Why Cleansing Balms Are Taking Over

Why Cleansing Balms Are Taking Over
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/why-cleansing-balms-are-taking-over/

I’m usually a gel cleanser kind of girl, but I have put these best-selling cleansing balms to the test, and I must admit, I’m convinced. I know some of you are wondering if a cleansing balm is right for you - so here goes!

space

What Is A Cleansing Balm?

Cleansing balms are rich cleansing formulas that remove dirt, makeup and impurities from the skin's surface while also restoring moisture to the skin with their natural oil content. The oil component of cleansing balms latches onto impurities and breaks down makeup, lifting off build-up from the skin's surface.

The oil content in your cleansing balm also grabs onto excess oil on the skin, clearing it away to prevent clogged pores and breakouts. If your face often feels tight and uncomfortable after cleansing, I’d suggest trying a cleansing balm!

How To Use:

Massage your cleansing balm directly onto your face and neck, and add a few drops of warm water to emulsify. Either rinse off or remove with a cloth. Cleansing balms can be used as a pre-cleanse to remove stubborn makeup, and followed with your usual cleanser.

A post shared by Dermalogica Australia (@dermalogicaaus) on Sep 28, 2017 at 9:07pm PDT

Which Product Should I Use?

The magic question - where to start! I've picked out some of our best-selling cleansing balms so you can select which one is suitable for your skin.

Your Lightweight Makeup Remover

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Suitable for: All skin types, including sensitive. It's allergy and ophthalmologist tested, non-acnegenic and 100% fragrance-free.
  • Gently dissolves your eye and face makeup

• This lightweight formula transforms from solid form to a silky oil upon application

• It’s non-greasy, non-drying and nourishes skin

• Cleanses thoroughly, and rinses off completely so there’s no left over residue

• Leaves the skin feeling comfortable and hydrated after use

★★★★★ Don't know how I lived without this! - Mary

This product is by far one of the best things I've ever used on my face. It is so quick and easy to use so its great if you're a little slack with removing your makeup before bed. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and moisturised no matter how heavy my makeup has been for the day. Never again will I buy cheap makeup wipes, this balm will be a permanent staple of mine from now on!

Buy here

Your Double Cleanse Staple

Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm

Suitable for: All skin types, safe to use around the eye area. I recommend PreCleanse Balm for full coverage foundation wearers, and waterproof makeup lovers.
  • Designed to be the first step in your double cleanse routine

• It’s a water-activated balm-to-oil cleansing solution

• Breaks down excess oil, makeup & environmental pollutants

• Comes with a silicone Cleansing Mitt to thoroughly cleanse the skin

• Locks in hydration, reinforces the skin’s natural barrier & helps nourish skin

★★★★★ Wow - Sarah

"Wow, I'm really loving this product. It's a pre-cleanse, but I find it cleansing enough on its own. I love rich hydrating cleansers, so this is perfect for my skin. The little massage cleansing tool that comes in the box is an absolute gem! This gooey balm really works a treat and feels incredible on the skin. Winner."

Buy here

Your Multi-Purpose Cleanser

Alpha-H Essential Cleansing Balm

Suitable for: All skin types, especially normal-dry and mature skin. It's free from parabens, mineral oil, sulphates, detergents and artificial fragrances.
  • This formula is 4-in-1 cleanser, toner, makeup remover & soothing balm

• Repairs and strengthens the skin’s protective barriers

• Alleviates discomfort, tightness and irritation on super sensitive skin types

• Can be used as a balm overnight for intense nourishment on very dry skin

• Contains a blend of essential oils to nourish, cleanse & replenish moisture

★★★★★ Gotta love a multi-tasker! - Elle

"I haven't used any Alpha-H products before, so this product was my first experience. I really enjoy using it, it smells beautiful, removes all make-up and is easy to rinse off skin. I am converted to this balm specifically because it doesn't leave an oily residue like others I have used in the past. I have dehydrated skin, and my skin feels hydrated and clean after use. Works really nicely with a muslin cloth. "

Buy here

Don't be scared off by phrases including the word 'oil'- in fact, if you have dry or dehydrated skin, the oil content in your cleansing balm will be your new best friend. Take the plunge and invest in a cleansing balm!

Shop Cleansers Here