generally save using a cleanser for the evenings to get dirt and makeup off but if I’m using one in the morning it’s just something simple like cetaphil
-I swear by rosehip oil!! It’s my go to. I use it to remove eye make-up but also always put a drop or two under my eyes during the day to keep those creases at bay. Trilogy do a great organic rosehip oil which I often use.
-I don’t really use a sunscreen but I usually use a light dusting of mineral foundation which contains zinc so helps to act as a natural sunscreen. I’ve juggled between several brands but Inika is my favourite.

That’s it for my morning routine. I have to admit I probably dig a bit deeper with my bedtime skin routine though!

I recently switched up my routine because me skin was incredibly aggravated. I had a huge breakout of cystic acne that felt like it just wouldn’t go away! I went to a dermatologist who recommended the following, which is what I’ve been using for the past 3 weeks and my skin has calmed down incredibly!

1. Cleanse with Cosmedix Purity Clean Exfoliating Cleanser
  2. Tone with Cosmedix Purity Balance Exfoliating Prep
  3. Treat with Cosmedix Clarity Serum
  4. Moisturise with Aspect Extreme B 17

It’s not cheap, but it was totally worth the investment. You really can’t put a price on feeling good and getting your confidence back! :slight_smile:

I’m not a morning person, especially not before my coffee… I save everything complicated for the evening!

• Cleanse with Bioderma Sensibio H2O - I prefer to use micellar water in the morning just to remove the active ingredients. Seems to work very well, I’ve been doing this for years and it’s helped with sensitivities.

• Serum - either The Ordinary Niacinamide or Hyaluronic Acid. I have been using the Niacinamide much more often, it’s been doing wonders for my redness and seems to be getting me closer to being able to skip tinted moisturiser…

• Moisturise & SPF - Ultraceuticals Matte SPF50. MAN this stuff is good, like holy grail, can’t be bothered trying other sunscreens good.

My evening skincare routine is a bit more… of an event :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty simple morning routine…

Cleanse- I wipe my face over with Garnier Micellar water and then cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser

Mist- Avene Eau Thermale as its cooling and resfreshing

Serum- Aspect pigment punch but looking to swap that soon with Aspect B 17 and keep pigment punch for night time

Sunscreen/moisturiser- Alpha H protection plus daily spf 50+ which is great under make up.

IF and only if I know I’m not going to go outside at all (movie/pyjama day haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I will use Trilogy Very Gentle moisturising cream. I do tend to use this at night if I’m going out as well as it’s fantastic under make up.

I’m 32 and adter having a baby I now need to combat hormonal breakouts, pigmentation and oily T zone. It’s taken a lot of trial and error but my morning routine at the moment seems to be finally working (along with a more intense nighttime routine):

Morning:
ASAP Gentle cleanser
The Ordinary Niacinimide - working wonders!!
Aspect Pigment Punch
Alpha H Protection Plus SPF 50 - I never ever skip sunscreen and this one is great, have already purchased again

pretty simple

• wash my face with cold water; apply moisturizer (Olay)
  • drink a glass of water (not the same water I was with my face :smile: )
  • exercise for about 15-30 minutes
  • wash up for work and apply moisturize (another Olay product)