Why I'm Crushing On Bobbi Brown's Newest Lippies

Why I'm Crushing On Bobbi Brown's Newest Lippies
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/why-im-crushing-on-bobbi-browns-newest-lippies/

I must say, every Bobbi Brown product I’ve tried has impressed me, and that’s no easy feat considering the amount of products I try. However, I’m super picky with lipsticks; from texture, to finish, to shades, a lippy has to be exactly what I’m after, so I was concerned that Bobbi’s newest launch wouldn’t make the cut.

What did I like about it?

- It has the look of a lipstick but the comfortable feel of a balm
  • It gives you a just-kissed, stain effect on the lips, as opposed to rich pigment

• It is a buildable formula so you can customise your coverage as you please

• It contains Vitamins E & C and beeswax so it’s super nourishing and hydrating

• It has a balmy consistency with a satin matte finish

• It doesn’t feather and the colour actually lasts really well

Buy here

How To Get The Most Out Of It:

One layer of your Crushed Lip shade delivers a blotted-down look for more of a lip stain effect. Layer two or three more swipes for more intense colour payoff. I love that the intensity of this product can be adjusted according to the rest of your makeup. It pairs well with minimal, summery makeup, and can also work with a full face.

The formula is free from titanium and other ingredients that add weight and give opaque coverage, so it gives your lips colour without feeling heavy, for a un-lipstick look and feel.

About The Shades:

This 20-shade range has really stuck with a plum, pink and orange hue selection, so there's no obscure shades in the mix - all of them are really wearable, my fave being the bright orange Sunset shade. But what does everyone else think?

Above (left-right): Bitten, Grenadine, Plum, Sunset

★★★★★ My perfect nude-but-better - Mila

"The Plum is my perfect nude-but-better colour for me. I love the neutral finish - not shimmery, not matte, a little moisturizing - and good staying power. Thinking about a 2nd color and/or maybe a back-up because it's that good."

★★★★★ Multi-purpose colour - Nin

"I purchased this in shade cranberry and love it. I have an 8 month old at home & wearing makeup nowadays is just not realistic, but I recently decided to try this new formula ( previously used the regular cranberry lipstick). I literally use this on my lips, my cheeks, and on my eyelids (it stays without creasing) - throw on a little mascara and my face looks I actually spent a lot of time on it. Really love this! Thank you!"

★★★★★ Long-lasting barely there feeling on my lips - RSB

"Bare and Cranberry are now my faves! I like that one swipe gives a barely there luscious matte look. I like that two or more swipes give my lips the intense look. No matter the intensity, it's as if I don't have any of the product on me. It lasts all day! I drink water all day and there's no lipstick smudge on my glass water bottle!"

Shop Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Here