Why Prepping Your Lips Is Essential

Why Prepping Your Lips Is Essential
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/why-prepping-your-lips-is-essential/

If you’re a regular lipstick wearer, you’ll already understand the importance of prepping your lips before applying any sort of lip product. Especially when wearing matte formulas, the last thing you want is for your lip colour to cling to any dry patches (yuck!)

My little secret to soft, smooth lips is elf’s Lip Exfoliator. It’s $9.00, and has been a staple in my makeup bag for several years. It’s super easy to use and really allows you to buff off unwanted dry skin, as it comes in bullet, like a lipstick.

Why Should I Exfoliate My Lips?

Apart from removing any dead skin from your lips prior to applying lipstick, exfoliating your lips actually has other benefits too. Exfoliating the lip area encourages blood flow, which not only gives your lips a natural flush of pink, but it can help plump them up a bit too.

If I’ve been struggling with chronic dry lips (usually during winter), I like to ensure I’m exfoliating my lips regularly so that my lip balm can do its job by nourishing the renewed skin underneath.

Before & After

What's So Good About The Elf Lip Exfoliator?

- It gently exfoliates to remove dry, chapped skin
  • Infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado & Jojoba Oils to nourish & protect

• Sugar acts as a natural scrub (and it tastes good too!)

• It treats and smooths the lips for a hydrated, comfortable feel

• Comes in super compact packaging, like a lipstick (perfect for on-the-go)

• The bullet of the exfoliator gives you control over your level of pressure applied

Buy here

1958502jpi2obm7n1qoa1p

How To Use:

I like to apply firm pressure to get the most out of the Lip Exfoliator, but on sensitised lips, you can just use gentle pressure to avoid irritation. That's why I love the packaging of this product, because you can press down harder for a more intense exfoliation, and really get rid of that dry skin build-up.

Simply apply the product to the lips; I like to leave it for about 15 minutes, as the sugar particles tend to dissolve, then I simply rinse off with warm water and apply my favourite lip balm!

Buy here

Shop Elf Cosmetics Here