Your At-Home Brunette Guide To Rich, Non-Brassy Colour

Your At-Home Brunette Guide To Rich, Non-Brassy Colour
0.0 0

Originally published at:

Brassiness isn’t just for blondes. We brunettes can be cursed with brassy tones in our hair as well. The good news is, you aren’t stuck with it.

As we’re focusing on eradicating any brassiness, I’ve found some at-home colour correctors that’ll give you a ‘cool’ brown. You might be more familiar with the term ‘ashy’. Essentially, this just means we’re toning the hair to remove any red/orange ‘warm’ undertones.

A post shared by Emma Chen (@emmachenartistry) on Jun 12, 2017 at 7:37pm PDT

At-Home Salon Experience:

Kérastase Touche Chromatique

Shade: Cool Brown

This product makes me feel like I’m creating an in-salon experience at home, so I can stretch out times between visits to my hairdresser.

• Provides personalised colour correcting care

• Refreshes cool brown shades and prolongs colour intensity

• We have limited edition bundles available for fine and thick hair types

• Touche Chromatique neutralises & prevents unwanted brassy undertones

How To Use:

Before showering, fill your mixing bowl with Masque Chromatique up to the dosage line (15ml). Add 10 clicks of Touche Chromatique, then mix to create an even blend. In the shower, shampoo first and rinse, then apply the blended mixture evenly onto damp hair. Leave in for 5 minutes, then rinse out.

Buy here

A post shared by Kerastase (@kerastase_official) on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:13am PDT

In-Shower Treatment Toner:

Christophe Robin Shade Variation Care

Shade: Ash Brown

This is my no-fuss, in-shower, all-in-one treatment and colour corrector. It's designed to nourish your hair colour, and revive the beautiful rich brunette tones in your hair.
  • Neutralises the effects of oxidation on coloured & natural hair

• Deeply nourishes hair with Buriti Oil & almond butter

• It has a luxurious creamy mask-like formula

• Restores shine & protects from damage

How To Use:

Apply Shade Variation Care to towel-dried hair from root to tip (or just to brassy areas if you wish). Lather by massaging into hair and leave in for 5-30 minutes, depending on the desired intensity, then rinse out. Tone washes out after 3-5 washes.

Buy here

Express Colour Correction:

Revlon Professional Nutri Color Crème

Shade: 411 Cold Brown

This one is a 3 in 1 nutrient-rich product is designed to refresh your colour between salon visits in under 3 minutes (yay for express fixes!)
  • Instant colour is added to your hair (without ammonia or peroxide)

• This creme formula doubles as a nourishing, detangling treatment

• Adds shine and softness to dull hair in need of a freshen up

• Reduces static & retains moisture while restoring rich cool colour

How To Use:

Wearing gloves, apply to washed and towel-dried hair. Leave in for 3 or more minutes, then rinse until water runs clear. Seal your locks with cold water.

Buy here

A post shared by Raptcha'u Hair & Beauty (@raptchau) on Aug 28, 2017 at 1:53pm PDT

Shop Colour Maintenance Here