Why Did This Mask Go Viral Online?

Why Did This Mask Go Viral Online?

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/why-did-this-mask-go-viral-online/

If you’ve got any sort of social media account, likelihood is you’ve probably seen Sand&Sky doing the rounds. I know, I thought it was super gimmicky as well (I’m usually really sceptical of Instafamous skincare).

So when I was handed a sample of Sand&Sky’s Brilliant Skin Purifying Pink Clay Mask to try, I assumed it’d just be like every other clay mask I’ve tried - but then I had a look at the ingredients list, and I couldn’t get it on my face quick enough.

A post shared by SandAndSkyAUS (@sandandskyaus) on Feb 27, 2018 at 3:02am PST

The Insta-Worthy Benefits:

- Draws out impurities, toxins, pollutants & pigmentation clusters
  • Helps to regenerate skin cells, stimulate collagen & protect the skin from damage

• Instantly brightens your complexion & evens out uneven skin tone

• Contains potent active anti-ageing & acne fighting ingredients

• Has exfoliating properties for smoother, softer skin

• Combats congestion to reduce breakouts & inflammation

• Shrinks enlarged pores & helps to clear blackheads

• Leaves the skin looking clearer, smoother & more refined

Buy here

The Ingredients:

This part is super important, in my opinion. This is what sets this product apart from gimmicky products that pop up on social media.

Kaolin Clay & Bentonite: both forms of clay that work to absorb oil & impurities from the skin for a more clear & refined complexion

Aloe Vera: has anti-inflammatory & hydrating properties to soothe the skin

Kakadu Plum Extract: contains a potent concentration of Vitamin C to brighten & protect the skin

Vitamin A: in the form of Retinyl Palmitate, fights acne, congestion & the signs of ageing

Vitamin E: rich in antioxidants, it’s a soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredient that also protects the skin

Witch Hazel: helps to regulate oil production while soothing inflammation

Lactic Acid: a form of AHA which works to chemicall exfoliate the skin, reducing acne & the signs of ageing

A post shared by SandAndSkyAUS (@sandandskyaus) on Jan 26, 2018 at 3:02am PST

How To Use:

One of the best things about this mask is how easy it is to use it. Even if you're a skincare novice, it's a piece of cake. Use the little brush provided to apply an even layer of the mask over clean, dry skin. Leave on your skin for no longer than 10 minutes (it'll fully dry in this time), before gently removing with warm water.

Warning: Your skin will tingle when first applied, especially if it’s not accustomed to active ingredients. The tingling will subside as it dries.

A little bit goes a long way, so this little pot of gold will last you around 15 applications. I’d recommend using this mask once a week if you have problematic/acne-prone skin, and once a fortnight or month for normal to sensitive skin.

Buy here

What's Everyone Saying?

Considering this mask went viral on social media, and Sand&Sky have a dedicated Instagram profile for reviews, there's no shortage of rave reviews online, so what's the general consensus?

★★★★★ Great on sensitive skin - Michelle

"I've found it to be really easy to apply and remove. My skin has cleared up noticeably and my skin is also a lot smoother than before. I was sceptical at first as to how it would be on my very intolerant sensitive skin & I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely the best face mask I've ever used! I'll be getting another pot after I finish up my current one!"

★★★★★ Love it! - Ally

"So I was researching a good mask to help acne scarring and uneven tone. I came across this mask online and decided to try it (I’ve tried every mask). I used it for the first time tonight and wow what a difference. Light pink scarring has significantly improved and my skin looks brighter compared to before I used the mask, originally my skin looked dull and lifeless. Pores are smaller and my skin feels fresh."

★★★★★ Pleasant experience & visible difference! - Caitlin

"This mask is silky smooth to apply, dries quickly and washes off clean (no painful peeling or pulling). It has a nice tingly sensation when it goes on, and left my skin brighter and more even. I spend a lot of time outside so my somewhat sensitive skin gets plenty of sunscreen, dirt, dust, wind, and general exposure to the elements. I feel like Sand and Sky gives my skin some love and recovery from what my lifestyle puts it through. Very happy!"

★★★★★ It really works - Adam

"Great to use a product that actually does what is says it will do. Instantly makes your skin feel so much smoother and I find even more so the next day. Love the application brush, helps to get a nice even coverage. My son uses it on his acne prone skin and loves the result he gets. I have recommended to family and friends and will continue to do so."

Buy Sand&Sky Brilliant Skin Purifying Pink Clay Mask Here