Why You Need To Alternate Your Cleanser

Why You Need To Alternate Your Cleanser
0.0 0

Originally published at: https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/beautyiq/why-you-need-to-alternate-your-cleanser/

For most of us who are skincare-conscious, cleansing our skin is an essential part of our daily skin routines. And like me, I bet you’ve found a cleanser that works for you and you’ve stuck to it. But have you ever wondered if maybe you’re in a cleanser rut?

If you’ve been using the same cleanser for a long time, and your skin is still a bit blah, you might want to consider changing up your cleansing routine and opting for a higher intensity treatment cleanser.

A post shared by Skinstitut (@skinstitut) on Aug 17, 2017 at 11:09pm PDT

Cleansing 101

• If you are wearing makeup, always double cleanse your skin

• Your first cleanse will remove make-up, oil, dirt and debris from the skin

• Your second cleanse can then really get in & remove surface impurities

• Make sure you choose a cleanser based on your skin type/concerns

What if I've got sensitive skin?

If you struggle with sensitised or easily irritated skin, opt for a calming cleanser for both your first and second cleanse. I recommend trying Skinstitut’s Gentle Cleanser, which contains aloe vera, vitamins B5 and E, plus green tea. This cleanser replenishes the skin, while also being hydrating and doing its job of cleaning your skin. It can even be used around the eye area to remove makeup.

★★★★★ Great for my sensitive and dry skin - Adrian

“This cleanser washed off really easily and didn’t dry out my skin like a lot of other cleansers do. I have sensitive skin so have to be careful not to use anything harsh and this was great. I will definitely keep using this product.”

A post shared by Skinstitut (@skinstitut) on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:27am PDT

What's a treatment cleanser?

You'll still use your daily cleanser for your first cleanse to remove what's on the surface of the skin, followed by your treatment cleanser to clear away what's left behind, as well as treat your skin. I often recommend treatment cleansers for skin types like mine that become easily irritated by physical exfoliators and scrubs.
  • Essentially an ‘active’ cleanser which has a secondary purpose

• Ingredients like lactic or glycolic acid provide a chemical exfoliation effect

• Skin is left with a smoother texture & more refined appearance

• Helps to speed up our skin’s cell turnover for brighter, clearer skin

A post shared by Skinstitut (@skinstitut) on Apr 5, 2017 at 3:27pm PDT

Signs You Should Try A Treatment Cleanser:

A treatment cleanser might not be for you - but if you’re experiencing the skin concerns below, than it might be worth giving it a go.

• Your complexion looks dull & lacklustre

• You’re noticing the appearance of signs of ageing

• Your skin feels rough or has an uneven texture

• You’re experiencing pigmentation or uneven skin tone

• You’re prone to blackheads, congestion or breakouts

Shop Cleansers Here

A post shared by Skinstitut (@skinstitut) on Jun 25, 2017 at 1:07am PDT

Which treatment cleanser is right for me?

If your skin is dry or dehydrated skin, you have an uneven skin tone, minor blemishes/congestion, or diffused redness, I recommend Skinstitut's L-Lactic Cleanser.

The L-Lactic Cleanser is a medium intensity cleanser that delivers both a deep cleansing action and gentle exfoliation. This cleanser is designed to combat skin irritation while restoring moisture and hydration to the skin. It’s perfect for dry, dull and lacklustre skin, and for targeting mild congestion.

★★★★★ A godsend for hormonal acne - Ashleigh

"I have never loved a cleanser as much as I love this product. A pea sized amount does my face, neck and chest all without that dry tight feeling. It smells amazing and is just an overall fantastic product."

Buy it here

If your skin is quite resilient and you’re noticing the signs of premature ageing, breakouts, blackheads, sun damage or pigmentation, then try a higher intensity cleanser like Skinstitut's Glycolic Cleanser 12%.

This non-dehydrating, lightly foaming formula deeply cleanses and exfoliates the skin, so it’s ideal for unclogging pores and preventing future breakouts and congestion. It contains anti-bacterial tea tree oil and calming vitamin B5 to treat acne-prone skin.

★★★★★ Great cleanser - Clare

"I love this cleanser! It doesn't foam up so it is not too harsh on the skin. It removes all my makeup and does not dry out my skin or leave it feeling tight. I use it every night :)"

Buy it here