Your Beginner's Guide To Korean Beauty

Your Beginner's Guide To Korean Beauty
0.0 0

Originally published at:

If you are yet to delve into the sometimes crazy world of K-Beauty, you’re in for a ride. Featuring questionable ingredients like snail slime, bee venom and donkey milk, the world of Korean beauty boasts some weird yet wonderful brands and products - and we’ve well and truly jumped on the bandwagon.

The focus of K-Beauty is all around achieving pure, clear, healthy skin, which the Korean’s firmly believe stems from hydration. So not surprisingly, a lot of Korean skincare is solely focused on restoring and retaining moisture in the skin.

So if you’re new to K-Beauty, where do you start? Let’s get you on the basics.

A post shared by Chriselle Lim 🌟 임소정 (@chrisellelim) on Nov 10, 2017 at 10:29am PST

Skincare Essentials: Cremorlab

Mineral-rich thermal water is the foundation of all the Cremorlab range, you could call it the Korean version of Avène (for all of you French pharmacy skincare lovers).

Cleanse: Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor Refreshing Cleansing Gel Oil

- Removes all traces of makeup while caring for your skin
  • The rich texture of this cleanser melts onto skin, removing oil, dirt & makeup

• Ensures skin feels comfortable & moisturised while cleansing

Tone: Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor Mineral Treatment Essence

- Restores suppleness & your skin's natural moisture balance
  • The 5 in 1 skin solution delivers hydration, reduces wrinkles & tightens pores

• It also brightens the complexion & refines skin texture

Moisturise: Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor for Face Fresh Water Gel

- Revitalises & rehydrates all skin types
  • Rich in thermal water, Vitamins A, C, B1 & B2

• This lightweight gel formula protects against moisture loss for soft, plump skin

Shop Cremorlab

A post shared by 크레모랩 공식 인스타그램 (@cremorlab_kr) on Jun 12, 2016 at 9:22pm PDT

Skincare Treatment: La Flôr Cosmetics

La Flôr Cosmetics oozes luxury with black and gold embossed packaging, but it's what's inside that really feels like an expensive trip to a day spa. A sheet mask plus a Rejuvenating Gold Ampoule takes your Friday night pamper session to another level.

Treat: La Flor Pearl Luminous Brightening Mask

- It's a luxurious two-step facial to enhance & refine the complexion
  • Skin is left ultra-hydrated, nourished & luminous (and feels SO smooth)

• Helps to improve skin health by healing, strengthening & firming

★★★★★ Where have you been all my life?! - Charley

"I applied this mask before bed, left it on for the specified time, then removed the mask and used clean hands to pat the remaining product into my skin. The next morning, my skin literally looked airbrushed (this never happens!). I couldn't believe it! My skin felt healthy, plump, smooth, looked radiant, and though it doesn't claim to do this, my pores seemed visibly reduced. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for instant results - it would be perfect to use before an event, or on a flight for that much needed hydration boost. It will certainly be an essential for me in future!"

Shop La Flôr Cosmetics

Makeup Must-Haves: Touch In Sol

Touch In Sol is actually a rather westernised Korean brand compared to some others on the market, with only a hint of K-Beauty vibes - which makes it super easy for us beginners to confidently choose products.

Prime: Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer

- This pore-reducing primer creates a smooth base for makeup
  • It builds an invisible barrier to outside elements to protects the skin

• It contains a unique powder to control oil production for velvety-smooth skin

Glitter: Touch In Sol Metallist Shadow Liquid Foil & Glitter Duo

- Make your eyes pop with liquid foil and glitter!
  • Features liquid foil with a soft mousse-like texture & a shimmering, crease-free finish

• The other side contains richly pigmented glitter powder for added glam

Pout: Touch In Sol Go Extreme High Definition Lip Laquer

- This Lip Laquer gives you the sheen of a gloss with the longevity of a tint
  • Infused with fruit oil & argan oil for natural deep hydration

• The water-proof vibrant colour will last for hours

Shop Touch In Sol here

A post shared by Touch In Sol (@touchinsolau) on Sep 20, 2017 at 1:53am PDT

Shop here