Which Styling Iron Is The Right One For You?

Which Styling Iron Is The Right One For You?
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/which-styling-iron-is-the-right-one-for-you/

When it comes time to switch to a new styling iron, how are you supposed to know which one is right for your hair needs? There’s so many options, so I picked out my top styling irons and compared them for you! So, what’s the difference?

ELEVEN, Cloud Nine and ghd stylers are all salon quality, and each have their own benefits worth noting.

A post shared by ghd Australia and New Zealand (@ghdhair_anz) on Sep 2, 2017 at 12:06am PDT

Heat Settings:

Depending on your hair type and its condition, you can cater to your hair accordingly with each of the three stylers.

ELEVEN: The flat iron has six heat settings varying from 80°C-210°C to cater to smoothing frizz to managing course, unruly hair.

Cloud Nine : These stylers have adjustable heat settings, allowing you to vary the temperature of your styler between 100°C-200°C.

ghd: ghd stylers are heat controlled to 185°C, which has been proven to be the optimal temperature setting for ghd’s advanced ceramic heater technology to operate effectively.

Above: Cloud Nine Original Iron control panel

If you purchase a ghd styler, you'll be given a 2 year warranty on your purchase, while Cloud Nine stylers and the ELEVEN Flat Iron come with a 1 year warranty.

Heat Distribution:

While very similar, all brands use different forms heat distribution technologies, designed to evenly distribute heat over the hair shaft for effortless, controlled styling. Some heat distribution technology has also been designed to reduce damage to the hair, but I still recommend always using a heat protectant on the hair prior to styling. eleven-ghd-cloudnine

Above: ELEVEN Flat Iron, Cloud Nine Original Iron & ghd IV professional styler

The Range:

ghd do have the largest range of stylers available, from the ghd platinum collection, to ghd curve to ghd gold V, while Cloud Nine have a core range of six individual stylers, including curling wands and straighteners. ELEVEN range a singular Flat Iron and an extensive range of salon quality haircare.

ghd IV straightener styler

★★★★★ My favourite straightner on the market - Bec

"I use my ghd every day and have been a huge fan of theirs for years. Its always smooth, heat is consistent and so easy to use. I've tried Cloud Nine but I always go back to ghd. The warning beep feature when you've left it on has saved my straightener and bathroom counter countless times!"

Cloud Nine Original Iron

★★★★★ Perfect - Kirby

"Love this iron. This is better than my old ghd (something I never thought I'd say). Gives my hair perfect finish and makes the straightening process so much quicker. Is so easy to use. I would definitely recommend this iron and the Cloud Nine brand."

ELEVEN Flat Iron

★★★★★ I'm impressed! - Jo

"I was really impressed with this iron - it leaves my hair so smooth and silky, and I loved that I could adjust the heat settings for different styling purposes. For straightening, I set it lower because my hair is rather straight naturally, but to curl (which is super easy with this iron) I set it higher to get tighter curls."

Shop Cloud Nine | Shop ELEVEN | Shop ghd